UWindow2 Development Blog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
The thing is, my UT3 folder is not in the mydocuments/my games folder anymore. I have it re-routed to another partition in the actual UT3 folder. A lot of people have it set up this way. I believe this is the problem.

Like I said, i'd rather have a zip version to install myself.

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
The menu bar is not working here: Menus are not displayed when you click on them and no text is being displayed at all. The menu buttons are highlighted when you move the cursor over them, but that's all... :hmm:
I didn't uninstall the other version before installing this one, could that be the problem? (probably not...)

Darkdrium

20% Cooler
Jun 6, 2008
Montreal
Is the server browser supposed to work in the version you already released? Because on my end it is unavailable, even when I'm connected online.
Here's hoping that if it isn't, it will be in final, as uWindow2 will be the my alternative to the UT3 HUD and I would like to use it all the time :)

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Is the server browser supposed to work in the version you already released?
No. I'm rushing to try to add this before 26th.

Here's hoping that if it isn't, it will be in final, as uWindow2 will be the my alternative to the UT3 HUD and I would like to use it all the time
Cool. Hopefully as things develop, it will be nicer.

Works fine, good luck on your last day...
Great. Thanks!

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
My only question is a bit OT. Is Bersy going to release that background as a desktop wallpaper? I'd like to use it.

Btw, can't wait to try out the "Windows."

ihaulchems

May 26, 2008
I installed it and it starts and sticks at precaching?????I also am able to make pretty designs with the cursor trails....LOL Its probably because of the previous versions I have installed.Ill figure it out.love the installer though.I cant wait to see it work.Thanks.Oh yeah i sent a email over to planetunreal I told Raptor about your project .Maybe youll get a mention on there .

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
heh nice one DP.

I'll pm it to you if you like Crotale, just that I didn't think it would be appropriate to release a wallpaper publically before the final release and submission of uWin2.

I'll have to keep an eye out for your version, I'm sure it's great like all your other work :)

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
I'll pm it to you if you like Crotale, just that I didn't think it would be appropriate to release a wallpaper publically before the final release and submission of uWin2.
I can respect that.

I'll have to keep an eye out for your version, I'm sure it's great like all your other work :)
Meh, it was nothing special.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
UWindow2 build 260608 has now been released to the public. A webpage, with links to downloads can be found here.

[screenshot]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/SolidSnakeNZ/UWindow226062008.jpg[/screenshot]

What's in this build?
  • Complete Preferences window. This window will allow you to adjust most of the basic settings found within Unreal Tournament 3. Future builds may allow you to tweak more settings.
  • Complete Character Customization tab. This window will allow to create your own character.
  • Semi complete Weapon tab. This window will allow you to tweak various weapon settings. The weapon priority list will be completed in a future build.
  • Complete colorizer window. This window allows you to tweak how UWindow2 colors the windows, panels and buttons.
  • Complete Unreal Tournament 3 credits. This window allows you to view the Epic team who created Unreal Tournament 3.
  • Complete Practise Session window. This window allows you to start a practice session with bots. Custom game types, maps and mutators are supported. More options will be completed in a future build.
  • Semi complete Profile window. This window allows you to log on to your online profile. Offline profile, and logging out will be added in future (You are automatically logged out when you quit Unreal Tournament 3)
  • Semi complete CD Key window. This window allows you to enter your CD Key to validate Unreal Tournament 3 for online play.
  • Complete Digital Confectioners window. This window allows you to see the team members of Digital Confectioners, who created UWindow2.
  • Semi complete Server Browser. This window allows you to search for online games and join them.
  • Complete system console window. This window allows you to use the console.
  • Complete Direct Connect window. If you know the IP address and password of a server, you can use this to connect directly to it.

Last edited: