UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
How about changing the color of the screen while loading a map... I mean, everything else is black now, this is still white... :)

If I have time, I can make them maybe tomorrow night (well, one or two to test it out).

Bink/Smacker is the answer. The loading Screens are .bik movies wich can easily be made with that tool (it is free btw) I use them to make my animated Trackmania-Advertisements.

I wanted to wait for the final pack though, to see if they are patched in the final or included in the Titan Pack.

The fast steps are:
-Convert the movies to a sequence of 70 single images using Bink/Smacker (just a few mouseclicks)
-Batch the 70 Images in Photoshop (using color-fill and overlaying the white, outer parts with black).
-Use Bink/Smacker to make it a movie again (just a few mouseclicks).
-Replace the existing files in the Movies Folder.
-Hope that UT3 doesn't check for the files' hashes when playing online.

The not so fast way would be keeping the U-Logo Red. So if anybody has a turning U-Logo... ...bring it on

Last edited:

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
Custom biks work fine, they scale and stuff as well. I made a solid black loading screen here.

You still get the map name and loading tips, for what it's worth.

[T.S]Psycho

Brain Damage
Can anyone with patch 2.0 beta1d please check if mk3rdperson or action cam is working?
And are you getting a C++ error when starting up game?

Those are two oddities I've encountered so far.

Getting the runtime error here as well on my windows xp x64 machine. My laptop at the other hand has no error... (vista x64)
It seems I can play the game fine by leaving the error open and clicking the game that now seems to be running minimized and is located on my taskbar...

StreetPreacher

Mar 10, 2001
Man some people on here make me wanna vomit. This is an AWESOME patch and we got people bitching cause they dont like the "carbon fiber" look they added to the UI. You know what? STFU!!! You guys have been bitching and bitching and bitching about the game ever since its release...Epic decides to do something pretty drastic like come out with this patch and a HUGE FREE expansion you guys still BITCH like a bunch of God damn 14 year olds!!!! Where did all the mature players go? I cant believe people on here are whining about a damn carbon fiber texture they added now. GET THE **** OVER IT!!!! Man I would love to slap some of you around cause it seems like you need a good beating. Same goes for a dork who said "What are speed tree fronds? Did they make stuff up "make us think we are getting new options and changing video quality?"...Are you serious right now dude? You seriously think that?

Man some of you guys are straight up DORKS. Pull your head out of your ass, smoke a bowl and chill out! Epic could make this game EXACTLY how you want it and Im sure you would still whine. Go back to suckin on your momma's teet for Christ sakes.

Awwww,... someone forgot to take their Zanax this morning. :( And welcome to The Internets. Did you really open a gaming forum and not expect to find an excessive amount of bitching? *scratches head*

But seriously dude, you got anger issues. It's just a board.

I'm probably in the minority in that I could care less if the UI was pink with purple polka-dots. I'm looking for exactly 2 things in a UI: functionality and ease of use. The retail product failed at both. The patch seems to address a lot of the functionality (like exposing all of the graphic options), and I think we're all universally thrilled about that. As I understand it, the "flow" of the UI hasn't changed a bit, but I can live with that. It wasn't broken before, just annoying.

[PSI]Snow White;2256420 said:
2 years 3 months to late. :eek:

Umm... try 1 year and 3 months. 2nd Grade Math Fail. :lol:

If you don't wanna try it again then of course that's your option. But as someone who didn't really enjoy UT3 and uninstalled it, I think it looks like the combined patch and bonus pack are adding enough changes and content that you'd be crazy not to try it. I mean, you already bought it, right? You've got nothing to loose. Imagine if you hated 2K3 so much that you refused to try 2K4 if it was offered for free. You'd have missed out on a whole lot of quality gaming...

Last edited:

Ignotium

Que hora es?
Apr 3, 2005
Madrid
For those who have tested the patch, am I the only one who finds headshots laughably easy now?

That would be me. The other day, doing a quick play test of a map i got a headhunter and a massacre, and god i suck at the sniper.

but i could be wrong though

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
[T.S]Psycho;2256524 said:
Getting the runtime error here as well on my windows xp x64 machine. My laptop at the other hand has no error... (vista x64)
It seems I can play the game fine by leaving the error open and clicking the game that now seems to be running minimized and is located on my taskbar...

I don't get the error message in Vista either. But with Vista I have another problem.
The Xbox360 controller emulator I use to get my gamepads working right for splitscreen seems to crash the game when I go beyond the main menu. The error message seems to be similiar to the one in Windows XP.

KillerSkaarj

Art for swans is dope!
Jan 24, 2008
we could turn off rain and snow in ut2004. its just not needed sometimes...

But the sandstorm actually plays a role in that level. If you could turn it off, its purpose would be defeated (which is to allow either teams to use stealth to get the enemy flag)

Cr4zyB4st4rd

I make awesome ©
Aug 8, 2008
P'Boro, UK
That would be me. The other day, doing a quick play test of a map i got a headhunter and a massacre, and god i suck at the sniper.

but i could be wrong though

Novice bots don't count.

I've had some more headshots that i wouldn't have expected before, but i believe that's down to netcode tweaks, as for all the weapons they're the same but the game feels smoother and you all think it reacts differently.

All the whining will probably vanish when they actually get to play it, but who knows, apparently visuals in a menu affect the gameplay of the game, strange.

Grobut

Комиссар Гробут
Oct 27, 2004
Soviet Denmark
Ok, i have just one question that hopefully someone can answer (if it has been adressed allready, well sorry, but i only skimmed the 9 pages and didn't find it):

In instantaction, can we add what bots we want to red and blue team as we please now? or is it still just one big list where every second bot goes on one or the other team?

If they have fixed this, i am definately reinstalling, else, i'll just hope the expansion fixes it.

SmokeRingHalo

Reigning King of DM/CTF Mapping
Mar 1, 2008
smokeringhalo.unrealmaps.net
OMG how could I forget this one... please please please fix the trigger system so that mod makers can start adding doors and other pawn triggerd things into there levels... I Know epic know about it.. thats why checker said the doors were taken out of coret so please fix with a patch.

the reason I remember this is because I had this kool idea for my map which I cannot do because I would need to use a trigger volume ... :(

What's wrong with trigger volumes?
I used one for a door in dm-collider and to my knowledge it works fine.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I think he means a specific Trigger for doors or something. Because Creating doors is really easy and is no problem.

Armagon917

TOAST
Mar 6, 2008
The Woodlands, Texas
Man some people on here make me wanna vomit. This is an AWESOME patch and we got people bitching cause they dont like the "carbon fiber" look they added to the UI. You know what? STFU!!! You guys have been bitching and bitching and bitching about the game ever since its release...Epic decides to do something pretty drastic like come out with this patch and a HUGE FREE expansion you guys still BITCH like a bunch of God damn 14 year olds!!!! Where did all the mature players go? I cant believe people on here are whining about a damn carbon fiber texture they added now. GET THE **** OVER IT!!!! Man I would love to slap some of you around cause it seems like you need a good beating. Same goes for a dork who said "What are speed tree fronds? Did they make stuff up "make us think we are getting new options and changing video quality?"...Are you serious right now dude? You seriously think that?

Man some of you guys are straight up DORKS. Pull your head out of your ass, smoke a bowl and chill out! Epic could make this game EXACTLY how you want it and Im sure you would still whine. Go back to suckin on your momma's teet for Christ sakes.

i apologize for my critique on the 32X32 carbon fiber texture that would take 15 minutes or so to fix, photoshop to rewritting it to whatever texture package its in. but its completely minimal. just mentioned it casual but why do i get the feeling you think i'm losing sleep over it?

you speak about maturity and show none. sorry. kinda kills your credibility as being a "mature player" yourself coming out with all of that. i'll throw my star trek box sets at you if you want to beat me down. i swear some of you guys get way too worked up. Please don't threaten anyone here or infer it.

StreetPreacher you idiot. jk Klonopin not Xanax. ;)

Last edited: