1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Rate the Last Movie You Watched

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Manticore, Jan 19, 2008.

1. cUnNiNg_StUnTs

cUnNiNg_StUnTs Member

Extraction 10/10

2. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

I've been watching many mystery science theater episodes. They've kept me busy and entertained during the lockdown. I've also watched their live show a couple of weeks ago where they riffed an old episode. Moon zero two.. I liked it. Good stuff. I want more.

My favourite episode is time chasers. It's just magic every time I watch it. Pure magic.

3. Hunter

Hunter BeyondUnreal Newsie

Alita: Battle Angel - 6/10

I've never read the Manga or knew of it until after.

I thought it was a good movie. I just found myself very disappointed in that it spent the entire movie building up to an event that was never going to happen in it maybe for the sake of getting a sequel and nothing more?

There was lots of back story brushed over that I felt could have been explored more and there were many sudden choices made by characters that felt out of place.

4. Manticore

Manticore Official BUF Birthday Spammer

Jodorowsky's Dune-10/10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jodorowsky's_Dune

As a fan of the book(s) and horrified by Lynch's failed attempt at the film story, and with a new movie version expected soon I found this movie fascinating.

As confronting as Jodorowsky's movies are I've always had time for this guy's work. An engaging insight into Jodorowsky and how the Hollywood machine can kill a good idea.

Balton likes this.
  5. Manticore

Tenet-8/10

Yes I went to the cinemas. They are open her with COVID restrictions.

I'm a big fan of Nolan's films. This is a highly complex film story that owes more to Inception than to Interstellar.

It's a film that probably requires a few viewings to really get everything out of. Extremely complex but engrossing.

6. Manticore

X-Men: Last Stand-7/10

X-Men spectacular. Hugh Jackman was always good as Wolverine.

The Fifth Element-10/10

This was always a brilliantly unique science-fiction film. Always worth revisiting.

7. Manticore

G.I. Joe:Retaliation-5/10

Heavy on the big action. Light on script and plot (most of which was borrowed from old James Bond movies).

Quantum of Solace-7/10

Not a bad James Bond film. Daniel Craig is one of the better James Bonds. Interesting to see this flick again and the pacing and timing between plot exposition and action sequences and car or boat chases.

R.I.P Sean Connery the original was still the best.

Starsky and Hutch-6/10

Ridiculous but fun. Great car. Ben Stiller's finest moment is still Tropic Thunder (my opinion).

8. Manticore

2 Guns-7/10

Enjoyable enough heist/action flick. The plot, again, is a reboot of a number of other movies but worth a look.

9. Manticore

Cirque du Soleil:: All Together Now-?/10

Very interesting. Paul, Ringo and George Martin get a lot of screen time in this.

10. Manticore

Arrival-7/10

Saw it when it first came out at the cinema. A second viewing was o.k..... intriguing.

11. Manticore

Apollo 11-10/10

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apollo_11_(2019_film)

Totally captivating. The archival remastered footage was magnificent.