SPORE video

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
By the way, I really want to know if there will be a validation system in. I don't want to end up having **** tons of penis creatures shared in my game.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Like you explore a planet and Oh! A penis buildings with **** tons of lasers coming right at me! It's like the 5th today! I'll just walk away and report them to EA!

They have to get a validation system, but I doubt that it'll be possible without a lot of staff (including trustful community members) to verify every creatures - You go in, or you don't.

And everyone trying to share penis creature would get a warning, second time a IP and account ban. :tup:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
penis creature

4h9vmf.jpg

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Like you explore a planet and Oh! A penis buildings with **** tons of lasers coming right at me! It's like the 5th today! I'll just walk away and report them to EA!

They have to get a validation system, but I doubt that it'll be possible without a lot of staff (including trustful community members) to verify every creatures - You go in, or you don't.

And everyone trying to share penis creature would get a warning, second time a IP and account ban. :tup:

In the SporePedia you can select creatures and ban them from your game.

So I imagine if you come across giant peno-men with phallic monoliths you can just ban them from your game and they won't appear again.

Or set filters somehow. Or Maxis removes them from the download list, who knows. Since the game will probably have a low rating.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
My guess is that EA will randomly sample from the giant pool of user-created creatures and approve a set to be randomly inserted in other's games.

That way you also won't see low-quality creatures that some kid whipped up in 10 seconds, nor will EA need a huge staff to approve all shared creatures.

Last edited:

Matfei

[:«]Ω[»:]:Mױפקזג:]:
Apr 22, 2008
Behind the Great Australian Firewall
Wikipedia said:
The content that the player can create will be uploaded automatically to a central database (or a peer-to-peer system), cataloged and rated for quality (based on how many users have downloaded the object or creature in question), and then re-distributed to populate other players' games.

So the more downloads the higher on the list it'll be to get distributed. Player voting sort of thing.

anaemic said:
the human race loves phallic monoliths....

Not other peoples'...

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
The objective was to make a really tiny but evolution-ready creature :D
I present to you, the Skya (Yes, that name was randomly generated, but it's small and sounds cool, so it kinda sticks to the creature :p)

Link to video

Download link is in video description, and the thumbnail shows all the actual detail since the creature is really tiny ;)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Lol Kanth is trying to find MS_Sam in Spore xD
You click so much :p

EDIT: Hehe, found out a funny thing while trying to click frantically like you, expect a video response soon :D

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
From what I recall the planets are populated which creatures of a similar style as yours and the game will prioritise the creatures of your friends if you want.

You can also pick and choose what creatures populate your worlds and/or where they're sourced from, so you shouldn't worry so much, your not going to be bombarded by penis monsters.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
These are great guys! I'm having a blast. :p

This didn't turn out how I wanted. He looks good in the editor but once you go to paint him his feathers get shaded.

500001947032_lrg.png

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Here are a few of the creatures I've done recently :)

Fireweed
Snapper
Zap Bird
Rain Hawk

All of them are remakes of the same creatures from Dragon Warrior Monsters/Dragon Quest ;) The originals are the pictures attached below.

And as of right now there are 636 121 creatures uploaded.

Last edited:

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
I tried that. He didn't like it :D

Also the mouthes won't open when he will bite (Well they will, but they are hidden in hands so you don't see it). He will also make two animal sounds o.o Crossbreeding?

Spore.com under maintenance... :mad:

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
I'm still trying to figure out if I'd want to play this game or not once it's released.

The only "god" type game I've ever played was Black and White uno y dos, both of which I liked, but were fairly simple.

SPORE's concept is really cool I must say. I like how it's open-ended and gets very deep as you progress with each stage incorporating several different styles of gameplay; multi-genre. And the fact that it's Will Wright has got to mean good news, despite my concerns about how it will actually play once in the community's hands.

Basically, I'm worried that I'll either love it and lose a few months of my life to it or hate it for the same reason (time consumption). I've been reading that to put in even the minimal amount of time in each stage, using the editor very sparingly, it could take at least 10-15 hours of play to complete a phase.
But then they say some stages could be skipped entirely if one so wishes.

Seems like a coinflip. I've dabbled with the creature editor a little but I can't say that its made me super excited or anything. If anything I guess I shouldn't pass this title up, regardless of how it turns out it appears to be one of the most unique games to come along in quite some time.

Indecisive is I.