UT3 Patch 2.0 Beta 1 Released To Testers

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

dirtyharry

Jun 11, 2008
Massachusetts
perhaps a silly question, but will the admin be able to turn off the nametags ? I noticed while playing DM last night that all players had a nametag over them, this is good and bad... good if your hunting someone down (gives away position), Bad if your the hunted (gives away position) LOL, the talking bubble was good so that you dont kill someone whos talking, but the nametag I'm not to sure about....

DeBiese

Oct 13, 2004
As long as we are bitching about things...

How about changing the color of the screen while loading a map... I mean, everything else is black now, this is still white... :)

As for the rest ... Looks great! :)

SPIDEYUT2K7

I see a blue screen
Feb 22, 2008
City of the Polution
We are not bitching like someone around says, we are just arguing about the goods and other stuff that could possibly increase the fun factor in game; im still in love with this new interface, better textures (a bit darker is good for me in some maps), and all the others...FOR FREE! thats why EPIC rocks HARD! :)
ctrlaltdel-online_dot_com_qjpreviewth.jpg

Chillout and have fun :p

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
Man some people on here make me wanna vomit. This is an AWESOME patch and we got people bitching cause they dont like the "carbon fiber" look they added to the UI. You know what? STFU!!! You guys have been bitching and bitching and bitching about the game ever since its release...Epic decides to do something pretty drastic like come out with this patch and a HUGE FREE expansion you guys still BITCH like a bunch of God damn 14 year olds!!!! Where did all the mature players go? I cant believe people on here are whining about a damn carbon fiber texture they added now. GET THE **** OVER IT!!!! Man I would love to slap some of you around cause it seems like you need a good beating. Same goes for a dork who said "What are speed tree fronds? Did they make stuff up "make us think we are getting new options and changing video quality?"...Are you serious right now dude? You seriously think that?

Man some of you guys are straight up DORKS. Pull your head out of your ass, smoke a bowl and chill out! Epic could make this game EXACTLY how you want it and Im sure you would still whine. Go back to suckin on your momma's teet for Christ sakes.
POST OF THE YEAR!!!!

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
Man some people on here make me wanna vomit. This is an AWESOME patch and we got people bitching cause they dont like the "carbon fiber" look they added to the UI. You know what? STFU!!! You guys have been bitching and bitching and bitching about the game ever since its release...Epic decides to do something pretty drastic like come out with this patch and a HUGE FREE expansion you guys still BITCH like a bunch of God damn 14 year olds!!!! Where did all the mature players go? I cant believe people on here are whining about a damn carbon fiber texture they added now. GET THE **** OVER IT!!!! Man I would love to slap some of you around cause it seems like you need a good beating. Same goes for a dork who said "What are speed tree fronds? Did they make stuff up "make us think we are getting new options and changing video quality?"...Are you serious right now dude? You seriously think that?

Man some of you guys are straight up DORKS. Pull your head out of your ass, smoke a bowl and chill out! Epic could make this game EXACTLY how you want it and Im sure you would still whine. Go back to suckin on your momma's teet for Christ sakes.
Well, hardcore PC fans wouldnt be in an uproar had this game not been a console port of a magnificant classic PC game. It should have been the other way around where consolers gets the dumbed down version.

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
Well, hardcore PC fans wouldnt be in an uproar had this game not been a console port of a magnificant classic PC game. It should have been the other way around where consolers gets the dumbed down version.
Even if that argument has some truth it's still getting old. No wait, it's already old.

And if you don't believe me, then go back to to UT2004, UT2003, UT. Then play some console FPS games.

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
And ok, no problem! if no one believe me LOL, i was playing with the beta patch installed and, i sense differences in the game that i was never be able to saw before with the other patches
So have I and I assure you, there is zero difference in the flak trajectory, enforcer damage, or any other weapons other than the weapon pickup ammo changes *vs the current version*. They might have made some changes to the weapons in previous patches (I don't remember) but in the currently released version to the 2.0 patch, no weapon tweaks were made (Other than what is listed in the patch notes which includes nothing related to the above)

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
[PSI]Snow White;2256420 said:
2 years 3 months to late. :eek:
Want to try contributing something or not posting in this thread? Or would you rather get the Read Only achievement instead?
Even if that argument has some truth it's still getting old. No wait, it's already old.

And if you don't believe me, then go back to to UT2004, UT2003, UT. Then play some console FPS games.
:tup:

S

savov

I just tried the patch. It looks very promising. I didnt notice any weapons balance changed, except the ammo as it was mentioned early. But there is an interesting update to the leaderboard. When u hit F2 now in front of the player name u will see a little icon showing his most used weapon. I kinda like this :) The server browser is also been updated. U have spectate and join to direct ip, u can filter servers though mutators etc. Under the Settings menu u have a "Mod configuration" tool. I notice on DM-CarbonFire where the powerups are there are few robot models just standing o_O and EXIT in the main menu dont work... u have to click it 3-4 times... but still its a beta and im looking forward to the final version.

If u have questions feel free to ask them :)

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Some one needs relaxatives

Go back to suckin on your momma's teet for Christ sakes.

If you're here to insult people at least do it right.

There's nothing perfect, some of us just thought the carbon look could use little improvements, what's so bad in that? There's no need to hear your ragecry here. In our world there's no possibilities to improvement without a little criticism.

The Carbon texture is way over scaled. That is the problem.

Man I would love to slap some of you around cause it seems like you need a good beating.

We're impatient to hear about you doing so.
Did you forgot your meds?

Last edited:

os][ris

May 10, 2006

I like this guy..

p.s. The menu looks awesome and it's def. what it should have been when released.. I haven't read the responses but if people are still complaining then some of you seriously need a reality check

Epic employees have come on THIS forum to address that specific topic and several of them have stated that the game was not a port. Do not call a product a port because you did not like the way it turned out. Why can't you just get over it? I mean really....

Some of you UT fans or whiners cause that's all most of you do are a lost cause and the excessive crying and bitching is why I just stick to the front page and ignore threads.

Last edited:

[T.S]Psycho

Brain Damage
os][ris;2256465 said:
Some of you UT fans or whiners cause that's all most of you do are a lost cause and the excessive crying and bitching is why I just stick to the front page and ignore threads.

That's not really sticking to the front page and ignoring threads is it :lol:
Anyway wanted to say I really am looking forward to the full release of 2.0 and the titan pack. I've got the idea my frames per second have improved with the beta patch :D, for example my laptop had arround 30fps now it's arround 45fps

So far I would like to say that they can keep up the good work. Whas already pleased with UT3 before but this is making it better. Only downside is the carbon in the menu's which I rather not have but well I can live with it like I lived with the old menu style... ;)

Hideinlight

May 12, 2008
Can anyone with patch 2.0 beta1d please check if mk3rdperson or action cam is working?
And are you getting a C++ error when starting up game?

Those are two oddities I've encountered so far.

Fuzzle

spam noob
Jan 29, 2006
Norway
They were always easy on bots, if that's what you're playing against. A couple of times I've gotten Head Hunter before anyone has even touched any flags on ctf-face, and my aim sucks ass.
See avatar.