SPORE video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I still wonder how large is in the file size for them to get those creature data inside the PNG file. Must be something like 2-3KB.

I can't get one of my older creation back even though I still have the PNG of it.
Here's my 2 favorites so far.
taurusts8.png
rocevv4.png

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Kanth, drag the PNG into the creation window and resave it.
Nope, that's the problem, it doesn't work anymore. I have the same issue with the first critter I created. I saved it, PNG is there and all, but when I drag it back inside nothing happens. :/

For those who want to try it's this one (Yes the name is in French, because for some reason the game installed itself in French without asking me about anything -still is in French too- so I figured I'd do some French names. In English it's "Lizard"):

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
I downloaded it from the store using that EADM sh*t and now I can't play it. The program insisted that even after it downloaded the full version that I still only had the trial, so I uninstalled the trial and now nothing happens at all when I click the play button. Upon restarting EADM it seems I now have to redownload the game. D:

EA f**king sucks.

Should have known better than to buy a game infested with DRM. Pirating is so much less hassle. :eek:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
You have to uninstall the trial first. It will ask you if you want to save your data files.

Hal, nice creatures :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
You can't wait to open that box, and I can't wait to open the other box in September.
Nom nom nom nom.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I tried to make a Clefthoof from WoW.... serious lack of "Hair" options in this... as in all games, but i tried to make do, I'm sure with the right combination of texture coat/detail/base etc it'd look more convincing but i haven't found it yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiY2dTA5I7o

I also made a Wolpertinger..... I'm getting the opinion that this editor is ideal for making dinosaurs but not so much the fluffier sort of creature, though i do appreciate how complicated and hard to pull off hair is in games;

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I don't know about the Clefthoof, I haven't seen such a mob in my whole WoW experience, but it's sure well made.

(I dropped WoW by the time Karazhan raids were fun)
From here I started to create dull creatures like the one you'd see eaten in the SPORE E3 videos.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I don't know about the Clefthoof, I haven't seen such a mob in my whole WoW experience, but it's sure well made.

(I dropped WoW by the time Karazhan raids were fun)
From here I started to create dull creatures like the one you'd see eaten in the SPORE E3 videos.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Clefthoof
Ring any bells? (i didn't do a very good job)

Anyway i've discovered that the Sporedia itself is actually up and running so it might save some time and effort just posting my user page. :)
http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-erfivur
I didn't carry all of my trial ones over and have only shared a few so far to play with it.

Last edited:

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
FicelloFlesh.

Shadow_Dragon: Lol, yeah, you did a good job on making the creature look nice, but since I couldn't recognize the WoW beast in the first place...

Last edited: