Stinger sucks, bring back the Minigun

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Nov 17, 2002
London 1905
Visit site
If you've played Halo you'll know that the seeking needler shards can be dodged.

No it doesn't encourage spam seeing as the heat up to uber speed takes a good 3-4 seconds of pure shooting.

It eats through your ammo supply and is really only usefull against multiple targets.

Makes no sense they say they're trying to get back to UT style play, the MINI-GUN is a huge part of that, this is UT not Unreal. I hope this is just a rumor because not having the MINI would suck.

if this is a poll then add another vote for having the MINI in game.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
cUnNiNg_StUnTs said:
Makes no sense they say they're trying to get back to UT style play, the MINI-GUN is a huge part of that, this is UT not Unreal. I hope this is just a rumor because not having the MINI would suck.

if this is a poll then add another vote for having the MINI in game.

Well, the Stinger is a kind of minigun. It have a primary fire which is the same or even better and a secondary that is very special instead of slow rate useless bullets. Minigun as it is right now, is just really lame as is the shock rifle.

Lauren

Powered By ZΛLMΛN
Apr 25, 2005
DM_Rankin
I like the stinger its got combo's to with seeking needles and just a normal fire set when you got loads of ammo and you hold the button down it will spin faster and faster and thats very very cool done in UC2 so expect that in UT2k7 to

krjal

Minotaur
May 10, 2005
Australia
You can't complain about spammy flag runs and say that the mini's better than the stinger. They're both exactly the same spammyness just the stinger has a diff secondary mode.

edhe

..dadhe..
Jun 12, 2000
Scotland
www.clanci.net
krjal said:
You can't complain about spammy flag runs and say that the mini's better than the stinger. They're both exactly the same spammyness just the stinger has a diff secondary mode.
I would be extremely interested in where i said the mini was better than the stinger.

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
BooGiTyBoY said:
It just kills me you guys are all arguing over wether the minigun is better or not than a gun that hasn't even been made yet... (the new 2k7 version I mean)
:lol:

lolll, yeah but by the way, we can say that the gun already "exist" since its the one from Unreal Championaship 2.

Unreality

Apr 20, 2005
Kriegs-Maschine said:
lolll, yeah but by the way, we can say that the gun already "exist" since its the one from Unreal Championaship 2.

for all we know they could make it totally different from that one :p

Kriegs-Maschine

May 9, 2005
Pulse Canon ??? Was it the Link he is referring to?
Ah and if any doesnt know... Shield Gun will be replaced byt he hammer! So no more stupid chicken cowards running away when you attempt close fights. :D

-AEnubis-

fps greater than star
Dec 7, 2000
The Nicest Parts of Hell
Crystal shards, not energy shards.

Depending on how they handle the sniper rifle, this is shaping up to the the best Unreal weapon set I've seen. IH is back, no mini with a beefed up stinger equivalent, still has Shock/Rox/Flak (prolly never change), still has Pulse/Link equivalent. I have a feeling the canister will simply be whatever weapon is appropriate to the map, with a method to handle different kinds of ammo, so well pobably still have mostly functional Bio (just pray it's more like UT bio)...

It's gonna be awesome...