1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Dark Pulse, Feb 20, 2009.

1. dirtyharry

dirtyharry New Member

perhaps a silly question, but will the admin be able to turn off the nametags ? I noticed while playing DM last night that all players had a nametag over them, this is good and bad... good if your hunting someone down (gives away position), Bad if your the hunted (gives away position) LOL, the talking bubble was good so that you dont kill someone whos talking, but the nametag I'm not to sure about....

2. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

It depends on the effect. You wouldn't want to allow the player to turn off the sandstorms.

3. DeBiese

DeBiese New Member

As long as we are bitching about things...

How about changing the color of the screen while loading a map... I mean, everything else is black now, this is still white... :)

As for the rest ... Looks great! :)

4. [PSI]Snow White

[PSI]Snow White New Member

2 years 3 months to late. :eek:

5. SPIDEYUT2K7

SPIDEYUT2K7 I see a blue screen

We are not bitching like someone around says, we are just arguing about the goods and other stuff that could possibly increase the fun factor in game; im still in love with this new interface, better textures (a bit darker is good for me in some maps), and all the others...FOR FREE! thats why EPIC rocks HARD! :)
    [​IMG]

Chillout and have fun :p

6. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

7. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

Well, hardcore PC fans wouldnt be in an uproar had this game not been a console port of a magnificant classic PC game. It should have been the other way around where consolers gets the dumbed down version.

8. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

Even if that argument has some truth it's still getting old. No wait, it's already old.

And if you don't believe me, then go back to to UT2004, UT2003, UT. Then play some console FPS games.

9. Alhanalem

Alhanalem Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop

So have I and I assure you, there is zero difference in the flak trajectory, enforcer damage, or any other weapons other than the weapon pickup ammo changes *vs the current version*. They might have made some changes to the weapons in previous patches (I don't remember) but in the currently released version to the 2.0 patch, no weapon tweaks were made (Other than what is listed in the patch notes which includes nothing related to the above)

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Want to try contributing something or not posting in this thread? Or would you rather get the Read Only achievement instead?
    :tup:

11. savov

savov Guest

I just tried the patch. It looks very promising. I didnt notice any weapons balance changed, except the ammo as it was mentioned early. But there is an interesting update to the leaderboard. When u hit F2 now in front of the player name u will see a little icon showing his most used weapon. I kinda like this :) The server browser is also been updated. U have spectate and join to direct ip, u can filter servers though mutators etc. Under the Settings menu u have a "Mod configuration" tool. I notice on DM-CarbonFire where the powerups are there are few robot models just standing o_O and EXIT in the main menu dont work... u have to click it 3-4 times... but still its a beta and im looking forward to the final version.

If u have questions feel free to ask them :)

12. Leak

Leak New Member

Good.

13. Sirius

Sirius Meh

I second that motion.

I'll give ya twenty bucks if you go ahead and do it ;)

14. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Some one needs relaxatives

If you're here to insult people at least do it right.

There's nothing perfect, some of us just thought the carbon look could use little improvements, what's so bad in that? There's no need to hear your ragecry here. In our world there's no possibilities to improvement without a little criticism.

The Carbon texture is way over scaled. That is the problem.

We're impatient to hear about you doing so.
    Did you forgot your meds?

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  15. os][ris

os][ris New Member

I like this guy..

p.s. The menu looks awesome and it's def. what it should have been when released.. I haven't read the responses but if people are still complaining then some of you seriously need a reality check

Epic employees have come on THIS forum to address that specific topic and several of them have stated that the game was not a port. Do not call a product a port because you did not like the way it turned out. Why can't you just get over it? I mean really....

Some of you UT fans or whiners cause that's all most of you do are a lost cause and the excessive crying and bitching is why I just stick to the front page and ignore threads.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  16. [T.S]Psycho

[T.S]Psycho Brain Damage

That's not really sticking to the front page and ignoring threads is it :lol:
    Anyway wanted to say I really am looking forward to the full release of 2.0 and the titan pack. I've got the idea my frames per second have improved with the beta patch :D, for example my laptop had arround 30fps now it's arround 45fps

So far I would like to say that they can keep up the good work. Whas already pleased with UT3 before but this is making it better. Only downside is the carbon in the menu's which I rather not have but well I can live with it like I lived with the old menu style... ;)

17. Hideinlight

Hideinlight Member

Can anyone with patch 2.0 beta1d please check if mk3rdperson or action cam is working?
    And are you getting a C++ error when starting up game?

Those are two oddities I've encountered so far.

18. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

For those who have tested the patch, am I the only one who finds headshots laughably easy now?

19. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Not any more so than before.

20. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

They were always easy on bots, if that's what you're playing against. A couple of times I've gotten Head Hunter before anyone has even touched any flags on ctf-face, and my aim sucks ass.
    See avatar.