1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Feb 20, 2009.

1. Apathy.

Apathy. New Member

False. At least I didn't notice anything like that.

2. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

I hope that none of those weapon tweaks are true. The Flak Cannon is already strong.

3. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

how do i start a map as spectator?
    it used to be 'open mapname?spectatoronly=1', right? doesn't seem to work anymore...

EDIT: hmm... i must have typed the same typo for something like 5 minutes it seems because 'open mapname?spectatoronly=1' does work now :p

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  4. brdempsey69

brdempsey69 Original UT Owns !!

Beautiful, man. Thanks so much for the heads up. This is really good news. For me MapMixer is too useful to be without. Thanks again.

Oh, if someone could post the command line for the new gametypes, I would appreciate it. ( For Example CTF is UTGameContent.UTCTFGame_Content )

5. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

Yeah, it's a bonus. Mapmixer + ingame menu that doesnt make eyes bleed = yay.

(edit- problem fixed)

I will say about mapmixer though- I do wish it was a little easier to set up initially. Though once you get it just the way you want it, all it takes is 2 mouse clicks and you're on your way to some fragging.

Player nametags were made smaller (they were obnoxiously huge before), and the names of all people in a vehicle with more than one seat are shown (if you're close enough)

6. FlakMonkey

FlakMonkey Master of Flak

Dam, I can't wait for this patch! /Me starts UT3 in anticipation!

Not that I really care, but Steve Polge did ask the testers not to provide the Beta to the public. Saying that, nothing is going to stop a person who really really wants to have a go at the Beta to get it from somewhere.

7. brdempsey69

brdempsey69 Original UT Owns !!

It sound like the workaround may be to set the character up in the regular menu before switching over to MM. I believe you can also hand-edit one of the MapMixer .ini's for custom gametypes like BR ans DOM, so I'm hopeful that will also apply to Greed & Betrayal. Hence, the reason for the request for the command line for these game types.

8. Alhanalem

All those weapon tweaks talked about earlier are false, by the way.

9. Bersy

Bersy New Member

Only the armor character has changed slightly as well as new items for the new game modes... I have the same opinion, I thought the HUD looked absolutely sexy from the promos where it was black.. of course they need to indicate teams somehow but I don't like the way it is done now. Looks slapped together, which is a shock after having such a clean and professional looking HUD in 2k4.

10. Alhanalem

The changes to the scoreboard seem to have broken the multi-team scoreboard from UT3DOM :( It displays the red/blue scoreboards on top of the green/gold scoreboards.

As to the hud, the health/ammo displays seem slightly different, though I could be imagining it. The numbers seem bigger and they don't have a dark edge around them. But I could be imagining it.

11. 213

213 New Member

YOU SHUT YOUR FILTHY WHORE MOUTHS!!! TEH NEWPATCH IS TEH ROXX0R!!!!1!1!!!ELEVENTY-ONE!!!

oh ,.. <cough cough> *ahem* Sorry had some impetuous youthful glee caught in my frontal lobe for a second there.

The new UI look is teh sex imho, but what I'm most happy about is the added functionality to it all. I love and appreciate any game that delivers customization/tweaking/performance options that matter to me ( "me" as in the platform, PC in this case), and that can be done within the game itself.

The level loading in the background seems kind of pointless now though doesn't? Just a very humble thought there, doesn't mater to me per say since my rig (even with an nVidia card, AND their retarded drivers) runs the game just fine.

All in all as long as I start playing this on-line and feel my shots are actually landing where I'm putting them I'll be very happy. And reading through the list of changes I think a few fixes seem to point in that direction, so...

/waits, sighs.. :)

12. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

All this patch and bonus pack talk has my UT3 libido in full swing. March 5th can't get here soon enough.

13. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

In DM, yes, your HUD is now black instead of yellow. Team-based games will still color the HUD your team's color.

Attached Files:

14. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

oh :(

15. Miker

Miker Master Mullet

Nifty.

16. Matfei

Matfei [:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:

I like very much.

17. Bersy

Bersy New Member

Hadn't seen that. It's an improvement. A small one, but still.

18. Alhanalem

BTW- the change to weapon pickups means you're no longer totally starved for AVRIL ammo. :p

19. shoptroll

shoptroll Active Member

Really? I thought DP was the one who put the edits into the wiki? >_>

EDIT: I like the HUD change, and I wish my game looked like that...

20. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

The ammo changes are real, the damage amounts are not.