Some insight...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Lethal Dosage

Serial Rapis...uh, Thread Killer
The screens look promising, especially how it fades out way in the distance

Do they have an IR mode and Starlight mode? Or is that just some uber long range IR?

You should have the 2 modes, and when someone else has their IR on, you can see a really bright light at their head through your goggles.

When you use lasers, so they shine really brightly? Maybe as a suggestion, you could disable aiming when the goggles are activated, so that people will carry lasers attachments and use them in dark areas with their goggles

keihaswarrior

Jan 7, 2003
Seattle
keihaswarrior.home.icq
Lethal Dosage said:
When you use lasers, so they shine really brightly? Maybe as a suggestion, you could disable aiming when the goggles are activated, so that people will carry lasers attachments and use them in dark areas with their goggles
That would kinda suck, because there is no high ready in INF. We'd be forced to hip our weapons and hip shooting is just... bleh.

With high ready? yeah that would ****ing rock to having IR lasers with Night vision.

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
No. Why would you have to have a suppressor?

In real life, people high-ready their weapons with I.R. laser targeting systems. In all of the training videos I've seen for NV courses (CQB training), the soldiers were forced to use the I.R. lasers and constantly complained about 'tunnel-vision', which made it hard for them to navigate the course.

The muzzle flash isn't that big of a deal. Not when compared to something like a taclamp. I've never fired a gun while wearing them - but it seems like it would simply saturates the optics sightly - but they return to normal rather quickly. I've tested it on a fireplace, matches, etc. - and nothing was as bad as an intense MagLight, directed straight into the optics.

It's sustained brightness that really kills them. A quick muzzle flash would be like glancing at a bright flash and turning away. Not a big deal. However, once the NVG's reach the highest saturation point, they have a fail-safe which kicks in (again, on the pair I own) which makes it impossible to see anything, obviously.

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
I don't plan on leaving you with WP1.4 long enough for you to get bored.

I'm currently setting my priorities down for Weapon Pack 1.5 that could be release around the en of April or maybe even before.

Just to give you a little insight, an updated version of the M16A4 should make it. Also, few updates to the NV, OICW, M4A1, HK416 could be made as well as correcting bugs/issue that will be found in the upcomming weeks. Some updates have not been made because of this release and were kept for WP 1.5. Knowing that there would be a WP1.5 soon™ helps deciding when to consider a version stable. Correction and futher improvement of the Nades is also planned.

At this point I am also considering rezeroing the M82A1 and M14DMR (when using scope) sniper rifles at 500 meters like the other INF sniper rifles.

And of course, you can expect new toys... like you don't have enough toys to play with yet! pfff. But it's too early for hints ;)

geogob

Koohii o nomimasu ka?
we work hard to make them, don. They don't spawn misteriously on our HD's

A lot of people put a lot of hours in to modelling, skining, animating, coding, creating sounds and testing all those toys. Although nowadays the INFMOD Team active member list is rather small, a lot of work has been done previously and his hanging around in hour archives.

I just checked the status page I am mainting in our private forum, we still have about 30 projects that have been started and that are on hold at one point or another. Reviving one or two for each release is not that hard as some are more advanced then others. That doesn't count all the projects to update, improve or fix the weapons that have already been released.

theRoadStroker

A Dickcheese Faggot
May 28, 2005
omg yo n00bs cant yo see its an attachable at4 .. seriously it looks like a acog that hasnt been scaled down :p

Last edited: