Why the low UT3 adoption?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
I have heard of you before, you take despicable delight out of playing against newbies online. You don't take into account that players become better over time, you just want the competition to be gone.
I've helped, trained and brought more people to this game than you'll ever meet. But keep trying to troll, it's rather funny how pathetic your attempts are. D:

Kyllian

if (Driver == Bot.Pawn); bGTFO=True;
Aug 24, 2002
kyllian.deviantart.com
Like the orb, for example. People complained that it broke gameplay, however that is a person preference of design. The orb wasn't broken itself.
See, I actually liked the idea of the Orb, don't think it was implemented very well, but I liked the idea

For the most part, if the enemy team is already knocking on your base door, the orb isn't going to help much, especially since you're essentially a sitting duck being restricted to foot/hoverboard
Personally, I would rather that it worked more like a mega-linkgun as opposed to an autohack on the node. Help bring it down faster and rebuild faster(like 5 or so people linking up)

With the vehicular gimp it caused, I feel it should have given a boost to the carrier. Something like automatic full health/shield(or maybe a minishield like the shield deployable), boosted movement speed, etc

Bi()ha2arD

Toxic!
Jun 29, 2009
Germany
phobos.qml.net
Orb works perfect. It makes the whole game a LOT faster and you can turn around matches in no time. Might take some getting used to to ONS players but it's really a great addition to the game.

1x.

UT99 Instagib 'ladder' champion
Oct 25, 2009
U.S.A. (West)
I'm about to play UT3 RIGHT NOW!

Cya there
instagib.gif

redcap.gif

Fuzz

Enigma
Jan 19, 2008
Universe
Oh behave. This place is a beehive with or without me.

Trolling is when you talk down to a game, a developer, a publisher, etc about stuff that has been mentioned before and they decided not to make any changes to the product, instead they use their authority to censor users that keep complaining about just that.

The trolling is usually accepted here at BU because the admins and moderators decided to simply ignore most of it and if it ever get out of hand they just lock a thread or two to pacify vivid argumentation.

Flaming is when you repeatedly talk down to a gamer or forum member. I usually criticize a group of gamers and they usually make it personal by attacking me to retaliate. How often do we hear vaguely based accusations in posts rather than discreetly going trough proper channels? The idea is to merely take the law in your own hands as a vigilante and try to scare people into believing in you. Wrongly or falsely accusing people is more like slander, an illegal offense, exploited to gain credibility and respect in an ill meant manner.

I watched this Megaman X2 challenge video and got inspired. It's like the art of cursing.

Bruising or breaking your spirit doesn't mean I want to kill or dispose of it. I merely expected a shrug, a hissing or a smug half of a laugh.

So we agree or disagree, but we all are still friends right? One big happy family.

This is the forum for me. Here I can speak my mind, get carried away and no harm done. Other forums only have complaisant tossers, productive, but without the freedom of thought.

Talking makes me want to play more UT3.

JohnDoe641

Killer Fools Pro
Staff member
Nov 8, 2000
N.J.
www.zombo.com
Trolling is when you talk down to a game, a developer, a publisher, etc about stuff that has been mentioned before and they decided not to make any changes to the product, instead they use their authority to censor users that keep complaining about just that.
No, trolling is telling biohard that he's probably bad at Quake Live or insulting other forum members when they don't have the same opinion as you.

The trolling is usually accepted here at BU because the admins and moderators decided to simply ignore most of it and if it ever get out of hand they just lock a thread or two to pacify vivid argumentation.
Trolling is not accepted here, plenty of warnings, pm's, and warning points are awarded weekly.

BTW I hate to break it to you, but I'm a Moderator here, so when I asked you not to troll, that's not a favor I'm asking. Just keep that in mind in the future. :tup:

This is the forum for me. Here I can speak my mind, get carried away and no harm done. Other forums only have complaisant tossers, productive, but without the freedom of thought.
To a point. When you signed up for this forum, you waived all your rights of freedom and are expected to follow the Terms of Service that BU enforces. The same goes for any forum or online community. Once those TOS are breached, then action is taken.

Northrawn

Feb 21, 2009
Orb works perfect. It makes the whole game a LOT faster and you can turn around matches in no time. Might take some getting used to to ONS players but it's really a great addition to the game.

This discussion has been done before: SPEAK FOR YOURSELF!! ;)

So we agree or disagree, but we all are still friends right?

Never were, never will be. I'd rather have my own balls boiled in oil (slowly one after the other).

Last edited: