1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Stinger sucks, bring back the Minigun

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by Gnam, Apr 29, 2005.

1. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

2. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

You pissed me off. It's your fault. Scottie

3. carmatic

carmatic New Member

uhh calm down, guys
    this is no place for anti scottish flame wars

4. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

My god, i'm fearing the wrath of the scared little monster. Pray tell me how you could get pissed off at a forum post? Especially if you're *not* a noob. And if you're not a noob, how come you haven't been at all involved in the biggest Unreal Community site on the 'net 'till so recently?

Your apparently childish attitude has no place here, not simply on my behalf, but on behalf of the moderators. Please please do try to have a (psuedo-racist) go at me, you'll lose and most assuredly be banned in the process :)

5. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

I've just now joined this site because I'd rather spend my free time playing the games rather than discussing them.

Last edited: May 26, 2005
  6. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

:lol:

Sir yes Sir! Going to stamp your foot and run off to your room? Good boy.

NB.
    Or something similar..

7. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

^^ Quoted for truth.

It requires no skill to use, point and aim.... hmmmm challenging. Maybe if you are playing on a joystick.....
    Spamming with a redeemer takes more skill (probs :p)

Stinger > Minigun

How can many of you say that the stinger sucks it is the same as a godamned minigun with an EXTRA fire mode.....
    And if you point out that it only had one speed mode you'll shoot yourself in the foot. Apparantly no-one uses the alt fire....

Maybe it is just because it is not called a Minigun, bit like people complaining about the Link Gun.....

/end rant

8. Nereid

Nereid ・ ω ・

As long as the stinger is hitscan, I'm good with that. :) If it's not, the projectiles better be pretty damn fast.

9. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

aenubis should realise miniguns just rock!
    especially the one in the film the terminator 2 inside the building siege deally!

10. Monster Kill

Monster Kill New Member

Listen. EDHE. I'm sick of arguing. Stop flaming me and I'll stop flaming you. THis is probably turning people off of this thread. (Plus, I don't want to get booted. :))

11. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

It is most of the time, though the secondary fire mode come in really handy up close. Course, you'll have to get real close first :D

Bleh, ok it isn't all that in deathmatch, I suppose. Otherwise, no complaints really.

Though I'll always prefer a minigun.

12. The_Head

The_Head JB Mapper

Agreed - In a Film

In games they suck

13. carmatic

carmatic New Member

the real skill should be you consistently knowing where the guy your trying to hit is going to go next, and if you got it wrong you quickly try to guess again where he's going to go
    like you know how fast tank shells go?i think thats a good speed for the projectile to go... effectively hitscan at close ranges, and at longer ranges you need a steady hand and a good mind

like not only do you need to know where your target is going to be, you also need to be able to point exactly there, which is harder than just pointing straight at your enemy alone

14. edhe

edhe ..dadhe..

Exactly, now that's skill.

15. carmatic

carmatic New Member

it should also give off that distinctive blue light that the tarydium shards give, but it should be alot brighter cuz this isnt unreal 1 anymore and everyone can see where the 'tracer' effects are coming from and its a bright flash whereever the shards hit

for the secondary fire mode, i think they should borrow from the assault rifle from unreal 2, like a compacted ball of shards that explode on impact, travelling slower than the normal shards... and they are also given the opposite energy of the normal shards! so if you manage to shoot a tarydium ball with a tarydium shard, it releases magical energy! and it begins a process where tarydium sludge is generated , and we all know the tarydium sludge is the ammo for the goop gun so it must be good!

16. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Minigun, shminigun. It has it's uses, but in real life, it I were to do something with a fire arm, I would do it as efficiently as possible, and as messless as possible. Miniguns are neither of those things, and also require some sort of mounting to use.

Rifles would prolly be the way I'd go. Or silence pistols. Very Bond like if I had to make a comparison.

Yes, very fast moving projectiles. Play Tribes Vengeance. Pick up the chain gun. Understand it before you bash it.

17. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

No projectiles!

18. FireCrack

FireCrack New Member

Realy, i like projectiles instead of hitscan weapons as an idea, but the common engamement ranges for the minigun are such that they would make a difference neglible and realy just be an impact on the netcode.

But i'd realy like to see the tracers not go so slow, the tracers shoud move much faster.

19. carmatic

carmatic New Member

well if they moved much faster, they would look like shock beams or something, which is what the minigun bullets really behave as right now... if it was a projectile weapon then the tracer effect will suit the weapon perfectly
    for the netcode, maybe they make the projectiles reside entirely at the client side, with the server checking the shots for consistency and sending out information to other players... at the ranges at which the projectiles can traverse within the minimum time covered by the netcode, the weapon behaves as hitscan for other people, and only when it has been long enough for the netcode to allow further movement to be considered, that the projectile nature of the weapon will show...

20. NeoNite

NeoNite Worst hack fraud ever

What does real life have to do with a game called unreal tournament......2007?