Rate the Last Movie You Watched

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Manticore

Official BUF Angel of Death (also Birthdays)
Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Optimum Trajectory-Circus of Values
Ad Astra-7/10

I would have given this movie less except I think it's possibly the best acting Brad Pitt has ever done.

The low score would be because, basically, the story has extremely weak subtext leaving the audience wondering what was the point of the story.

The film leans heavily on Chris Nolan's Interstellar and the Sandra Bullock film Gravity and both of those films lean heavily on Tarkovsky's original Solaris.

Not a bad film but not a great story; in my opinion.

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
Joker - 10/10

I really dislike perfect scores, because I am of the opinion that a work of art can't be perfect, having said that 10/10 sounds about right :D .
The movie recieved bad press from the PC-LGBTI-AOC-NewYorkTimes crowd, the guys who keep pretending that movies like Cpt. Marvel, Ghostbusters all cunts edition, Black Panther, I am missing probably alot of other stinkers, are great because of diversity. They tried ruining our nerd culture to further their agenda and they were so afraid of this movie that I was almost shocked to see that this movie was this great.
Great cast, great soundtrack, great camerawork, Phoenix' performance oscarworthy(if they have the balls).
and the cherry on top, it's been ages since I read batman comics but I think the ending is akin to A killing joke, where we get Jokers origin story as told by the Joker which might or might not be true. I felt the last scene implied that the movie we saw was a retelling in front of a shrink so that the movie itself shouldn't be taken as canon but possibly just drivel spilled forth by a madmen.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Joker - 10/10
Hell yes.

Joker-10/10

Joker was absolutely brilliant.

I found it to be one of those films that is so engrossing that, when you leave the cinema, you feel like you have walked into a parallel universe.

This flick reminded me of Taxi Driver (and not because De Niro co-stars); the breakdown of society (in Taxi Driver it was moral codes) as it plays off against an individual's breakdown.

The music was ominous and really helped the emotional vibe. The story was ominous because it's the Joker and we already know how the story ends.

I'm not a Phoenix fan but I thought the guy went above and beyond in this role.

Yes; brilliant film-making.

SkaarjMaster

enemy of time
Sep 1, 2000
Sarasota, FL
OK, so I'll have to see Joker soon. I know someone else that said is was awesome also.

Event Horizon-8/10

Just because it's one of the scariest horror movies I've ever seen and I usually watch it every Halloween. Sure it's a little campy and maybe predictable, but it's still good.

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Cirque du Soleil Presents: Allegria-3/10

There are two versions of Allegria on DVD. The original circus show DVD which is just that; the show from beginning to end. And there's this version which is a feature film narrative based on the theme of that show.

I prefer the original Allegria. When I watch circus I prefer to see these talented performers do their whole bit. This feature film version cuts up the performances and you don't get a full bits from any act.

Also the original Allegria circus show was quite clown-heavy and this feature film is much the same; a lot of clowns.

The show must go on....

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Star Wars Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker 6/10

This film has basically been 42 years in the making. I suppose it's an ending although now that Disney has gotten Star Wars the franchise will go on forever.

In my opinion JJ Abrams is not a great director and has never had one original idea.

Rey's character was over-acted in places and, despite not really liking Kylo Ren's character in episodes VII and VII, I think he carried this film.The character played by Dominic Monaghan was totally worthless to the plot and superfluous.

Some bit were predictable and then there were some less predictable twists. At least Abrams didn't do what he usually does which is use too much lens flare which becomes distracting and annoying after he while.

May the something something be with something something....

Last edited:

Manticore

Staff member
Nov 5, 2003
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)-6/10

Don't expect another Joker. It's a Suicide Squad spin-off and acts like one.

I thought all the actors carried their parts well. It's a comic book.....

Last edited: