Hybrid Tournament (Screenshots + Info)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

_Lynx

Strategic Military Services
Staff member
Dec 5, 2003
Moscow, Russia
beyondunreal.com
BooGiTyBoY said:
Why would you need matinee cinematics for a weapons replacement mod?

I remember the latest versions of the Strangelove for first UT had a very nice credits matinee, made with Real Time Movie Studio. I didn't played with StrangeLove much, cause included RTMS (in order to play the credits matinee, an extra 2mb to 7Mb of Strangelove) got all my attention. That might be a good idea, if the map won't be very big.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Small update, managed to get round to modelling the shock :D Possibly still subject to changes and alterations, but I quite like it as it is so we'll see...

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ht/shock01.jpg[/screenshot]

carmatic

Jan 31, 2004
top barrel = shock beam
bottom barrel = shock core
?

and i think the 'energy' must be mantained throughout the barrel on its way out of the gun, a simple barrel wont do, like its almost like theres gotta be stuff along the gun to make the shock more powerful as it moves forward on the gun

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
carmatic - pretty much yeah.

And in other news, been playing around with some Enforcer concepts:

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ht/maybeenforcer01.jpg[/screenshot]

[screenshot]http://www.radiant-studios.net/junk/ht/maybeenforcer02.jpg[/screenshot]

Working on another concept model as well. Whether I use either of them is up for debate, and I may go with a more 'classic' style in the end anyway.

BooGiTyBoY

The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR
I like hwat you've done with the enforcers there but I'm more inclined to prefer a more "chunky" rendition. Those look a little too "streamlined". Enforcers always reminded me of the bolt pistols from warhammer 40k. I know you don't want to copy the exact gun from UT but it should be something that if someone pointed it at you... it would make you pretty much soil yer' pantalones as you stared down the fist sized barrel. :D

bolt_pistol.jpg

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Guess my site went down for a while last night. Seems to be ok again now though.

Boogs and Discord - the other concept I'm working on at the moment is more angular rather than smooth, so might fit the bit better :) I'm trying to keep a reasonably unified look to the weapons too though, and since the stinger, ripjack and other weapons are all pretty sleek, the Enforcer would look a little out of place if I made it too bulky and chunky. Will most likely have a render of the new one today sometime.