1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UWindow2 Development Blog

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by [SAS]Solid Snake, Feb 3, 2008.

1. Tweakd

Tweakd Multiplayer notepad ftw!

Nice, i'll have a look when i can. Have you had a chance to look at custom mutator support yet? I can't play without UTComp :D

2. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Thanks Bersy.
    Custom mutators work fine for me, however I have not yet added mutator configuration just yet.

3. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

This is the gift that keeps on giving.

4. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

Theres another thread on the forums where users are talking about the idea of more community driven interaction that was originally proprosed by epic but was dropped .. now if a server was thrown up and a database was created could something like a guild roster etc etc be implemented?

This is looking wicked by the way

5. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

V-C, I'd be willing to put up some server space, as I've got it to spare, but I'd be more concerned with bandwidth usage. You got a wag on how much we could be looking at?

6. Tweakd

Tweakd Multiplayer notepad ftw!

Hmm, guess i will have another look then.

Yeah it works fine it seems. I must have not copied an ini file last time.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  7. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Cool, now that the keybinds work it's a worthy replacement of the old UI! :tup::tup::tup:
    The feature I'm now missing the most (besides custom gametype support) is the ability to set up and save map cycles...

Other minor bugs all around (just nitpicking :)):
    - In the settings window, the left column I think it should be about 1/3 the size of the window, right now there's too much free space between the Text and the sliders/checkboxes/etc...
    - Offline settings are only saved for the last gametype you played (if you play a 3-point CTF game and you go DM after that, it shows 3 as the default score... ;))
    - Score limit and Time limit don't need a slider IMO.
    - Screenshots of some custom maps (DM-Gritt for example) look too big and need to be resized, if possible.
    - Display playercount of maps.
    - The first letter of custom map descriptions is not displayed for some reason... :con:
    - Map description field needs a scrollbar sometimes.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2008
  8. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

I havent been able to give it much more thought ... work has pwned me ... :(

9. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

I've decided to try your latest 'zip' version and have no luck on it detecting custom mutators and there is nothing in the controls tab. Other tabs are fine.

Could it be cause ive done the -nohomedirectory- trick thats causing these problems?

Last edited: Jul 19, 2008
  10. masterblaster73

masterblaster73 New Member

Wow, a second person with mutators not showing up. I have had this problem since day 1. My maps and custom characters show up fine but my custom mutators do not show up. I have tried putting them in different areas and nothing.
    I sure hope they fix this.
    Emmet Otter, are your custom game types showing up (mine are not)
    You can visit here and read my Trouble Ticket
    http://www.digitalconfectioners.com/mantis/view.php?id=4

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  11. [SAS]Solid Snake

I think I have figured it out now. It's to do with the way I've used the config system. Because I used my own set of config files that reside within UTGame\Config\UWindow\, it seems that some mods have decided to place their config files within UTGame\Config\. Of course, these files are ignored by Unreal Tournament 3 since we are looking at config files within UTGame\Config\UWindow only. However, config files which exist within UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Config are all read, and this is the reason why my mutators show up fine since I put all of my mutator files within Published only.

Try checking your config files and if you see any extra ones within UTGame\Config, copy them over to UTGame\Config\UWindow or if you know the ones used by the mutators, copy them to UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Config.

The reason why this is so, is because of the way mutators are defined for the menu system. The definition of them now resides within ini files, which are normally used for configuration variables. It would have been a lot better to have reused the cache system that UT2004 did but that had its own issues as well. Because the config files all exist somewhere that UWindow2 isn't looking at, these mutator definitions aren't being detected by UWindow2.

I hope that finally resolves this issue.

12. BoneofFear

BoneofFear The American Dying Machine

yeah snake it did work nicely :) gametypes that don't use default map sufux's (DM-,CTF-,VCTF,WAR) though (including Glatnors Invasion v16) though won't see the maps for some reason.I'm guessing that I gotta put some variables in your version of UTGame.ini :crazydance:

Or would that be map prefix's?

EDIT215743677lulz:I also noticed that (I'm sure you know this already though) some of the login text and other texts in the menus are unfinished.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2008
  13. Beelzebud (Satanas)

Beelzebud (Satanas) New Member

I still say that Epic needs to man-up and pay this dude for his work, and integrate it into an official patch. He's doing all the grunt work they should have done before they released this game.

14. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

sorry for bump, but has this gone final?

15. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

Now I'm laughing. I searched for this and I didn't expect it to be on top.

That signature of yours is probably one of the best.

16. [SAS]Solid Snake

It's unlikely to be developed further.

Yep, I think UWindow2 is a pretty searchable name and it's quite easy to find hits on it.

Thanks, had it forever really.

17. TheIronKnuckle

TheIronKnuckle What the hell is this "ballin" thing?

Well i'll be downloading then!
    :D

18. Go&nd

Go&nd Meow

So does this mean Epic bought it from you for their "big expansion"? :B

19. elmuerte

elmuerte Master of Science

no, it means that "It's unlikely to be developed further."

20. [SAS]Solid Snake

No, it is no longer on my development schedule.