1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

LOL. Fuzz, I don't think I have you in my friends list. I want to frag deh bunneh.

F1ak

2. JaFO

JaFO bugs are features too ...

as opposed to the Unreal-editor itself which can do real previews ? ;)
    // ---
    hey ... why else visit a forum for a game we don't really want to like ;)

3. Sirius

Sirius Meh

If bitching about something meant you loved it UT3 must be the most loved game in the universe.

4. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Just before I do something stupid, can I confirm that it's against the rules to ask for/post a download link? The only reason I ask is that the original post seemed almost intentionally vague lol

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

It's a semi-public test. You can ask, but you won't get links to it here :)

6. Beelzebud (Satanas)

Beelzebud (Satanas) New Member

What game has a live preview for advanced graphical settings?

I'm all for complaining about problems, but as others have said, this is just nitpicking for stuff that other games, including previous UT games, never had.

7. Sir_Squiggles

Sir_Squiggles Knight of the Wound Table.

Are the original three sliders still in there? I'ma have a panick attack sifting through all that :(

8. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Oh my goddamn ****ing god! I hope you're not kidding. Part of my frustration with this game is the fact that the enforcers suck, the link gun is weak, and i can;t hit anyone with the flak when i get too close.

But the biggest thing for me, "the flak cannon shots are more accurate and deadly even if u have the shield, "
    If you are not lying then i reckon UT3 instantly became more fun for me.
    I used to be a real flak monkey in all the other unreal's, but come ut3 and i can't hit ****. OMGOMGOMG

9. Staward

Staward Lauda tuus animus

Does this patch changes the HUD in-game? I wish they used the black HUD from the Onyx Coast promo, to match with the new one :)

10. Miker

Miker Master Mullet

lol wut

Pretty sure the changelog didn't say anything weapon tweaks.

11. HarleyKing

HarleyKing Road Killa'

come on, anyone with some feedback about this issue?

I think this kind of changes are more important to discuss that that UI aesthetics thing. They didn't modify the menus layout, darn it! that's terrible enough to get over it and move on to another aspects of the patch.
    Btw, I'm exited about this graphics improvements, could you make some screenshot comparison?

Wow, is this guy right? ... are you saying the link gun has two fire modes on secondary attack? flak cannon shots are more "accurate"? If you're right I believe we got some serious gameplay changes that haven't been mentioned in any preview to date.

12. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

I actually ask because I found a public link and I was wondering if I'd be allowed to share it.

13. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

That's because there weren't any. D:

14. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

The reason they don't make these patches openly available is so they don't have to deal with support issues from random people who download the patch and wonder why their game doesn't work anymore. So you shouldn't try to post links publicly (But i'm sure some people's PM boxes wouldnt mind... ahem.)

Didn't think so :p The tip off is the push 2 mouse buttons thing on the link gun, because no such thing exists to my knowldge.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  15. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Fair enough. That being said, it didn't take me long to find the patch with google. Patch is great, I recommend you try it if you can find it, and refrain from bugging Epic about it for the time being :p

16. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

:)

ain't that the truth

17. SPIDEYUT2K7

SPIDEYUT2K7 I see a blue screen

Man, my main weapon is the FLAK CANNON and believe me is very POWERFUL NOW ;) , someone spoke before about the link gun beam damage, if u didnt notice before even without the patch you can just pressing both buttons while FIRST with the normal secondary is shooting, look very carefully the BEAM increase the damage and the color change, but careful, the ammunition is running low more faster than usual thats the con.

18. SPIDEYUT2K7

SPIDEYUT2K7 I see a blue screen

Well if u have the beta or when is realeased the final version u will see the difference my friend :D

19. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Sorry, but this is simply incorrect. I just tried it. The enforcers seem unchanged as well.

20. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Some good news, I thought it might but the menu changes don't break mapmixer in any way. There's a new mod settings button in the settings menu that appears to allow for modders to add a configuration dialog for stuff.