1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Manticore, Jan 19, 2008.

1. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I really dislike perfect scores, because I am of the opinion that a work of art can't be perfect, having said that 10/10 sounds about right :D .
    The movie recieved bad press from the PC-LGBTI-AOC-NewYorkTimes crowd, the guys who keep pretending that movies like Cpt. Marvel, Ghostbusters all cunts edition, Black Panther, I am missing probably alot of other stinkers, are great because of diversity. They tried ruining our nerd culture to further their agenda and they were so afraid of this movie that I was almost shocked to see that this movie was this great.
    Great cast, great soundtrack, great camerawork, Phoenix' performance oscarworthy(if they have the balls).
    and the cherry on top, it's been ages since I read batman comics but I think the ending is akin to A killing joke, where we get Jokers origin story as told by the Joker which might or might not be true. I felt the last scene implied that the movie we saw was a retelling in front of a shrink so that the movie itself shouldn't be taken as canon but possibly just drivel spilled forth by a madmen.

2. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Hell yes.

Joker-10/10

Joker was absolutely brilliant.

I found it to be one of those films that is so engrossing that, when you leave the cinema, you feel like you have walked into a parallel universe.

This flick reminded me of Taxi Driver (and not because De Niro co-stars); the breakdown of society (in Taxi Driver it was moral codes) as it plays off against an individual's breakdown.

The music was ominous and really helped the emotional vibe. The story was ominous because it's the Joker and we already know how the story ends.

I'm not a Phoenix fan but I thought the guy went above and beyond in this role.

Yes; brilliant film-making.

3. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

OK, so I'll have to see Joker soon. I know someone else that said is was awesome also.

Event Horizon-8/10

Just because it's one of the scariest horror movies I've ever seen and I usually watch it every Halloween. Sure it's a little campy and maybe predictable, but it's still good.

4. cUnNiNg_StUnTs

cUnNiNg_StUnTs Member

Glass - 7 / 10

5. cUnNiNg_StUnTs

cUnNiNg_StUnTs Member

Terminator: Dark Fate 9/10

6. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

Mortal Engines - 5/10

Only watched bits of this over the last few evenings and whilst I loved the idea of it all. It just wasn't well cast or directed.

Now to see if the wife ends up getting the books

7. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Ford vs. Ferrari-10/10

As a fan of motorsport I can't help but give this a 10. It was compelling and engrossing and a great tribute to that particular piece of motorsport history.

8. cUnNiNg_StUnTs

cUnNiNg_StUnTs Member

glad to hear that can't wait to see Ford vs. Ferrari

9. cUnNiNg_StUnTs

cUnNiNg_StUnTs Member

glad to hear that can't wait to see Ford vs. Ferrari