SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok testing now on asia server;

ps: set this as default (True) also.. as it is awesome for sniper games.

bShowLongRangeMsg=True

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ScoreBoardType=SmartDMScoreBoard103w.SmartDMScoreBoard

you forgot to set that in smartDM.ini :\

now for some reason , I don't get Tripple kill sound on my server it skips straight to megakill however it log's it correctly as tripple kill.

for some reason that kill message/spree does not work.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
now aside from these minor issues.. it is looking real good.

and seems to be functioning somewhat. (90%)

at first I had set ExcludeStatsforBots=True.. which I then had to change to False

because well nothing was showing and I thought it was broken lmao

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
also for some reason it still does not like my RA configuration

I must sort that out asap.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Getting topics all mixed up, too many boggles the ol brain :)

Well I tested 103w quite extensively on my server this morning and I must say I am quite satisfied with what it did.
Everything did what it's supposed to do.

There is only one thing I need to do.
Put the bShowAltMultiScores back server side because having it client side everyone could have something different and that could start a row amongst the players.

The dead skull does display on everyone's name except only you or whoever died can see it.
The reason for this is its not something that is replicated in the PlayerReplicationInfo.
Same as the Rate and Framerates, these also are not replicated and is basically derived client side.

I will look into replicating it ourselves but I may have to dump it.

** Edit **

Ok I replicated the dead player so the skull now works great :)

I tested 103x on my server for the last 2 hours and am very happy with the performance of this mod now.
Even the Bots have a skull showing now when they die, works great.
The bAltMultiKillScores are now serverside as well.

Expect for experimenting with pickup icons, (when you ready) I'm now preparing the mod for release as its done :)

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
any ideas why 'Tripple' Kills do-not work on our server?

also.. I need to find what is conflicting with my RA setup. Ie; Some info is not working.

... Headshots for one.

can I test version 'x' before you release it.

have you got it on your server?

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok :) got it to work by re=arranging the mutators putting SmrtDM after GlobalUnreal (Pure Based Antilag "NewNet6d") , but also before other mutators.

now the 'Tripple Kill' Sounds/Messages don;t work.. do I need to set something in my ut.ini to get that to work?

it for some reason skips 'tripple kill' and goes straight to the next one 'MultiKill' however the board displays it as a Tripple Kill and all other SPREEs after Tripple Kill Become out of Sync.

note from screen shot : serverside (dos window) that it log's tripple kill.. although in the actual client it did not say Tripple Kill AT ALL. (I am at a loss)

also for testing here is a trick you probably already know;

in System/ folder make a .txt file like :

quickadd.txt
Code:
adminlogin <password>
god
addbots 20

unlimited.txt ; unlimited ammo for all current weapons.
Code:
admin allammo

quickremove.txt
Code:
killall bot
adminlogout

then in your UT..

set input <key> exec quickadd.txt
set input <key> exec unlimited.txt
set input <another key> exec quickremove.txt

any thing between "<>" needs to be added ie;

set input left exec quickadd.txt
set input delete exec unlimited.txt
set input right exec quickremove.txt

set input end admin servertravel ?restart
^restart server.

some interesting cmd's for admins = http://smugspace.net/unrealadmin.aspx

if you can come test on ASIA Server here: unreal://138.91.34.2:7777

Attachments

• Server-says-this.jpg
    Server-says-this.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 2
  • client-says-this.jpg
    client-says-this.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
also something annoying me is that the 'faces' still has a repeat of the bottom row of pixels at the top.. what is causing this and can we fix it?.. like push the 'faces' images up 1px or something.

Also probably too late for this one but is there someway that we can put 'denote' who made the 'First Kill' on the board some where in RED.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
I will get onto graphics ASAP.. just have a bit to do these last few days IRL(In Real Life)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
OK, SmartDM103x is currently running on my server, password = smartdm
I'll leave it running for the next 3 hours or so.
Check out how well the 'dead' and their skulls work .
It's not in a re-direct :)
Bots are set on Skill 0 :)

For best effect, !v and select a Sniper game with map Base714, here you can get several monster kills if you want, just wait around and let the opposition Bots gather :)

Everything works, include spec mode etc.

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok had a quick test looking good. I still cannot figgure why the 'Tripple Kill' thing is not working on my server.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
You talk like that.
If you make a demo of yourself playing with lots of of Triple Kills and Mega Kills etc...
Then when you play the demo back, the Triple and Mega Kills are not there.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Seeing the dead skull works so well, it now also appears in the slim scoreboard, a bit smaller here, and it the Bot's case, replaced the word BOT.

103ydead.png

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
hmm sorry mate have been busy yet again..

trying to to get the 'Tripple Kill' to play on the server instead of 'MultiKill' like a few other players .. perhaps its a 436 problem?

anyways I foudn a different announcer here; http://www.ut99.org/viewtopic.php?p=24901

which has pretty much (I think) most of the Stuff I was talking abut before.

also re: single profile layout.. are we able to offer a 3rd option , which allows it to be centered?.. therefore single left (1-6) then Duel ... or single centered (1-6) then duel... or left/right/left..?

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
*update.. seems this mod may conflict with 2k4combo's and 2k4sound's which is what was not working and blocking the tripple Kill sounds :\

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok everything appears to be going ok , few conflicts with other mods which could be a problem ... not sure how to deal with that ..

anyway just wondering .. when then game starts or just before starting do you hear the announcer say prepare for battle or what ever?

asking because Ive not heard it on our servers for a very long time.

also re suicides / hedshots etc.. if they are '0' rated is it possible to remove them from the board.. this is for games like combogib and ig.. however instead of trying to detect weather the game has.. a weapon which can register hedshots.. perhaps just hide it until an actual headshot is registered.. there for ig games etc .. or arena's aside from sniper / slicer wont show it :) and henceforth smart..

Last edited:

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
ok am wondering .. what do you think about having a separate 'death' icon for the player who gets the first blood.. therefore not having to find another spot for it on board .. but .. simply replacing the other death skull with it?

In respect to the .. Killing perhaps that should read Multikil or MultiK instead.. as it gets confusing between KilSpree..

and the multi colored effects in particular the 'White' one .. hmm is there some way to have these colours configurable in the .ini perhaps?

so if someone wanted to have say the Text for Pickups 'purple' and the individual pickups text all the same colour or .. custom colours perhaps?

what are your thoughts here?

I will get onto the pickups and [k]'s etc now.. but I think offer the option to have either icons or text .. you choose which you want to be set by default.
or players can decide.. what do you think?

Attachments

• first-blood.7z
    17.3 KB · Views: 0

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
also here is the sound mods if you later want to look into them and make some kind of compatibility .. which some servers which may want to use this SB could well request. http://unrealtournament.99.free.fr/utfiles/index.php?search=sound&dir=&searchMode=f

for example Trajik the Admin of the NewYork server and NW3 SA Server on our website has a pretty awesome announcer .. these things will not be compatible I think with Smart DM SPREE's/MULTI's so there fore perhaps add the option in the .ini to disable the displaying of them.. if an admin can't get his Spree/Combo packs to work with smartDM.

Last edited: