1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why the low UT3 adoption?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by TehLlama, Aug 12, 2009.

1. JohnDoe641

JohnDoe641 Killer Fools Pro Staff Member

I've helped, trained and brought more people to this game than you'll ever meet. But keep trying to troll, it's rather funny how pathetic your attempts are. D:

2. Wormbo

Wormbo Administrator Staff Member

I suck at UT3. Discuss!

3. DannyMeister

DannyMeister UT3 Jailbreak Coder

Is there some type of inversely proportional relationship between being able to mod UT3 and being able to play it?

4. Grobut

Grobut Комиссар Гробут

Yes.

5. Lostsoul

Lostsoul boobs

JD tries to rape me at night.

6. JohnDoe641

Super delicious.

7. Bort

Bort nou

JD killed UT3

8. Darkdrium

Darkdrium 20% Cooler

Yes

9. Kyllian

Kyllian if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;

See, I actually liked the idea of the Orb, don't think it was implemented very well, but I liked the idea

For the most part, if the enemy team is already knocking on your base door, the orb isn't going to help much, especially since you're essentially a sitting duck being restricted to foot/hoverboard
    Personally, I would rather that it worked more like a mega-linkgun as opposed to an autohack on the node. Help bring it down faster and rebuild faster(like 5 or so people linking up)

With the vehicular gimp it caused, I feel it should have given a boost to the carrier. Something like automatic full health/shield(or maybe a minishield like the shield deployable), boosted movement speed, etc

10. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

Orb works perfect. It makes the whole game a LOT faster and you can turn around matches in no time. Might take some getting used to to ONS players but it's really a great addition to the game.

11. DannyMeister

DannyMeister UT3 Jailbreak Coder

I'm about to play UT3 RIGHT NOW!

12. 1x.

1x. UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion

Cya there
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

14. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

Oh behave. This place is a beehive with or without me.

Trolling is when you talk down to a game, a developer, a publisher, etc about stuff that has been mentioned before and they decided not to make any changes to the product, instead they use their authority to censor users that keep complaining about just that.

The trolling is usually accepted here at BU because the admins and moderators decided to simply ignore most of it and if it ever get out of hand they just lock a thread or two to pacify vivid argumentation.

Flaming is when you repeatedly talk down to a gamer or forum member. I usually criticize a group of gamers and they usually make it personal by attacking me to retaliate. How often do we hear vaguely based accusations in posts rather than discreetly going trough proper channels? The idea is to merely take the law in your own hands as a vigilante and try to scare people into believing in you. Wrongly or falsely accusing people is more like slander, an illegal offense, exploited to gain credibility and respect in an ill meant manner.

I watched this Megaman X2 challenge video and got inspired. It's like the art of cursing.

Bruising or breaking your spirit doesn't mean I want to kill or dispose of it. I merely expected a shrug, a hissing or a smug half of a laugh.

So we agree or disagree, but we all are still friends right? One big happy family.

This is the forum for me. Here I can speak my mind, get carried away and no harm done. Other forums only have complaisant tossers, productive, but without the freedom of thought.

Talking makes me want to play more UT3.

15. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

You have your definitions of flaming and trolling all confused.

16. JohnDoe641

No, trolling is telling biohard that he's probably bad at Quake Live or insulting other forum members when they don't have the same opinion as you.

Trolling is not accepted here, plenty of warnings, pm's, and warning points are awarded weekly.

BTW I hate to break it to you, but I'm a Moderator here, so when I asked you not to troll, that's not a favor I'm asking. Just keep that in mind in the future. :tup:

To a point. When you signed up for this forum, you waived all your rights of freedom and are expected to follow the Terms of Service that BU enforces. The same goes for any forum or online community. Once those TOS are breached, then action is taken.

17. 1x.

1x. UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion

OH Snap!

18. Bort

Bort nou

**** just got real

19. JohnDoe641

Bort will eat your soul.

20. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

This discussion has been done before: SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!! ;)

Never were, never will be. I'd rather have my own balls boiled in oil (slowly one after the other).

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009