disturbingly differing dynamic displacement damage system of differentiatable doom

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
After playing around with it on the GD server last night, I have decided to run it on my servers as well. I am going to do an update to the servers tonight or this weekend and this will be part of it.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
LOL Odie. Actually, if you keep your server configured like it is now, I have a feeling I am going to be the one losing the players. I've got no problems sharing tho....I will probably start spending more time on EAS now. ;)

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Yeah that was a kick ass time last night I think thats the best settings ive ever played EAS. It was exciting enough to play cause I didnt want to wait 1.5- 2 minutes to play from dying (actually a shorter time to wait then in TDM and DTAS most of the time) and I wasnt bored cause I knew I would always get to play more. Awsome settings I think we hit it on the nails head this time!

I still think Odie should put a message stating that you can press F5 when dead to view other teammates. it beats the hell out of looking at a wall at your spawn. naturally some players will be chatty when dead and thats cool but some like to spectate more.

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
The hit location code seems to have really broken the shotgun as an effective weapon. I fired on 3 bots all bunched up together at >25M. It took all 8 shots.

shan

www.clanterritory.com
Jan 29, 2000
Portland, OR
www.clanterritory.com
NTKB said:
I still think Odie should put a message stating that you can press F5 when dead to view other teammates. it beats the hell out of looking at a wall at your spawn. naturally some players will be chatty when dead and thats cool but some like to spectate more.

You can also hit the primary mouse button to cycle through teammates too, right? Or is that only when you have no respawns remaining?

jayhova

Don't hate me because I'm pretty
Feb 19, 2002
Houston Texas
www.flex.net
shan said:
And that's a good thing, right? I would not think a shotgun should be very effective at long ranges...but I am not a weapons guy so you gurus tell me. :)

Well As I say this was at pretty close range. Maybe 20M or so. At that range a shotgun is quite deadly.

NTKB

Banned
Aug 25, 2001
New Jersey, U.S.A.
Well yurch played for 4-5 hours last night online and I always said theres no better way to see what needs to be coded than by getting your hands dirty in the servers. Hopefully we will see more of him around also ;)

yurch

Swinging the clue-by-four
May 21, 2001
USA, Maryland.
Visit site
Well, I'm not nessesarily going to do it now, but the shotgun has been the basis of many complaints already, everything from it's oversized collision to overly large square shot pattern is keeping it from being even a moderately effective weapon, at least with the tighter hitboxes.
I was tryin to rock it in tuscany but I had better luck with my backup pistol at anything past fifteen meters or so. Peppered alot of people though, but the noise of all those pellets flying past catches attention quickly.

Something like UN17's socom mutator would be appropriate and quite easy for even the beginners - that is, of course, if there are any takers besides me.

Apr 2, 2001
Frankfurt/ Germany
Visit site
yurch said:
Well, I'm not nessesarily going to do it now, but the shotgun has been the basis of many complaints already, everything from it's oversized collision to overly large square shot pattern is keeping it from being even a moderately effective weapon, at least with the tighter hitboxes.

Its not just the Benelli (the MAG 7 is even weaker IMHO)

All non armor piercing weapons are only half way competitive atm by lucky headshots (in face to face encounter), which are less likely with your damage detection.

The shotguns seem to 'work' within a very small range: If you are too close all bullets will hit the same area, at distance most miss completely. Only at 5-15m there is a decent chance to get a first shot kill.

Especially the MAG 7, which needs insane 5 chest hits (thats almost 5 sec. with pump) from close distance against IIIa is hardly worth a recommendation :(

yurch said:
Something like UN17's socom mutator would be appropriate and quite easy for even the beginners - that is, of course, if there are any takers besides me.

That would be great.

Bushwack

Avenged Sevenfold...
Jul 21, 2003
Ohio, NE
Visit site
Try to look at the differences between the benelli and the MAg7.....one is a full sized shotgun, the other is basically a sawed off shotgun, with a box magazine, of course the MAg7 is weaker, but it reloads faster, and its smaller, its just different, and basically,its maker didnt want another benelli clone, if thats what you guys were expecting, no wonder your disappointed.

MP_Duke

Banned
May 23, 2002
www.geocities.com
The m16a4 does not break your 40mm nade yurch, never has. The new one has it's own 40mm for the m16a4 only. Also the rolling m67 mutator doesn't touch your 40mm either.