M16A4 public beta release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

(SDS)benmcl

Why not visit us here in the real world.
May 13, 2002
Visit site
That and marking targets for team mates. Also when working with 1 or 2 teams mates and setting up a tight defensive position I use to mark exactly what I am covering, a door or openning.

Beppo

Infiltration Lead-Programmer
Jul 29, 1999
Aachen, Germany
infiltration.sentrystudios.net
Demosthanese said:
... As fo the code, I mentioned that it was not ment to be functional. Just something to do
while I was bored, so **** off. That's why I refered to it as psudocode.
... sorry but this ...
Demosthanese said:
Go Duke. You are now actively trying to piss on every last one of my posts. I een said that was a half-assed bit of coding simply used to represent the general idea, and while loops can be used to increment, and it is just as stable as a for loop or do-while loop. It
all comes down to the preference of the coder, asshat.
sounded as if you claim to know the differences between for and while loops aso and what they do and said that it is just a preference what a coder uses. If you want to post pseudo code then do not claim to have knowledge about how the real codes should look like.
That is why it was simply not correct to call Duke an asshat imo.

*grabs popcorn* (sry, couldn't resist)

Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
Quit fueling the flames beppo. As a moderator you should be trying to solve disputes not create them. If you have a problem with me, check your PMs. We can solve it there.

Quit picking fights in the open forums.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
FIGHT FIGHT!!! *runs down the school hallway screaming*

Duke: The supressor sound sounds exaclty like it did before... only more quiet.. :con: Bug on my end?

chuckus

Can't stop the bum rush.
Sep 23, 2001
Visit site
Quit fueling the flames beppo. As a moderator you should be trying to solve disputes not create them. If you have a problem with me, check your PMs. We can solve it there. Quit picking fights in the open forums.

IF Beppo was instigating somethign that really wasn't there... then yeah I'd agree with your post Demo. but dude, you got caught with your pants down hard. You've been nitpicking the m16a4 and it's code for a lot of this thread and dictating what to do with it and posted half assed code that proved that Duke has a much better grip on what needs to be done than you do.

*creates Homer Simpson style set-up with chips dip and various other goodies placed in strategic areas around sofa...

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
chuckus said:
IF Beppo was instigating somethign that really wasn't there... then yeah I'd agree with your post Demo. but dude, you got caught with your pants down hard. You've been nitpicking the m16a4 and it's code for a lot of this thread and dictating what to do with it and posted half assed code that proved that Duke has a much better grip on what needs to be done than you do.

*creates Homer Simpson style set-up with chips dip and various other goodies placed in strategic areas around sofa...

No, I have not been picking at his code. Did anyone actually read that post? All
I said is that I have an idea that may more realistically model fire. I am bored
right now, so I shot up some code just to have something to do. Next time I'll
use smaller words, like "Uhg" and "grrhmf".

This was taken directly from the post in question:
Demosthanese said:
Here's some psudo code because I was bored and to give duke a better idea
of WTF I am talking about. It ain't pretty, and it wouldn't work in UScript, but
it gets the basic idea across.

Just to further emphisies:
It ain't pretty, and it wouldn't work in UScript, but it gets the basic idea across.

stfu47.jpg

:)

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
Chill out, Beppo's just pointing out your badly under the misconception of how code works in general, it has nothing to do with Uscript. In essence, your code is not describing what you're trying to say. You were better off just using the English language.

Actually, i apologize for bringing that up lol
It's time to lay low for a little bit.

Last edited:

cracwhore

I'm a video game review site...
Oct 3, 2003
Visit site
Duke, problem. When you set your keys to switch to "best weapon" and "secondary" or whatever, the M16A4 does not register. I like this setup best as it completely removes the Kbar from my weapon switching. I have two guns on the mouse wheel and the M67 on my QA key. I've been awake for the past two days, so this may not make sense...sorry. Basically, the M16A4 does not register as a primary weapon. You have the A4 (Audi?) + the M9 in your load and the M9 starts off in your hand. Anyway, please fix that if you can.

mung

Crowze

Bird Brain
Feb 6, 2002
Cambridgeshire, UK
www.dan-roberts.co.uk
Look on a previous page, I posted a fix.

Oh OK, I'll post it here as well. Edit InfiltrationUser.ini, scroll down to the WeaponPriority[x]= list, and move the M16A4 to where you want it - probably above the pistols at least.

PS. Audis rock ;).

Last edited:

OpFor

Feeling suicide, thats O.K.
Apr 26, 2001
Visit site
I tried it out and the suppresed sounds are really quiet. It sounds as if someone 20 feet away is firing it, not you.

gal-z

May 20, 2003
Ramat-Hasharon, Israel
Visit site
A few more things:
-Swiss cheese handguards, at least the ones we have, do not have rails on them.
-It's more effective to hit the bolt-catch with the bottom of your palm (does this bodypart actually have a name? Basically I mean the part where the arm and palm connect - the part you'd use to hit someone's nose :p).