1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Why the low UT3 adoption?

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by TehLlama, Aug 12, 2009.

1. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Still it takes away more ammo.

2. ambershee

ambershee Nimbusfish Rawks

It's still a one shot kill. I'm not even sure what you're arguing here?

3. Fuzz

Fuzz Enigma

One shot kills means that UT3 is a game of luck, yes-no?

4. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

It still has a pretty big knockback. And if your aim is good you take a 200 hp player down in no time with primary fire.

5. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

Stinger secondary is good when you aim right and also it is very useful against flying vehicles, no really, the pushback is so great that it makes the driver disoriented and he cannot hit you.

6. Sportaçus

Sportaçus Protecting the citizens of Lazytown.

I don't like it when they jump out the second you hit them.

"He" being a real player.

7. Leo(T.C.K.)

Leo(T.C.K.) Well-Known Member

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=588887

For the people who wants their mouse feel different, from my own experiemces it depends on type of the mouse you are using too, I had one I got used to for UT3, but now the mousewheel is broken, so I don't use it anymore.

8. @yoyo1
    ill 1v1 any member of t5k/boom/any of the other newbie war clans.

I will duel you and you will lose bad. WHAT IS YOUR XFIRE? GAMERTAG?

9. @yoyo1
    ill 1v1 any member of t5k/boom/any of the other newbie war clans.

you will lose so bad you will rage quit.

10. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

lol you must be pro.

not.

11. oldkawman

oldkawman Master of Your Disaster

Shoot them on the way down, sniper, shock, mini, or even enforcers to reduce their health and they will usually die on impact even if you don't kill them in the air.

The old 1:1 n00b thing. Come play with us on our war or BTA server. We are there almost every night. You make the challenge and come play, show what you got n00b. Also come to the HighRollers BTA server, some of us play daily there as well. We do prefer experienced and better players so we do have a bit of challenge playing. You never improve by pawning a weak player. Myself, I would rather lose to a better player than just pawn n00bs. If you like 1:1 get on the FN ladder and pawn away.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2009
  12. Who are you? Nobody. I could probably beat you 1v1 on a server near you FROM USA. I will duel you and show how bad you are.

1v1 isnt noob. I dont like BTA and FN ladder isnt active.

13. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

I love when this kind of bragging begins. Always amusing how people consider it important or even worth mentioning that they could beat someone else in a video-/computergame.

Go ahead, I got my popcorn at hand. :)

14. Defeat

Defeat GET EM WITH THE BACKSMACK WOOOOO

I know, just like when someone says they can beat you in 1v1 basketball or football or pretty much anything.

15. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

Leo, I got those mouse settings from another source about 1-2 weeks after I installed UT3 for the first time and it's been great ever since.:)

16. oldkawman

oldkawman Master of Your Disaster

1:1 is not n00b, it's an extremely challenging game type that requires skill, speed, and the proper tactics. I was referring to your challenging other players and bragging like you do, that is very much n00b like.

The bottom line is that we all play our favorite game types more than the others. No player is master of all game types and no player knows every map in every game type like what is needed to master them. The best you can hope for, is to play your favorites in a competent manner and have fun chatting with the other players on vent.. That's one way to have fun and enjoy your game time online. Of course it always helps to do well and score high, but if that's the only reason you play, too bad for you..

Well, from your stats it looks like you have some skill or something else in order to gain 700 elo points in only 11 matches. I doubt they were 1:1 type matches you played to gain an average 64 ELO points per match.

http://ut3stats.beyondunreal.com/player181242480/

My question is what nics did you play as before this one?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  17. Bi()ha2arD

Bi()ha2arD Toxic!

I already know how bad i am. But I am not a 1on1 player so duel results mean nothing at all to me.

The better question is who are you? If you were that good I am sure i would have heared of you.

Ye, same here. Wanted to post this earlier but that day the forums crapped out for some reason.

18. Shlomo

Shlomo New Member

I think my ****ing head just exploded.

UT3 isn't supposed to be only played as a team game....

UT2004 was played for over a year in professional leagues as a 1v1 game.... not TDM or even CTF. And we all know Onslaught didn't either.

19. Northrawn

Northrawn New Member

Over a year!!!!! Wow, isn't that awesome?! :lol:

20. Shlomo

Shlomo New Member

Better than UT3, or Quake 4