M16A4 public beta release

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
M16A4 release 04.05.23 6:40 PM

Download INFM16A4 04.05.23 6:40 PM
Extra required file: new40mm.u (can be found under General discussion, Beppo's sticky thread of mutators, camos, speechpacks...)

//======================================
// M16A4 Weapon Mutator 04.05.23 6:40 PM
// =====================================
// Model construction by Dr.J
// Skinned by Kowalski
// Animated, scripted and updated by Duke
// Sound updates by Crowze

Installation:
Extract files to your UnrealTournament\System folder (including new40mm).

Files:
INFM16A4.u - The mutator
INFM16A4.int - Mutator description "INF - M16A4 Weapon"
INFM16A4.ini - Set bYurchNades=True for yurch-compatible new40mm mutator
- Set bReplaceIncendiary=True to replace incendiary with standard HE round (overrides bRemoveIncendiary)
- Set bRemoveIncendiary=True to remove incendiary ammo from loadout

Note:
You MUST have new40mm.u in your system folder. If bYurchNades=True then
the 40mm grenades will inherit the properties of yurch's 40mm grenade.
The 40mm types available are:
- M406 Standard HE
- M680 Smoke
- D1-SD HE Incendiary (Duke ;)

You CANNOT use yurch's additional types:
* M433 HEDP
* M397 Popup
* M576 Buckshot

Loadout:
- M16A4 (Colt Rifle)
- M203 Grenade Launcher Attachment
- Laser Aim Module Attachment (cannot be mounted with M203)
- Suppressor Attachment
- Ladder Sight Attachment (M203)
- STANAG Magazine (5.56x46mm NATO) { compatible with M16A2 STANAG or FAMAS mags }
- 40mm WS Grenade (M680)
- 40mm HE Incendiary Grenade (D1-SD)
- 40mm HE Grenade (M406)

Danger:
Do not fire the 40mm AA high-explosive with tracer-D1-SD directly at person(s).
Serious injury or death may result. Should the victim suffer from contact by
resultant flames, he/she has 3 options:
1) Prone AND Move (without stopping) for about three seconds to put out flames,
2) Jump into a pool of liquid to stifle the fire,
3) Die.
Warning - burning victim becomes hazardous to other person(s).

M203 Ladder Sights:
To switch between given ranges, activate M203 and press the SwitchWeaponMode key in
AimMode. The ranges are similar to the HK69. With yurch nades, the sights are zeroed
for 100, 200, 300, and 400 metres.
SwitchWeaponMode with M203 hipped switches between grenade types.

Server Info:
ServerPackages=INFM16A4

!dukeADDHUD no longer needed!

Attachments

• Shot0006.jpg
    Shot0006.jpg
    271.5 KB · Views: 314
  • Shot0007.jpg
    Shot0007.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 333
  • Shot0002.jpg
    Shot0002.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 247
  • shot0003.jpg
    shot0003.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 196
Last edited:

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
Tidbit

I forgot to mention, the incendiary nade works on monsters as well...
plus nalis and cows... any Pawn class really.

Attachments

• Shot0014.jpg
    Shot0014.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 176
  • Shot0016.jpg
    Shot0016.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
very cool

was thinking napalm type nades would be fun to lob around the other day :D

is the front ladder site togglable (probably not a real word) to flip up and down?

edit: inf crashes after 5 min with the attached, dont know if its any use to you

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    157.7 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
The ladder does not match the range fired for the incindiary round.
That's about the only major complaint that I have. The animations work, the weapon looks lovely, though I'm suprised that the aimpoint is base equipment, but no where near as surprised when I heard the voice of an entirely differant Duke upon quenching the flames that I fired myself in.

I'm sure the redeemer sound is only staying in untill you find something better, right?

General problem that I see with most INF weapons is the lack of a weapon mode animation, but that would require a lot of work for a minor detail.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
No you can't flip the sight up and down...
I don't know about your crash, hasn't happened to me yet.

meeba said:
very cool

was thinking napalm type nades would be fun to lob around the other day :D

is the front ladder site togglable (probably not a real word) to flip up and down?

edit: inf crashes after 5 min with the attached, dont know if its any use to you

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
Yeah, I kept the incendiary nade "grounded" even with yurchian influence.
Those of you who remember the last days of ra286, the incendiary round could quite easily be the ultimate whore explosive :p

Demosthanese said:
The ladder does not match the range fired for the incindiary round.
That's about the only major complaint that I have. The animations work, the weapon looks lovely, though I'm suprised that the aimpoint is base equipment, but no where near as surprised when I heard the voice of an entirely differant Duke upon quenching the flames that I fired myself in.

I'm sure the redeemer sound is only staying in untill you find something better, right?

General problem that I see with most INF weapons is the lack of a weapon mode animation, but that would require a lot of work for a minor detail.

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
ah, only reason i ask is because one of your screenshots (tidbits) has the front site folded down

is the incend damage accumulative? if 3 poeple fire em at the same spot does it do 3x damage or the same as 1 nade?

when does the 'fireblanket' attachment get released :p

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
The screenie showing the hand slapping the mag into place is of the M16A4 without M203. That is not the ladder sight on the handguard.

If you're caught in the blast radius (equal to that of standard 40mm HE) you will most likely perish no matter how many nades hit you.
Igniting happens only in the few fractions of a second; the more flame elements that hit you at once, the worse it is.

meeba said:
ah, only reason i ask is because one of your screenshots (tidbits) has the front site folded down

is the incend damage accumulative? if 3 poeple fire em at the same spot does it do 3x damage or the same as 1 nade?

when does the 'fireblanket' attachment get released :p

Last edited:

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
doh

gotcha

edit: just wondering if it is too late to intergrate Yurches 'smart nade selector' code which takes out selection for grenades you dont have in your pack

having great fun with it so far, being able to actually aim the 203 properly is a refreshing change :)

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2002
Dallas, TX
www.google.com
I do have a problem with the M203 reload animation. INF guy never actually opens the chamber, he just flicks the weapon up hollywood style.Sometime before the final release, I would like this weapon to have this of the animation reworked. It doesn't really affect gameplay, but it just doesn't look right.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
If you look closely, there's a front trigger on the M203 trigger. The index finger presses that to open the chamber. I know, it happens fast.

Demosthanese said:
I do have a problem with the M203 reload animation. INF guy never actually opens the chamber, he just flicks the weapon up hollywood style.Sometime before the final release, I would like this weapon to have this of the animation reworked. It doesn't really affect gameplay, but it just doesn't look right.

ecale3

Sniper - May be harmful to your health.
Jul 13, 2001
Maryland Bitch.
www.ecale25.netfirms.com
Any way can we do the reflex as an attachment rather than base equipment? As with the Lam looking thing on there when the M203 isn't. That way if someone wants LAM+203+Irons (i know we don't have irons yet but the point remains) Then they could use the original model with the rail mounted 203.

Last edited:

meeba

lurking drop bear
Nov 28, 2000
uk
is it me, or does the bulk have no effect with the a4?

even with bulk at 80+ the stam bar stays 100%

this is without the microbulk mutator