1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SmartDM for UT99

Discussion in 'Dev Team' started by ProAsm, Jul 12, 2013.

1. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

I did an experiment here and need some opinions please.

I changed all the STAT text on all scoreboards to lowercase thus allowing me to increase the font size.

What do you think...... yes / no ?

Shown is 1024 x 768
    800 x 600 and below does not have lowercase which is standard in UT.

[​IMG]

2. The_Cowboy

The_Cowboy Member

Personally I like lowercase stuff. Uppercase seems like someone SHOUTING.
    You many also reconsider F.Taken stuff. Looks like *F word* taken :lol:.

3. The_Cowboy

The_Cowboy Member

Ok just notied. You have also changed the shade of scoreboard (red and blue). Awesome! Now since you are at it might I suggest to add first blood variable in SmartDMPlayerReplicationInfo. The guy having it true will have red shade and rest will have black shade (don't know how it will look but it is worth a try).

EDIT:
    Now I believe you put more time and effort than me in this mod. I hereby declare the transfer of the ownership of this mod to ProAsm (hehe always wanted to say something like this). You can and should write your name only as Author (My name is not necessary or maybe can be written in thanks. I have no problem with that).

Last edited: Aug 15, 2013
  4. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL, yes, we think alike :D
    While playing last night I kept looking at the F.Taken and I thought 'gotta change that'.
    Anyway there is enough room to fit FlgTaken which it now is.

Note on the 'Transfer of Ownership'... hehe... it's like buying a house... but you will always be part of it as everytime I work on it I come across some code that make me think.... "what the hell is CB trying to do here" and later I see, "mmm ok I see..." :)
    I'll look into that.

5. The_Cowboy

The_Cowboy Member

:wavey: I know coders are busy but still want to gently bump this thread to know the status of SmartDM.

6. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

LOL... yes I must admit SmartDM has taken a bit of a back seat here but is being well tested :)

It currently has a nice enough CTF scoreboard, with extra CTF stats like FlgTaken, Dropped, and Captures.
    It also has red and blue tinted backgrounds, larger statsfont size.
    The GameInfo() has increased from 10 to 30 to accommodate MapVoteX.
    This GameInfo now also looks for the GameName or the GameClass.

Generally things have been tidied up all round.

Just want to add to options for allowing Assault and Domination to use the TDM Scoreboard which will be defaulted True.

I'm also fiddling with a Top Player type stats the slides in and out on the right side below the logo.
    Whether I'll add that now to 105 or maybe later to 106, I'll see how things go.
    My idea was a simple formula which will be available for the admin to set for the SmartDM Top 20 Players, and I also want to add a SmartDM Top 10 Bot Killers or something, just to be different :)

Last edited: Aug 21, 2013
  7. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Sorry scrap that, not ready yet :)

Last edited: Aug 23, 2013
  8. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

Ok I have updated SmartDM to what may be close to the end for using it.

I sat all day with trying to get the Team Headings to be more transparent with a small amount of success.
    I basically had to superimpose one on top of the other.
    The Alt Team heading by Wises (gradient) cannot be made even the slightest bit transparent as the color and impact just vanishes altogether.
    The original headings though did work simply because the backgrounds were black to start with.

I have made the TDM scoreboard back to original, ie, blackish backgrounds like DM, but the CTF board is colored and it does not have the Alternate Team Heading simply because you cannot see the Flags on the heading, they just disappear.

Otherwise I have added 2 options in the ini to allow the TDM Scoreboard to be used either in Assault or Domination.
    bAllowAssaultTDM=True
    bAllowDominationTDM=True

http://www.proasm.com/files/ut/beta/sdm104e.zip

;)

9. The_Cowboy

The_Cowboy Member

Hmm, sounds nice. I reaally like tint :D.

10. ProAsm

ProAsm Active Member

This is about as far as I'm going to go with this version.
    I will just rename it to SmartDM105 and release it quietly on the same topic on the forum, use it on my site and advertise it on my website.
    This CTF scoreboard is probably a personal thing I did but the more I play it, the more I like it :)
    It's basically a CTF scoreboard for the Deathmatch player :)

11. Wises

Wises New Member

be interesting to see the changes.. yep no complaints or extra wheels needed on this mk4 cortina imo :)

good work and look forwards to seeing the changes in aesthetics.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2013