RAv3 style experimentation in HL2

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
Yes but SaraP does have certain advantages and the few pictures I have seen of SS members they are at a great disadvantage in a couple of important areas.

DEFkon

Shhh
Dec 23, 1999
Visit site
{GD}Odie3 said:
what is the map load command with a map that I should load?

Thank for answering a stupid question.

;)

I think if you pull down the console and type in " Maps * " (minus the quotes of course)

you'll get a list of all the maps available. the simple highlight and copy paste the name of the map so.. if there was a map called city17abd.bsp to run it you'd put in "map city17abd.bsp". (either that or "maps city17abd.bsp" i forget which )

TheShiningWizard

Because it's more fantastical.
Jun 26, 2000
The attached file should add the normal HL2 weapons names, chapter names, save/load messages, failure notifications, etc. Put it in SteamApps\SourceMods\IASP\resource\

Attachments

• IASP_english.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 18

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Okay, Odie's given me hosting that I can manipulate directly.

Here is the latest version. Cosmetic changes, TSW's damage increaser thing, and a few adjustments here and there. Will probably be the last release for SP for a while, I'm working on MP now.

I understand a fair amount of the HL2 netcode, but I can't quite figure out how to organize it so the lag won't 'interfere' with the aiming processes. I'm doing it the easy way now to see the impact.

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Multi is now coming along nicely. I went through a few replication revelations and managed to nail down (I think!!!) all the organization nessesary. If the tests are right, the hard part is over.
I just have to clean up all the problems that popped up during the 'port' and address the direct differences.

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Changed it to default to hard again, even though the problem was fixed. For some reason (latest steam update?) the difficulty menu has dissapeared.
There's no reason to redownload though, you can change the skill manually in the console with 'skill x' where 1 is easy and 3 is hard.

yurch

May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Oh, right, forgot to mention there's a working MP running around with a simplified waver system. (the old one is hard to sync very well)
More on it later. Weekendish.

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Speaking of forgetting to mention stuff, I'll probably send you another IASP zip later this week. I'm reworking the weapon damages to be considerably higher for the enemies, and then combining that with the game defaulting to "easy". That way, the enemies won't have their perfect aim, which will simulate them having to line up good shots and deal with recoil, just like the player does.

ant75

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Jan 11, 2001
Paris
*BUMP*

I just bought hl2, not even installed it yet. I was pretty excited about this mutie, but before i start the single player story i'd like to know 2 things :
- can i play the whole game using this mut all along ?
- if so, how much influence does it have on game difficulty and gameplay in general? Does it make some weapons unusable ? I usually hate to play the same game sequence 10 times over, so what difficulty level would you recommend to keep it fun and yet challenging ?

TheShiningWizard

Jun 26, 2000
Yes you can use it for the whole game.

All of the weapons still work. There are occasional crossbow issues, but the rest of the weapons are fine, IIRC (haven't played in like a month).

It makes the game more challenging, which is good; vanilla HL2--even on hard--is one of the easiest singleplayer FPS'ers I have ever played. Play on hard. You can switch the difficulty level on the fly, so if you get to a "problem spot" just lower it down for that section and then put it back on hard once you're in the clear. :tup: