SPORE video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
He didn't like it :D

I put the same pair of hands on my guy like 4 times in a row, he kept yelling, 5th time he was in total accord.

Also the mouthes won't open when he will bite (Well they will, but they are hidden in hands so you don't see it).

Doesn't really matter since the hands will be hitting the characters (Inside)

He will also make two animal sounds o.o Crossbreeding?

Crab claws doesn't breath.

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I know about the "He didn't like it" thing, it's just a choice between two animations :p

But my big mouth is fish (At least I think so), and you said: "Add two hidden insect mouthes under the crab hands", well these two make noise too :/
Unless I mis-understood the insect part completely.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I doubt I'll play it for a very long time, but I have to get it. I have never liked any god games at all. I despise the sims. Spore is just too freaking adorable though. I can't wait to have a whole tribe of creatures I made.

I was never into playing with dollhouses (sims) growing up, but I did love to play army. Now my army men are going to be cute lite pixar creatures. I love the premise.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I just downloaded the full yesterday via EA downloader.
The GF likes it, here's what she did.

EDIT: Added some more

Last edited:

XxDangerxX

Jan 20, 2008
NSW, Australia
www.myspace.com
As fr penii did you not look at the youtube video cuddles posted?

I'm sorry to report to you that you have incorrectly pluralised the word "penis".

You see, a word that ends in "is" in it's singular form, goes in the same plural suffix category as that of words like "Crisis", which gets pluralised to "Crises".

If the plural were Penii, the singular form would have to be "Penius". Having 2 "i"s as the end in its plural form, like "radii" to "radius", the word in it's singular form would have to end in "ius", as, when pluralised, the "us" is replaced by only 1 "i". You will notice that words like "octopus" get pluralised to "Octopi", with only 1 "i" at the end.

These systems of pluralisation, however, are not as consistent or black and white as one might think, as some words do not abide by them.

If you would like to follow this link to Wikipedia, you will learn a little more about the origins of pluralisation from foreign and historic languages. I hope you enjoy it.

So, in conclusion, you made 3 mistakes:

1. You presumed the word "penis" follows it's 'logical' system of pluralisation.
  2. Presuming the word "penis" does, in fact, use it's 'logical' system of pluralisation, you used the wrong system.
  3. Assuming you used the right system, you incorrectly doubled up the suffix.

Last edited:

Flak

May 26, 2004
Kanth your creatures are awesome. I would like them to populate my world come September, so you need to start adding descriptions. :p

B

Bee
Sep 6, 2000
Bussum, NL
www.zdclan.nl
I'm sorry to report to you that you have incorrectly pluralised the word "penis".

You see, a word that ends in "is" in it's singular form, goes in the same plural suffix category as that of words like "Crisis", which gets pluralised to "Crises".

If the plural were Penii, the singular form would have to be "Penius". Having 2 "i"s as the end in its plural form, like "radii" to "radius", the word in it's singular form would have to end in "ius", as, when pluralised, the "us" is replaced by only 1 "i". You will notice that words like "octopus" get pluralised to "Octopi", with only 1 "i" at the end.

These systems of pluralisation, however, are not as consistent or black and white as one might think, as some words do not abide by them.

If you would like to follow this link to Wikipedia, you will learn a little more about the origins of pluralisation from foreign and historic languages. I hope you enjoy it.

1. You presumed the word "penis" follows it's 'logical' system of pluralisation.
  2. Presuming the word "penis" does, in fact, use it's 'logical' system of pluralisation, you used the wrong system.

Penii sounds better!

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!

I know! I just thought it soundii funnier! :)

In conclusion you made mistakes;
1. You assumed
2. You presumed

Thanks for the link though ;)

P.s/ Is it even possible to say "Penii" with a straight enough face that anyone would take it seriously? For me at least it's one of those words that instantly makes all the other words, sentences and paragraphs directly associated with it immediately hilarious!

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Wow they're getting close to a million creatures, in just a week o.o
A very impressive participation indeed...

Made a few new ones, check the link.

Last edited:

Flak

May 26, 2004

Thank you :) Actually they don't NEED to be done, but most people talking about the game want to see what the creator intended and won't download creatures without descriptions. All of yours are going to be in my universe.

pew pew

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
My first creation:

[screenshot]http://img396.imageshack.us/img396/8098/crehykroko068a63bcsmllf8.jpg[/screenshot]

It doesn't have eyes, didn't have enough DNA for that..

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I still can't get over how "cute" they had to make this game look, but I guess that's a bad excuse to pass up the uniqueness of it.

My concern is that, like the Sims, since it's big Willy Wright, they might end up releasing numerous little expansions for the game each of which are gonna' run you 30 bucks to get some extra parts and pieces to play with. I mean they sort of already did it with the Creature Creator. Something like that to get people hyped should be free for 100% of the parts (I mean all you can do is build and then walk around a small pen) yet they're gonna' squeeze 10 bucks out of you to hold you over before you pay another 60 for the game itself :hmm:

Last edited:

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
I still can't get over how "cute" they had to make this game look, but I guess that's a bad excuse to pass up the uniqueness of it.

My concern is that, like the Sims, since it's big Willy Wright, they might end up releasing numerous little expansions for the game each of which are gonna' run you 30 bucks to get some extra parts and pieces to play with.

Uhm, that's not Will Wrights' doing. It's EA.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
My concern is that, like the Sims, since it's big Willy Wright, they might end up releasing numerous little expansions for the game each of which are gonna' run you 30 bucks to get some extra parts and pieces to play with.
I'm honestly fine with that... as long as there's enough game to justify the initial 50 bucks.

You don't have to buy the expansions, but you'll invariably run out of stuff to tinker with and well, I'm fine with paying 30 bucks for a whole new slew of parts.