SPORE video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
My hope is that the fight system works a little in the WoW way (Rock-Paper-Scissors Abilities and ETC), I don't want just to have to right click on some mobs and watch them die. Same with vehicles.

Last edited:

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Found an easter egg:

If you move your cursor in-between the two icons on the main menu screen, and then move it upwards, theres a hidden button named "View Galaxy"

Click it, and then you can grab and spin the galaxy with your mouse - Try to spin it as fast as you can!

EDIT: Well, okay, a quick google search reveals it's already been found :(

But it's still funny.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
You can spin it by clicking anywhere, all that "secret" button does is remove the two normal buttons. I imagine in the full gmae there will simply be more buttons within the galaxy that will all be sub categories or so.

The animation of teh galaxy spinning is pretty dire though, I was of the opinion they left it in by accident because it's really rather messy looking.

I still can't get over how "cute" they had to make this game look, but I guess that's a bad excuse to pass up the uniqueness of it.

My concern is that, like the Sims, since it's big Willy Wright, they might end up releasing numerous little expansions for the game each of which are gonna' run you 30 bucks to get some extra parts and pieces to play with. I mean they sort of already did it with the Creature Creator. Something like that to get people hyped should be free for 100% of the parts (I mean all you can do is build and then walk around a small pen) yet they're gonna' squeeze 10 bucks out of you to hold you over before you pay another 60 for the game itself :hmm:

As mentioned before however the price of the creature creator is deducted from the full game if you buy it, so, essentially it IS free.

As for the being cute thing, I don't think there could be much avoiding that. We're creating creatures from scratch using tools that need to be easy to use. We're essentially playing with play-dough when we're sculpting the body shape and quite often it comes across as thus. I think if the creatures could come across as vicous or nasty without keeping the good natured humour to them then it'd be stylising the game too much.

Also i think you can get away from the cute looks sometimes with a bit of work anyway.

Last edited:

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
help me, I can't stop making cuteness. :p

Look at his little hat!

500003053179_lrg.png

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
As for the being cute thing, I don't think there could be much avoiding that. We're creating creatures from scratch using tools that need to be easy to use. We're essentially playing with play-dough when we're sculpting the body shape and quite often it comes across as thus. I think if the creatures could come across as vicous or nasty without keeping the good natured humour to them then it'd be stylising the game too much.

This is true but they could have opted for realism in the face of cutesy. It's just a personal thing, like I was saying though this is probably a bad excuse to pass up such a unique experience.

As mentioned before however the price of the creature creator is deducted from the full game if you buy it, so, essentially it IS free.

Oh. Well. Sh*t. Guess I should read the fine print, I take that back.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Is that some sort of rebate offer, or can you only get the discount if you buy Spore from EA's store?

T2A`

I'm dead.
Jan 10, 2004
Richmond, VA
Probably the latter. But I'll gladly pay $10 extra to avoid the EADM. If I'd known I'd have to use that thing I wouldn't have downloaded Creature Creator. D:

Flak

May 26, 2004
LOL! Poor them :p

You know the cat with the lime on his head? I worked with a woman who looks like him lol.

Flak

May 26, 2004
Wow on the human!!

Kath, those rock. I hate that your artistic skills carry over to spore. Suck at something, would ya?

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Damn it Kanth you're making me start the Spore Creature Creator again just to save your stuff...
Now I'll spend a few hours in it trying to make something that looks as good too... :/

EDIT: Well, I did pass some time and here's what I came up with:
Also, I forgot to talk about my butterfly, so here it is too.

EDIT2: A large carnivorous mantis has appeared! What is your next move?

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Nice, got them both imported. ;)

I've remade the creatures shown here and here, check them out :)

EDIT: Also, your Fibore has inspired me a lot, and here is the evolution I propose :p

Last edited: