1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

disturbingly differing dynamic displacement damage system of differentiatable doom

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by yurch, Jun 18, 2004.

1. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

The minimi should have real tracers in INF... 1 of every 5 rounds in the belt look like a tracer round to me...

2. sir_edmond

sir_edmond In my own world

Cleeus, Color tracers existce in our world, but not in game. Yurch is implenting them.
    Nato tracer rounds have bright orange tracers.
    And russian weapons have green tracers.

3. yurch

yurch Swinging the clue-by-four

The way I see it:
    Choosing headgear -> Unrealistic
    Choosing weapon -> Unrealistic
    Choosing attachments -> Unrealistic
    Choosing other equipment -> Unrealistic

I had the leftover artwork from actshun and I figured I'd thow it in as futher player customization. As always it'll be completely optional.

4. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Ok, got self hits with sig+acog and p90+sup. both fully leaned right, while crouched. Again bs4 did not tell which location I was hit, but unarmored areas.

5. {GD}Odie3

{GD}Odie3 You Give Odie a Boner

Yurch -

Do we need an aditional testing session or am I waiting for a newer BS4 beta?

6. yurch

I'm not entirely sure what you mean. Right now I've got nothing significant to update with, as I'm a bit worn out with the tedium of throwing the damned cylinder values around. For my purposes it's running pretty good already, and is always active during my 'internal' sessions for other projects. (in other words, I never turn it off)
    I'll let you guys know when I have further anims added, but the ultimate decision on when to run it, as always, is on the admins. I don't need much more beta testing anymore, usually I can grab the insanityscope and a lucky individual from IRC to pose for me if I need to check on a position.
    Next on the list of anims to do are the standing looking up/down, and then on to the more problematic pistol positions. After that, MOST of the other weapon holding anims will or should match the assaultrifle, with the exception of the rough location of the arms.

7. {GD}Odie3

That pretty much answers my question. You are good to go until you add the next anims.

I might go live with it on {GD} to see how it fairs in real a game.

8. shan

shan www.clanterritory.com

Please let me know how it goes Odie. I will take my cue from you. If it works good on your server, I will toss it up on mine.

9. NTKB

NTKB Banned

There are still major flaws especially with leaning. I would not suggest using this mutator until these are fixed.

10. jayhova

jayhova Don't hate me because I'm pretty

I've noticed that the letheality of 40mm grenades has dropped significantly. I'm using the yurchian grenade mutator. Now I can put a grenade right over the head of the enemy (shooting from the lowest floor in Flagstaff and hitting the skylight above their heads) and get nothing. I've noticed similar effects on other maps.

What mutators should I not use with this? i.e. What mutators are obsolete or incompatable.

11. yurch

As of the later version of BS4 it shouldn't be a problem. Unless of course some other mutator is influencing things, but it's getting to the point where there is so many other mutators running around I have no idea what their effects are. Tell me if you find anything, I won't be able to do much before tonight.
    Specifics on this one are needed, I was under the impression it was working pretty well with the exception of head/arm positions.
    And I am still trying to fix that damned self-shooting thing. Doesn't want to go away.

Argh.

12. {GD}Odie3

I do recall the last time you where on GD Training Server that you saw the "lean" issue. Then you went off to try to get your insanityscope to work online [I think].

Perhaps you did new BS4 after that session? Or am I confused?

13. {GD}Odie3

I am still not sure about it going live with it. But it might give us some good test data if we ran it for one night. However, I would like Yurch to be on to see things first hand.

14. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Yea you were there Yurch ;) We were doing head shots when leaning and it went through the head, also if you shoot the heads position if standing straight but when they are leaning it gets a head hit even though there is nothing there. Shoulder shots and all the arm when leaning misses also. Prone leaning misses alot. Also I think there was a problem when you shot at a downward angle at someone.

15. yurch

I thought that I had updated since then, with the pivoted lean.
    For the sake of sanity I'll just post whatever I have on my computer when I get home tonight.

16. {GD}Odie3

17. jayhova

jayhova Don't hate me because I'm pretty

These are the mutators I currently have loaded.

INF-
    Rolling m67
    C7
    M16A4 Weapon
    SilentCapture
    AimView

Yurch-
    New40mm compatible bullet flight sounds
    New grenade types
    Bullet sounds with tracers

The problems with the 40mm nades seem to be pattern density related. When the hit area was bigger there was plenty of hitbox to penetrate. Now I can put several within 2 meters of a group and not get a kill. This is quite demonstrable on flagstaff if you set up a bot game with your team on the lower floor. Target the ceiling on the top floor above the escalator. When the grenade explodes unless the bots are on top of the railing they will likely come out unscathed.

18. yurch

You're running both BS3 and BS4? Why? That's the first thing you want to remove.
    Rolling m67 'breaks' yurchian hand grenades on occasion and the m16a4 also can break things - I don't fully know what it does to nades yet.

The hitbox check should not be occuring for 40mm shrapnel, the shapnel should not be getting replaced with my bullets. If it is, you're either using an outdated version or I'm screwing something up. A telltale sign is with alltracers on, and the 40mm spawns a bunch of very visible shrapnel. That should not happen.

19. yurch

Alright, here is what's sitting on my harddrive. I hope I didn't inadvertantly break something.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  20. {GD}Odie3

Currently running on {GD} Training server. P/W bs4