SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
Ok the bug I reported is not Linux specific, it is related to spectators. This is the code which is creating problem
Code:
un?reliable if ( (Role == 4) &&  !PlayerReplicationInfo(Owner).bIsSpectator )
Frags,HeadShots,CountryPrefix,PlayerStatsString,NetSpeed,bNetSpeedAndPL,bTransparent,bCTFScoreboard;

Removing !PlayerReplicationInfo(Owner).bIsSpectator will allow the spectators to change their scoreboard settings (I never thought that we will be needing replication for spectators :lol:).

By the way, I think I know a way to get rid of this client->server->client replication. We can just spawn the window clientside and manipulate the client variables then and there (without adding dependencies to the Scoreboard).

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Replication for Spectators LOL, well I did in in DuelGame.

Regarding the menu clientside, if you can get that to work then great as I battled for days here.
Getting it to open is the problem because the scoreboard is not linked to any usable class.
Hang on till I post 103H which is the latest stuff and fiddle with that code.
Atm I fiddling to compromise the 800x600 better, hell did not know people still use that :)

Oh! btw, would you object if I tampered with your idiosyncrasy by swapping the deaths/scores around or do you feel it's kinda too late now as servers with this on will probably get more confused :D

Last edited:

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
Sure, why not. You are the caretaker of this mod. Modify as you wish.
Also can I get the source to impliment my technique? I would prefer some weekend coding :D. Meanwhile you can fiddle with 103H.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Got the Scores/Deaths nicely sorted and displaying now :)
How's that menu coming on, any luck.
Would be interesting to know the angle you're taking as I tried many.
If you add the Scoreboard.uc to the SmartDM classes then it becomes easier as the server now spawns it etc and the way we are going with these scoreboards it won't be necessary to use custom jobs :)

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
Done!! I made the best use of OOP :D. There are some useless functions in class actor, which I called without adding dependency. I am too tired to write a documentation, but I am sure you will figure it out.
Rough skech

1) All window related files are in scoreboard (so if any developer makes new scoreboard he (or she :lol:) can easily modify the windows to put the desired settings in it).

2) The core SmartDM (in playerreplication info) searches all the actors (clientside) and sees if the actor is of class smartdmscoreboard. If yes, then it calls a useless function of actor. Now the function is overridden in scoreboard and does the desired work.

PS For it to work, you need to atleas have scoreboard spawned which happens only after you open it atleast once. But I have messed this functionality. I hope you can iron it out (or I will mabe next time).

And thanks for providing me an opportunity to code. Nice weekend. Goodbye
Zzzzzz

Attachments

• SmartDM.zip
    132.7 KB · Views: 1

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Nice one, and any time.
I'll have a look in the morning as right now it's also bedtime here.
Note on the scoreboard needing to be open, yes I had the same issue with the current menu and the server waited for a command from the client's SB to tell it it's been opened and only then would the menu open, maybe I can incorporate something similar here.

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
and the way we are going with these scoreboards it won't be necessary to use custom jobs :)

Yes, you indeed left no scope for further improvement. But there some more concepts like snowyscoreboard (for christmas holidays) etc which will need modifications. Ask back4more, he will tell you more :lol:.

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
Ok, I took the snowycode of SmartCTF 4E and made a snowyscoreboard for SmartDM :D.

Make sure to edit the SmartDM.ini
ScoreBoardType=SmartDMScoreBoard.SmartDMSnowyScoreBoard

Now this is not my work therefore to release this scoreboard the permission of spongebob might be required.

Attachments

• SnowyScoreboard.zip
    158.1 KB · Views: 3

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Thanks, that looks interesting.
Snowy hey, mmm..... maybe down here in the southern hemisphere I need to make a scorching red hot sun job, hahaha... just kidding :D

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
Ok, I got the snap for ya.
Shot0019.gif

Last edited:

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
in terms of graphics , What is the requirements ?.. 256pcx? I would like to add some Graphics to a few things..
Download the scoreboard source. It has images in textures folder. This will give you the exact information.

Not sure about the other idea, but I dont think it will catch up. People (including me) like to play with default scores, any change in that, and you lose player count.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
LOL, just my feelings on an overall pitch :)

From past experience, as you can see by this forum, we're pretty well experienced on who joins and who tests etc...
Only genuine people who have a server that can test things and not let the beta's out to every tom, dick and harry.
Although once it works, it works, that's why like on my server, the pings may be high to outside players but that's not what it's about, it's about testing the mod.

I think we are very close to a SmartDM release soon and need to get their without further changes although there is 1 or 2 things that bother me a bit and maybe Cowboy can help a bit here if time prevails.

@ The_Cowboy
The Menu, you have made the menu now works all client side which works great but it worries me a bit.
The reason is I see all the window classes are now clientside with the scoreboard.
Don't you think this will boggle other Scoreboard makers brains a little and then not do anything at all ?
Maybe a compromise to what I had before that the window classes a spawned server side, but work and save clientside exactly as you have it.
I started to fiddle with this around midday, but got called away and only got back now, 7pm, and will fiddle a bit more.

Regarding the future of SmartDM or maybe lets say the next major release, is I'm busy incorporating a Stats screen similar to what Nexxgen or ATBHighScores has but with a difference.
Also I want all the player stats etc to be recorded on the server and not depend on some other mod or server etc.
This is mainly what Wises is talking about with score hits counting etc etc....
Maybe even incorporate our own IpToCountry or something on those line as I found out I'm not the only one who just cannot get the flags to work regardless of what I do.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
and what version are we upto?
103H as in earlier post to download.

main prob is PacketLOSS: (not working)
Works fine here, well it was, check my server ?

under flag , put ping.
Not a good idea, Ping and Time are the 2 most important items people want to see and tucked away like it was before is not a good plan.

[netspeed] if possible.. reduced font size perhaps idk.
Reducing font messes all the other stuff up.
Fonts available is Footer, at the bottom, Stats as shown and Tiny as in Pickups - that's it.

also.. still don't see framerate..
Frame Rate works 100% - see very bottom of screen.

also why is LOSS: Green?
Have no idea, will look into it as I have seen it go greenish but it is not coded like that, a wierd on.

shall we actually make our own ctf board in smartDM
Maybe, depends on what's all needed.
Looking at a standard UT CTF SB and comparing it with current SmartDM one, I think our's is already better :)

Oh and BTW, 103H also has the Deaths/Scores now as Scores/Deaths

SmartDM103i was experimental, and just completed 103j which I will look at the 'green' problem and the packetloss problem and then give you a url.
103j also incorporates The_Cowboy's client side menu.

A picture of 103H on my test server:

103h.jpg

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Found why Packetloss was not working, but the green SURV and overwrites got me baffled.
I can add C.Font = WhiteColor 100 times and makes no diffs.... friggin wierd.

*** Edit ***
Ok fixed the 'green' also :)

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yeah the bNoVoiceTaunts works, I figured that but it does nothing.
The one you need to change is

[Engine.PlayerPawn]
bNoVoices=False

I now have it permanently off but there are times you want it on.

LOL, regarding the textures, stats, and all the different stuff in the scoreboards.
When do you get the time to read all this stuff ?
Playing today on my favourite Rocket Arena Server, I find if I pause for longer than 3 seconds I'm dead.

Regarding the players frames on the SB itself, yes that would be nice but many feel when it's on it cause lag which it might do as a lot goes on to calculate FPS.
Also FPS is 100% client side which means each client would have to send it to the server who in turn would have to send it to all the other clients.
I'll look into it as I agree, it would be nice to see what others get.

*** Edit ***

Wises, you think Spongebob will mind if we incorporate his Xmas SnowyScoreboard into SmartDM ?

I have temp incorporated into SmartDM with a new variable bShowSnowyScoreboard in the ini file and it works really great :)

Here is a sample of 103j so far, please do not put it on a server as it's not completed.
Just check it locally to see what going on.
To see the snow, set bShowSnowyScoreboard=True in the scoreboard ini.

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/beta/sdm103j.zip

Everything is fixed so far, hopefully.

Last edited: