UWindow2 Development Blog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tweakd

Multiplayer notepad ftw!
Feb 20, 2008
Scotland
Nice write up SS. It's good to see that you took a lot of positives away from the project and hopefully the experience will help you in the future. I'm sure you will shudder when any employer mentions "crunch time" from now on. :)

As for your stand alone games I wish you all the luck and will no doubt be trying a few out myself. Out of interest what (preferred) language are you coding them in?

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
My research shows that C# is a lot less procedural than C++ and to a greater extent C. C++ and C# can both be proceduaral and object orientated, where as C is mostly procedural. I'm not exactly sure who told you that object orientated code is more about optimisation and elegant code... as these can be present in any language.

The reason why I mention C# with XNA is that it really takes a lot of grunt work out of coding basic systems such as drawing meshes, textures and so forth.

Well, prototypes still have to show the original idea and intent ... so there is quite a lot of work involved still. Still, I have a lot of code lying around that I can use at any stage.

Peregrine

Death from above
Jan 16, 2001
Lake Erie Shoreline
www.gaihope.net
You do know Epic was looking for someone to help make UI's, right? I know it sucks working for the man, but Epic can't be to horrible. ;)

Someday we'll say "we knew him when...."

EPIC POSTING:

We are seeking a cutting edge UI Designer who is well versed in motion graphics and graphic design and who also brings with them a passion for games. Core duties would include User Interface and Heads Up Display work for our next generation titles. Additionally, you will be responsible for miscellaneous graphic design tasks such as promotional pieces, signage, web graphics, motion graphics, product packaging, magazine ads, etc. Ideal candidate would be an experienced self starter who can communicate well with programmers to develop cutting edge UI designs for games and interactive media. Candidate must be proficient in a diverse set of software including Photoshop, After Effects, 3ds Max (or equivalent), Flash, Illustrator, In Design, etc. Experience with video game user interface is a necessity along with strong graphic design and motion graphics skills, additional abilities with print and web are also required. This is not an entry level position.

Bersy

Apr 7, 2008
Sweden
You do know he lives in New Zealand right? And he's got a gf and stuff.. Well assuming she hasn't gotten tired of his "crunch times" already ;)

I doubt he wants to move to the US.