SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I have not heard the "Prepare for Battle" for a long time.
If you can find exactly what the sound is called in UnrealED I can do a search through the code to see what calls that sound.

Regarding user different colors, it can only be clientside and that would cause a hassle also.
Problem with all these color type options if some puts a color that does not exist, the game crashes and it's all the coders fault.
Been there many times, that is why I don't like make things configurable as 90% of players don't have a clue how to configure.

Regarding 0 rated stats ? what do you mean by that and no its way too late to removing things incase someone is playing this or playing that.
The scoreboard is a dumb thing, it does not have a clue what game is currently playing, everything is to be sent to it from the server and that's where the problem lies.

Regarding the clashing of mods, yes this was a big issue back in 2000, many programmers do not pass the routine onto the next mod, thus hog the routine for themselves and to hell with the next mod in the list.

I've already recompile the release version of 104 and will make a public release soon as it stands, it works great so lets not screw it up with more changes.
The only extra thing I've done is change the coloring of the word Bot below the little green man.
In team games it's Red or Blue and in DM it's Blue like everything else, looks more like part of the scene.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
I have not heard the "Prepare for Battle" for a long time.
If you can find exactly what the sound is called in UnrealED I can do a search through the code to see what calls that sound.

you know what.. i can't for the life of me find it lol.. Iam sure that it used to say Prepare for battle , then 3,2,1.. Perhaps search for the sounds for number's and that will bring it up?.. idk

Regarding user different colors, it can only be clientside and that would cause a hassle also.
Problem with all these color type options if some puts a color that does not exist, the game crashes and it's all the coders fault.
Been there many times, that is why I don't like make things configurable as 90% of players don't have a clue how to configure.
^ not at all its our faults and if the server crashes it usually denotes that we have made a mistake. also if you code it so that only a valid range works for RGB ie Min/Max (0-255) for each then I don't see a problem..

The other side of coding.. securing / limiting player / admin input. to what is valid. Very important.

Regarding 0 rated stats ? what do you mean by that and no its way too late to removing things incase someone is playing this or playing that.
The scoreboard is a dumb thing, it does not have a clue what game is currently playing, everything is to be sent to it from the server and that's where the problem lies.
^ that's why .. I say hide them from showing if <1 or 0 values.. which means that they will not show on the board if nothing is scored.

I've already recompile the release version of 104 and will make a public release soon as it stands, it works great so lets not screw it up with more changes.
The only extra thing I've done is change the coloring of the word Bot below the little green man.
In team games it's Red or Blue and in DM it's Blue like everything else, looks more like part of the scene.

I have an idea later for stats.. just make a new scoreboard which is opened via f2 or f3

like the Current scoreboard .. only designed and laid out in such a fashion that it can display the Top Players
collective stats and all relevant info for the top players / Matches etc. .. so instead of .. the slide in one.. we could have a Scoreboard bound to [fx] or what ever other [f] key we decide.
also if we do it row based , column based.. then we could have show/hide.. of more stats or even lol go so far as have OMG .. Multiple stats windows.. with a [more] at the bottom and a mouse cursor.. interactive scoreboard.. type thing. soz way off now.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ahh yes!! now the stats thing.. is awesome.. on the left.. can we have an option for bAlwaysOnTop=True in the Menu?

then when you die you don't need to manually reopen it.
aaaaand.. if possible have bWeaponsShow=False

which would allow the bottom info to be replaced by the weapons from main HUD lawls

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
also with the scoreboard menu perhaps a setting which detects if the player has used it before..
clientsideSDM.ini > if tSetBind==0 && playerVersion > currentVersion then displayOnJoin SmartDM bindMenuItem.

in the menu under perhaps a !bind [tab] you could have all the options from the scoreboard to be set to what ever key player decides.. however first detect the current bind (copy it) then concatenate . "| mutate newBindHere " and saving it back to client's user.ini (if writable) check for this and provide appropriate error perhaps (no biggy)

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
being able to bind various stats and stuff to keys (if the player wants) can greatly assist in marketing 'Getting it out there' and stuff.. people/ Players naturally will want to explore the interface if provided with it on connection.

another thing which is annoying to a player is that onConnect there should be an option which holds the newly connected player in ghost mode.. (not actually joined yet) whilst they are in the board.. this setting could be ..

bGhostOnConnect=True

also for People typing , detect if chat_console/map_vote/menu is up ie' 't' ~ say menu. and;

bTypeKill=False

which could put a halo around the player and indicate that they are in the menu lawls.. as soon as player exits the menu / stats then it would return them to normal :) kind like feign death mode.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
The "Prepare for Battle" is used for bTournament=True games, ie, Clan Matches :)

Been testing 104 on my server and all looks good.
Will probably release tomorrow ;)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
sorry mate .. lol

another feature request ffs.

what do you think about adding the ability for players to add bots and levels of difficulty?

to if a player is by themselves through SmartDM they can add/remove bots to/from the game through maybe a separate window.. !bots
or mutate smartdm bots menu

in the window they can select up limit in smartdm.ini

bBotLimit=20
bDefaultDificulty=1
bVoteLimit=51%

Add bots [x] (1-bBotLimit)
set difficulty [x] (1-7)

if RealPlayer% >= bVoteLimit then
popupVote on other players screens with settings.
[yes] / [no]
[yes] make changes / add bots and difficulties. [for round]
[no] cancelVote

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
removed from your server?..

*no scoreboard at all & only RA remains.

anyways main thing for your public release.

show smartDm menu on joining server / starting match by Default via .ini ; bShowMenuOnJoin=true
check for bind and/or append bind to 'p' key existing_bind | mutate smartdm menu

or.. f3.. third press opens menu :)

f3 = switch_default_board | open smartDM menu :)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
The "Prepare for Battle" is used for bTournament=True games, ie, Clan Matches :)

Been testing 104 on my server and all looks good.
Will probably release tomorrow ;)

is there some way to bring that through to SmartDM Games As Well ..?
bGameStartMessages=True

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
be jkean to ttest the beta on our server before full release.. at least for a day
to see if there are any bugs.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
OK.. some feedback from 103E finally ..

and also later versions.. unfortunately the board does not cater for 640x480,800x600,1024x768
and most professional players who use these native resolutions they don't see any smart board. :\

this is a problem.. so before release we need to think of some way to have some kind of board for these resolutions.. this is also the reason why i don;t use mapvotela13V2 because the coder Gopostal/Kelly figured that everyone should have moved up in resolution by now.. however .. PRO players use these resolutions for several reasons and that is why they are so good as well as using older computers.. which play UT beautifully for them.

I think that there needs to be someway to make a board which centers on the screens and displays the stats for these resolutions .. also due to the smaller res .. the info can be spread outwards more to fit more entries on for these players.

however upto you.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
consider also that some people don't even change the screen res which is 640x480 by default.. and just go straight into servers right out-of-the-box lol.only other thing I can think of is displayign a message to players whose screen res <1024 that they need to increase their res :\ in order to see SmartDm Board.. which effectively makes it seem not so Smart imo.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
just so you know I didn't just make this all up lol;

||sT||slash- said:
back4more said:
||sT||slash- said:
Heey friend! wasup! i need a little help, i try to install the SmartDM103E but, i cant, this are my configs.ini

Mapvote:

CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.TeamGamePlus",NewPrefix="TDM",Mutators="SmartDM103E.SmartDM,Botpack.NoRedeemer,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,antitweakV52.Antitweak",Settings="InitialBots=0,Timelimit=15,Maxplayers=16,MaxSpectators=10,bMultiWeaponStay=True,bTournament=False,bUseTranslocator=False,AirControl=0.350000,GameSpeed=1.000000,GoalTeamScore=0.000000,FriendlyFireScale=1,FragLimit=0")
CustomGameConfig[2]=(bEnabled=True,GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="DM",Mutators="SmartDM103E.SmartDM,Botpack.NoRedeemer,WhoPushedMe.WhoPushedMe,antitweakV52.Antitweak",Settings="InitialBots=0,Timelimit=10,Maxplayers=16,MaxSpectators=10,bMultiWeaponStay=True,bTournament=False,bUseTranslocator=False,AirControl=0.350000,GameSpeed=1.000000,GoalTeamScore=0.000000,FriendlyFireScale=1,FragLimit=0")

UT.ini

ServerPackages=SmartDM103E
ServerPackages=SmartDMScoreBoard103E

SmartDM.ini

[SmartDM103E.SmartDM]
bEnabled=True
ScoreBoardType=SmartDMScoreBoard103E.SmartDMScoreBoard
CountryFlagsPackage=CountryFlags2
bEnhancedMultiKill=False
EnhancedMultiKillBroadcast=2
bSmartDMServerInfo=True
bSpawnkillDetection=True
SpawnKillTimeArena=1.000000
SpawnKillTimeNW=3.500000
bNewFragSystem=True
bAfterGodLikeMsg=True
bStatsDrawDMFaces=True
bStatsDrawTDMFaces=True
bDrawLogo=True
bSDMSbDef=True
bShowSpecs=True
bDoKeybind=True
bExtraMsg=True
SbDelay=5.000000
MsgDelay=3.000000
bExcludeBotsInStats=False
bShowLongRangeMsg=True
bShowSpawnKillerGlobalMsg=True
bPlay30SecSound=True
GameInfo[0]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[1]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[2]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[3]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[4]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[5]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[6]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[7]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[8]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")
GameInfo[9]=(GameClass="",GameName="",Color="")

idk what im doing wrong :/ in server loads the SplashLogo but the scoreboard no work, plz help.

check that your screen resolution is higher then 1024 I think

or about 1024x768

Yeah, thats the problem lol, but thats a really big problem, some players play with a low resolution :/ another question what version is this when wises show the smarts SB thats a dieferent version tehn 103E i like more the wises sb where i can dowload? I want to register HS with nw and the alternative TDM SB, thanks for all

Www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4998

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
OK.. some feedback from 103E finally ..

and also later versions.. unfortunately the board does not cater for 640x480,800x600,1024x768
and most professional players who use these native resolutions they don't see any smart board. :\

this is a problem.. so before release we need to think of some way to have some kind of board for these resolutions..

What the hell are you guys smoking!
You need new graphic cards or something.
Since the beginning all I have been working with is 1280x800, 1024x768 and 800x600
It is 1000% compatible with these 3 resolutions.

640 x 480 the fonts are not small enough, that you will have to take up with Epic Games.
As it is SmartDM0905 can only fit 6 players in 640x480 which makes it kinda useless anyways.

Pic1 is 1024x768 standard.
Pic2 is 1024x768 slimline.

Pic3 is 800x600 standard.
Pic4 is 800x600 slimline.

ut1024a.jpg

ut1024b.jpg

ut800a.jpg

ut800b.jpg

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Also I'm not in anyway interested in other mods starting SmartDM104 like Mapvote for instance.

If SmartDM works by being the only mutator on the server then the other mods have a problem.

Server Startup Commandline:
Code:
UCC server DM-Deck16][.unr?Game=Botpack.DeathMatchPlus?Mutator=SmartDM103E.SmartDM

If that works then the admin has a problem with other mods and don't come blame SmartDM.

When a admin has a problem, just change the version from 103E to 0905 and see what happens.

I'll see if I can do something in 640x480 but the rest works 100%

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I'll leave 103y running on my server for the next 8 hours or so.
103y is identical to 104.

It works perfectly so if any other admin cannot get it to work he/she has a problem , not SmartDM

Password is smartdm

Oh! btw, this is my entry in MapVoteLA:

Code:
CustomGameConfig[0]=(bEnabled=True,DefaultMap="DM-Liandri.unr",GameClass="Botpack.DeathMatchPlus",NewPrefix="RA",Mutators="SmartDM103y.SmartDM,Jopack3.RocketArena,UTCmds.UTCmds,UTBots.UTBots,Logit.Logit,Relics.RelicRedemption,Relics.RelicDefense,Relics.RelicRegen,Relics.RelicSpeed,Relics.RelicStrength,Relics.RelicDeath,Relics2.RelicAffinity,Relics2.RelicEquilibrium,Relics2.RelicEvasion,Relics2.RelicIllusion,Relics2.RelicImmunity,Relics2.RelicSilence,Relics2.RelicPoison",Settings="InitialBots=15,MinPlayers=16,MaxPlayers=16,GameSpeed=1.15")
CustomGameConfig[1]=(bEnabled=True,DefaultMap="DM-Base714.unr",GameClass="Jopack3.TeamGame",NewPrefix="SA",Mutators="SmartDM103y.SmartDM,ZPBasicWeaponsAddOnV210.SniperArena,UTCmds.UTCmds,UTBots.UTBots,Logit.Logit,Jopack3.NoInvis,UTBots.UTBots,Botpack.LowGrav",Settings="InitialBots=11,MinPlayers=12,MaxPlayers=16,GameSpeed=1.0")

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
This is what it looks like in 640x480.

Just far too much work to re-organise all the fonts, textures and placing.
It will destroy the Mod.

Sorry no can do.

Even the slowest modern computer with software rendering can handle 1024x768

sdm640.jpg

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok .. looking not to badly infact.

I think for the final release this will work however Iam not sure how hard this would be;

--EDIT
*Make it 6pp's (Player Profiles) Full or 8pp's Alt which gives more space for everything vertically..
* also Separate the SPREES & MULTISPREES from the Pickups ROW.
^ offer to enable / disable the PKUPS ROW / independantly for the MULTI/SPREES ROWS
offer a KeyBind option for each feature of the board. or Mutate smartdm hide sprees , Mutate smartdm show pickups

PlayerIcons: reduced by maybe 5%

SUI:1 < these 2 enough space for double-digits.
HS:1

KILLSPR: KI:1 MU:1 ME:1 RA:1 DO:1 GO:1 > These 2 should be together
MULTIKI: DB:1 TR:1 MU:1 MG:1 UL:1 MO:1 ^ and disabled independently of Pickups
PICKUPS: SB:1 KG:1 AR:1 AM:1 PD:1 IV:1 > This one is on it's own.
^ Color Code these to the same as in higher resolutions.

at the bottom or the TOP or in chat.. which says .. SmartDM only supports resolutions of 800x600+

Would that be quite hard to produce?

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
also I think that I have discovered how to do all stats or at least upto 16 players or 32 based on a theory.

need someway to replicate the board for as many times is needed for the number of players in the server.ini MaxPlayers=16 Section.

lets say that player res=640x480 .. that can hold 6pp's with all the bells and whistles.
now
6/16 r4

ok so we need 2 & a 1/2 - 3 Boards Replicated.

make a function() which triggered by the pressing of a key to change the board and display the next lot of Pp's until it gets to board 3.
ie; set input L mutate smartdm next

function next () {
*some fancy ninja code over here.
if resolution <800x600 then spit tacks and crash client.
}

Last edited: