psst, news posted

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

R.Flagg

Feb 15, 2000
Visit site
As a long time fan of the Unreal series, and of INF..., I just want to say that I am very excited about the move to the Source engine, and I look forward to playing!

So bring it on, I'll be there! :tup:

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
First of all thx for the official statement to the SS team and congrats to ehrewoN on his new position.

I can´t wait to see the new site, or just the new forums, to be one of the first to register :).

Does that all means Ss started to work on the mod?

geogob said:
Well if it's the same tag line as Red Orchestra, and I understand many RO developpers moved there, then I wouldn't be too worried.
Thats exactly what I thought. The INS devs said they will go for realism as far it doesn´t disturb their concept of hardcore 'platoon teamwork system'. And that kinda let me expect less realism at all, but who knows.

They are so many games that proclaimed to be realistic, but were not. So if someone says 'realism' I do not expect to much at all.
But I can definitely say one, if SS speaks about realism, I think about realism as it is meant, cuz I learned from INF that it is the closest thing to realism (no matter of how many things they are, I´m not agreed with).

I do not see a big concurency in INS. But if the team tactics system gameplay of INS works as they say, it will be the single concurency to INF and a big one.
Oh and the extreme high quality of models, skins and sounds of INS makes me concearning a bit, cuz INF never really looked that impressive, I hope INF3 will change that a lot.

Seems HL2 is a hotspot. They is 'Hostile Intent: Phoenix Rising' allready in work for Source, they is INS, and who knows what else.

@SS:
Plz make it! Plz, highquality models, weapons, skins. Most important for me is the 1st person, I desire having high quality designed weapon models and skins and sounds, plz, plz, plz.
http://www.insurgencymod.net/images/vehicles/paramil/t72.jpg
http://img61.exs.cx/img61/4323/25us.jpg
http://img24.exs.cx/img24/7085/image12uf.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/snake900/ak47render.jpg
Hope you can beat that :D

Last edited:

Hadmar

Queen Bitch of the Universe
Jan 29, 2001
Nerdpole
]-UnderTOW-[ said:
You seem to have the impression that Valve are bad guys. They aren't, they're the good guys.
I guess that's why they have such a horrible EULA that has no legal basis and provide themselves with the technical means to enforce it. Valve are not the bad guys; they are the Knights in Shining Armor under the command of Price Charming. Or something. Whatever.

I wish the team good luck und the best for the future. I guess future anouncements will come right out of nowhere ... Congrats erehwoN. :D

While it's unlikely that I will install Steam to play the new Inf I don't see a reason why I should stay away from either of the two communitys. That's a threat! :p

Last edited:

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Nope, I'm a linux user ... I can always hold my nose and fire up windows if I need to. It's just that it's become too much of a pain to bare!

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
Same problem, actually worse, my machines are at least binary compatible with HL2 and can possibly get it to run with translation libraries, macs on the other hand are stuck untill a specific version is compiled for PPC hardware ...

MightyTuX[JgKdo]

Jan 21, 2003
Visit site
Good luck SentryStudios.

Nice to hear that you finished searching a new engine.

And perhapse i install windows again to test your new work on the HL2Source engine. ;) Keep up to inform the community about what you are working on.

DeLaMorte

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Psychomorph said:
And what is with the macintosh users?

I'm not sure I understand the question, so I'll take a few stabs at it...

1) Most of us own PCs as well - we just prefer our macs for work (especially) or general usage (double-especially).

I use both just because I always have. However, I'd be lying if I said I didn't want Hl2 and mIRC on OSX...

2) In terms of 'what do we do'? Well...

We either get PCs or don't play it, pretty much. The problem with HL2 (and most new games) is that the Havok physics engine SDK was never ported to OSX. They're having lots of problems getting it to work with the PPC architecture - and thus - no games that use the above mentioned engine will run on OSX.

Hopefully, it will be ported, and Ryan Gordon can work his magic and create not only the Linux version, but also, the OSX version of the game so everybody can play...

However, it looks like (for the time being - and probably - forever) HL2 and INF are going to be PC only.

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Wow. Congrats. I'm not quite sure what to say at this point. My drive to play mods in general is at an all time low so this news brought me to the realization the only reason I even pay attention to any mod out there is because of INF. No other mod felt so damn good to play, gave me the feeling that this game was unique and would never be seen in stores. It captured my imagination so intensely I'd feel immersed like never before. I sincerely hope you bring that sense of uniqueness and detail to the next generation of INF and use the HELL out of the source engine ;). Make this exodus worth it SS.

Great models...would be nice
Real sounds...sure why not
But that Infiltration spirit - now THAT'S a must.

{GD}Odie3

You Give Odie a Boner
Nov 19, 2001
Austin Texas
ghostdogs.net
Sorry but this is funny as hell and thought I would post this gif here (reminds me of getting HL2 when it was released):

steam8gt.gif

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
Congrats! I am sure Sentry picked the best engine for the best INF possible. (although I'm still curios wether you had a look at MoH:pA ;) )

I for one would have followed to any engine................. newer than UT99. Actually you make me not regret buying Halflife2 :)

Last edited:

zeep

:(
Feb 16, 2001
Visit site
Just for the sake of it Sentry, head over to the steam forum and do a search for posts started by myself. Nothing but trouble. Steam fubars all games i try to run on it. Since you're now officially heading over, let me know when your new 'support' forum is live, then i'll begin my bitching there.

Aprat from the goddamncrap thoughts i have against steam, i will however stay with infiltration. I can't say i'm glad with your choice but i respect it. Someday this pieceofcrapsteam will run like it should on my computer and hopefully i'll see you all then.
So good luck and if there's something i can sing to help, let me know.

Fieldmedic and other people who won't go steam, i trust i'll see you here at BUF then. This forum has been my everyday home and i don't think i'll leave it soon.

randomas

May 24, 2001
Visit site
As long as there's life in Infiltration UT I'll be lurking around the shadows, being the usual broad-side of a barn with no aim that I am.

I sincerely hope all goes well with the new engine!

I doubt they'll let mr Ryan "Icculus" Gordon at the source engine, but here's hopeing!

FieldMedic

Less good UT Player ever
Aug 30, 2001
zeep said:
Just for the sake of it Sentry, head over to the steam forum and do a search for posts started by myself. Nothing but trouble. Steam fubars all games i try to run on it. Since you're now officially heading over, let me know when your new 'support' forum is live, then i'll begin my bitching there.

Aprat from the goddamncrap thoughts i have against steam, i will however stay with infiltration. I can't say i'm glad with your choice but i respect it. Someday this pieceofcrapsteam will run like it should on my computer and hopefully i'll see you all then.
So good luck and if there's something i can sing to help, let me know.

Fieldmedic and other people who won't go steam, i trust i'll see you here at BUF then. This forum has been my everyday home and i don't think i'll leave it soon.

I hope this steam thing will finally work for you zeep.

Rest assured that even if i will never be seen on a steam powered game for philosophical reasons ;) , you will always be able to find me on BUF and so in this UT version of Infiltration forum ( a bit sad to see INF leaving to countries where i will not follow).

Actually, there is only 2 places in the internet you can always be sure to find me : the BU forum and the BIS forum (under the nickname Sanctuary).

So either you travel on one of those forum , i am there so popup and say hello :)