Hybrid Tournament (Screenshots + Info)

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Uh... I did post here about it, Discord ;)

Current Status: On hold. Haven't really worked on anything for the last month due to total and utter lack of enthusiasm. A crappy 40Gb 5200rpm hard disk combined with an FX5200 graphics card will do that :(

However, I now have a lovely 200Gb SATA150 7200rpm disk and a 6600GT (graphics not installed yet, having issues getting it working with my current setup) so my enthusiasm levels are gradually increasing again :) I have had a couple of people contact me about skinning, so hopefully I'll be back at work on this soon.

Mr. UglyPants

2007 never existed, it was all a dream.
Aug 22, 2005
Canada... eh
good news that he got a 6600 card instead but it isn't working so it could be both bad and good news! Whichever way you look at it!

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
Well people, don't hold your breath for any updates. The 6600 I bought is completely foobar and needs to be sent back to be replaced. So there's pretty much no way in hell I'm going to feel like doing anything much besides watching anime and maybe some random work on avatars or sigs :( I seem to be jinxed; I keep getting faulty hardware. Either that or the standards hardware is produced to now are so low that most hardware is nakkid anyway (wouldn't surprise me at all).

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
It be a mod for UT2004. Wouldn't be much point to it if it was for 2K7, being as some of the weapons I've modelled are in the new game anyway ;) I should have my replacement graphics card mid next week, so you can probably expect some slightly more regular updates after that :)

neilthecellist

Renegade.
May 24, 2004
San Diego, California
www. .
What kind of 6600 was it? Gigabyte? eVGA? Gainward? And was it a GT model? How many megabytes?

My brother has a Gigabyte 6600 256MB 8X AGP that tends to overheat very easily, (obviously, cuz it's fanless and has two huge heatsinks)...

Radiosity

Minty Fresh!
Jan 3, 2003
UK
www.radiant-studios.net
PNY. It was a proper GT6600 128mb 8xAGP DDR3 card, no cheapass crap for me. The 6800's and above are still a bit expensive for my tastes. And it's got a heatsink + fan. And... it wasn't even in the machine long enough to overheat (besides the fact that it has a built in heat sensor and I know it wasn't overheating anyway). And you don't normally get green artifacts all over the screen after 10 seconds of running before locking the system up totally.

The card was screwed, simple as that.

shoptroll

Jan 21, 2004
Heh heh. That'll definitely increase your enthusiasm. I was running a 1.4 ghz Athlon Thunderbird with a Radeon 9600XT, and going from that to an AMD64 3500+ with a 6600GT renewed my interest big time in the game. I had no clue how much better the game could look :)

I'm defintely interested in this weapon pack. I'd love to see a U2DM made, and if I actually had time outside of school right now I'd so do it. Love the idea of combining various elements of the universe into one package :2thumb:

Radiosity said:
Uh... I did post here about it, Discord ;)

Current Status: On hold. Haven't really worked on anything for the last month due to total and utter lack of enthusiasm. A crappy 40Gb 5200rpm hard disk combined with an FX5200 graphics card will do that :(

However, I now have a lovely 200Gb SATA150 7200rpm disk and a 6600GT (graphics not installed yet, having issues getting it working with my current setup) so my enthusiasm levels are gradually increasing again :) I have had a couple of people contact me about skinning, so hopefully I'll be back at work on this soon.

igNiTion

here
Apr 9, 2004
South Carolina
I just purchased an 8x AGP 128 meg DDR3 6600gt (almost exactly the same as yours, Radiosity, except made by Chaintech) about a month ago, and damn it works fine in UT2004. I was coming from a stock fx5200 (also like you...coincidence eh?) that came with my 2-year-old Gateway POS pc.

Heh..the difference was unbelievable though. Going from 640x480 at lowest settings to 1600x1200 at near max settings and getting the same framerate :)