UTXMP FAQ

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JaFO

bugs are features too ...
Nov 5, 2000
RaptoR said:
Bots: eventually, probably not until after the first public release though ...
What's so difficult about adding bot-support in the first release ??

The ONS and Assault in UT2k4 seem to cover anything that needs to be done by bots for XMP to work, except for the use of deployable items.

dutch_gecko

Think Pink
Jun 16, 2004
www.dutch-gecko.co.uk
Have you ever seen the ONS bots? I remember the demo, one actually spawned and started trying to climb a hill that was simply too steep. They never go for alternate points, and dont seem to have an inckling of reparing anythin other than the node (or whatever they were called). Bots in XMP would have a hard time too. Think of sprint-dodge-jump in Alcazar. They could never do that.

zombiewoof

Rokk Fiddler, Farmer
Oct 2, 2003
Oaksterdam, California
Visit site
Yea bots are dumb. THat's what AI scripts are for. They have to be written specifically written for specific things, events in each map where pathnodes(the go here and see the next pathnode or other preset thing to do) just aren't enough (not that I know how to do this-yet but ntl I get the idea). I can see how the whole bot setup would have to be altered as there are more variables to this gametype. I've been making ons maps for testing as xmp till we get the mod, and I must say that the whole bot pathing thing is a BIG PAIN IN THE ASS. I am starting to see how guys use the AI scripts so that bots aren't so stupid. I have a feel ing that when bot suppot is out for this game we will see a many more AI scripts in the 3d window in our editors than in the other gametypes.

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
zombiewoof said:
Ah. nice prog. Edits the bots themselves and their attributes. Cool. Doesn't do scripting or pathing though. Oh well back to the mind numbing wiki and udn.

actually, i can do bot programming, given time, but i just think that it would be too much for hte server to handle right now... common think of the people who are running on servers barely able to run ut2k4( P3 1 ghz, with 512 mb of ram), bots will just kill it... but then again a single player offline bots i think would be cool :D

Dandeloreon1984

CXP Director
Jan 31, 2004
zombiewoof said:
As a single player yes. Also we can test them without uploading to a server.

no, i am saying make the bots of xmp single player only ;) because that will be how some people can practice only, like those on dail up.

W0RF

BuF Greeter, News Bagger
Apr 19, 2002
Columbus, OH
Visit site
I think Raptor should make a sticky thread titled "Release Date Information"

The post will say "No announcements yet. WE'LL TELL YOU WHEN IT'S COMING OUT"

Lock the thread. Edit as necessary.

Go-Bot

Shadow Leadership
Jan 23, 2004
over there somewhere
\/\/0RF said:
I think Raptor should make a sticky thread titled "Release Date Information"

The post will say "No announcements yet. WE'LL TELL YOU WHEN IT'S COMING OUT"

Lock the thread. Edit as necessary.
yea thats a good idea .. becuase everyone seems to think something diff ,, this way somone can come and see "for sure" when the release date is and this would be the only one i would believe :D

kompressor

Oct 8, 2004
hi, im new so bare with my obviously dumb questions...

1. Is it class based or a free for all?

2. what game modes are planned?
(ie deathmatch, team deathmatch, ONS, ctf, cow level, etc...)

~k is for kompressor
kompressormusic.com

Kaio

Apr 5, 2004
flack ho said:
it takes 2 rocket headshots to kill a tech
and in real life a rocket to the head would blow it off
assault rifle alt fire can do some damage 1 headsot on ranger = dead ranger

1 Headshot with the Rifle = instant death

How bout fixing that? ;P

Seriously, keep the weapon balance, it works fine.

[_X_]CaptInsano

Sep 14, 2004
Houston. Tx
Last I saw, a headshot w/ just about any weapon will kill. I've seen headshots w/ grenades kill in one shot, and I have definately taken several one shot kills from the gunner rockets! Maybe you just thought you had a headshot. Big difference between a headshot and a grazing shot, but you can't tell until they drop, and if they didn't drop you missed...