1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UWindow2 Development Blog

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by [SAS]Solid Snake, Feb 3, 2008.

1. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95940&stc=1&d=1214182030[/SCREENSHOT]

Character Customization window is largely complete. Still need to add the shoulder pad types [none, left, right, both]. Will do this in the next build.

Due to the debate about the question check box for the gender, I've totally removed this and merged it as a drop down with the faction group. Now the drop down looks like this:

* IronGuard - Male
    * IronGuard - Female
    * Krall - Male
    * etc..

I didn't feel like making a different drop down with only two options, and even doing this does not increase the number of items in the drop down for the faction list (only the IronGuard, Twin Souls and Necris has male and female groups). I hope that solves the 'issue', but I doubt it ever will be...

2. Al

Al Reaper

Will someone give this man a medal?!

Seriously.

3. Vitamin-Carrot

Vitamin-Carrot If

I still want his babies

4. os][ris

os][ris New Member

i'll settle for the babies urine....

5. Tweakd

Tweakd Multiplayer notepad ftw!

Omg snake this is looking amazing!

6. Cox

Cox New Member

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :D Great job man!

7. Sys-X

Sys-X Commercialized Killer !!!

Man all I gotta say is YOU ARE THE MAN seriously this UI you made is just great :D
    Can't wait to try it out ^^

8. ihaulchems

ihaulchems New Member

Oh yeah snake what about the custom maps showing up in the maps list?Is there a way to fix it?BTW great work.The colors are looking good will they show up in XP?We need to send this guy some RedBull!!!!!!!!

9. [SAS]Solid Snake

Thanks for the kind word guys. Much appreciated!

I have fix for it. Should be done before the 26th.

Not very sure what you mean by this...

10. Festering Anus

Festering Anus Cheeto Hans

Here's a suggestion for a later update. Would it be possible to implement an internet browser?

11. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

Of course I like it, but how does it work? Assume you have it, how do you start it up? Like any other total conversion mod?

12. Bersy

Bersy New Member

you modify the game's ini to point to this UI instead of the default one, I believe.

13. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

I'm sure full instructions for that will be included in the final release.

14. Lopar-XL

Lopar-XL Currently trying to mend my mind, etc.

There's a batch file for it. Just double click that and you're rollin'. Don't forget to install this mod into UT3's install directory, not the \Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\ directory (or folder)..

15. [SAS]Solid Snake

What for? uWindows2 is not a replacement for your OS. It's a game user interface and the need for an internet browser is so small and redundant. Also parsing HTML, Javascript and so forth is a very big task and not a particularly easy one to do. But I'd like to listen to your reasoning for this, as I find it hard to believe that anyone is going boot Unreal Tournament 3 just to surf the web. As for looking at websites which list servers, the server browser should pick these up.

You do not need to do this any more.

The release candidate will have a installer for it. The installer will create some shortcuts for you in order to run it.

16. [SAS]Solid Snake

17. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Woo Nice I'll try that. Just a question though, I am 99.9% sure the answer is yes but if you install uWindow2 you can boot to the original UT3 HUD or uWindow2 depending on your preferences?

Good job for making the impossible possible ;)

EDIT: All right so it works just as I thought. However one small thing: I can't see custom maps! Can you help me fix this? Much appreciated. :)

EDIT2: Never mind, I see that some of the menus are still missing too (Like server browser and stuff). Not to put pressure on you but if you finish this it would be awesome! :D Many thanks for doing what Epic should have done in the first place

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  18. Emmet Otter

Emmet Otter I miss XMP :(

Aw schucks! I'll wait for the final:D

19. [SAS]Solid Snake

[screenshot]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b178/SolidSnakeNZ/UWindow25062008.jpg[/screenshot]

- Custom maps and gametypes are both detected now
    - New wall paper by Bersy. Thanks Bersy
    - Profile login
    - CD Key entry [Required if you run uWindow2 for the first time, but there is an alternate way too]
    - Direct Connect
    - Weapon Settings laid out
    - Completed Character Settings

Well, with only a day to go, I'll just be cleaning up the bugs and so forth. As I said right from the start, uWindow2 was developed during crunch time for a single month (pretty grueling, 14-16 hour code days, including weekends, for over 3 weeks). On the 26th of June, I shall be releasing whatever state uWindows2 is in.

After that, further development is only warranted if I can acquire some extra funding to do so. Otherwise, it'll rest on the back burner and I may only work on it two or three hours per week. If you're wondering why funds are so important, it's because I run my game development company. And it is quite young, thus I need to spend all of my time developing our own technology and games. Unfortunately, modding doesn't pay the bills.

I hope uWindow2 brings a glimmer of hope, and overtime I hope to add more features if time allows.

We'll see in future, what happens with uWindow2.

20. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

Nice wallpaper. I had no idea he was doing that close of a remake to the original or else I would not have posted mine in the other thread.