Hybrid Tournament (Screenshots + Info)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Hmm... when it's done ;)

I'm gonna try and get some modelling done on the pulse and new shock models over the next few days if I can find enough time, so hopefully there'll be an update soon :)

Reciprocity

Boots of Spanish Rubber
Apr 4, 2004
If you are still looking for an enforcer model, I found the splash of the original UT of some use. You know the one with the guy with the flag and and the gun and the dark blue sky.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Ok, here's a little teaser video of the flak cannon in game :D

Right click save as to download flak teaser avi (20.4mb)

Nothing special, just me running around firing flak all over the place :) Oh, and a 100% totally bangin' piece of music to accompany it. Pay particular attention at the 47 second mark when I go into 3rd person and start lobbing flak shells around: You'll see the very cool new feature I've implemented ;) Basically, instead of spawning random chunks when it explodes, it will spawn them in the direction you are facing, which can lead to some very nice kills :)

Will update again soon hopefully, when I've worked on the skin some more.

Reciprocity - thanks, but I've got the enforcer pretty much covered :)

edit: forgot to mention, the first person mesh 'should' be visible, but for some reason it's not displaying in demo playback and I can't seem to find a valid reason why.

Last edited:

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
when will it be done!!!! I want to use the stinger again i miss the good ol stinger!!! and that tarydium sniper rifle sounds awsome!!!!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Radiosity, your playing skills with god mode on wrecked the video :p

Nice flak effect though, i am waiting to see more.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Kantham - I wasn't exactly aiming for a 1337 uber-frag video ;) Plus I can't aim for crap at the moment thanks to my mouse being a biatch (optic sensor seems to be dying :( ).

Swerto - don't hold your breath :) Currently the flak, stinger and ripjack are ingame and working (ripjack is near finished since that was basically ported straight across from my standalone version), the cannister gun just needs the skin finishing and I'll code it when I'm done with the flak and stinger. Other than that, everything else still needs modelling, unwrapping, skinning, sounds designed, and coding done, so it's gonna be a while yet.

However, skins are aesthetic in nature, so when I've got everything modelled, unwrapped and coded, I may release a limited beta to get feedback and let you guys test the weapons while I work on the skins, since the skins can easily take upwards of 30 hours each to create.

Slainchild - thanks :D

Swerto

The Founder Of The PL4Y4 H474Z
Jul 29, 2005
could u give us an expexted finish date???

so i can check on this again by that time.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
... about the best I can say is 'when it's done'. I work on this in my free time and it takes a lot of work and effort to make high quality weapons (especially when you're doing everything yourself). I can't give an exact date since I have no idea how long it will take me :)

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
A quick update. Been working on the weapon icons a little and have currently gone for a nice electric blue/white look, similar to the UC2 HUD icons, because they look nice :D

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/icon01.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/icon02.jpg[/screenshot]

Oh... and of course you can see the stinger is in game too ;)

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Kantham said:
Cool to see that 3 are done so far.

Not quite, Cannister gun is in, as is the tarydium sniper and shock rifle, I just don't have them at a stage where I can show screenshots ;) Current progress is as follows:

Enforcers: Concept model completed, will post screens soon when I've tweaked it some more.

Dispersion: Not started yet

Bio: Ditto

Cannister: Modeled, Partially coded, skin in progress

Shock: Fully coded (more or less), some fx textures complete. Needs model still

Ripjack: More or less final, version 1.3 standalone version will be released soon and that will be the version I'll use for HT (hopefully)

Pulse: Model semi-started, still playing with different designs though.

Stinger: Modeled, skin in progress, code basically done bar tweaking and some extra fx

Flak: Modeled, skin in progress, fully coded, some tweaking still to do.

Rox: Not started yet.

Tarydium Sniper: Modeled, not unwrapped yet though, coded mostly.

It's getting there.

cocito - thanks :)

Last edited: