AliensINV

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akalamanaia

Systemlord
Dec 19, 2003
i think so =P. Hmmmmm nobody figured out how to make the queen immobilise and grow egg sack and start laying eggs wich are triggered to release facehugger and then impregnate players?

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
it's possible

but a sack model and new Queen animations would be needed;

Queen Animation = Weird position like, i dno - and like a realse from sack animation +++ idle breathin in wierd position

it could work like the Titan from Unreal gettin out of a chair, and to lay eggs, jus put a sawn point uder the sack

or something along those lines =/

Akalamanaia

Systemlord
Dec 19, 2003
Hehe i just put a Minigun sentinel and flamethrower at POC of the Colony map, nothing could get near me =o. I just need a way to get SMD to 3dsmax Readable format so it preserves bone and animation information, then i could get Egg and Sentry gun to 3dsmax readalbe format. Enyways the alien AI gotta be improved, they sometimes get stuck at floor below me and never get to the upper floor.

Last edited:

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
Akalamanaia said:
Hehe i just put a Minigun sentinel and flamethrower at POC of the Colony map, nothing could get near me =o. I just need a way to get SMD to 3dsmax Readable format so it preserves bone and animation information, then i could get Egg and Sentry gun to 3dsmax readalbe format. Enyways the alien AI gotta be improved, they sometimes get stuck at floor below me and never get to the upper floor.

lol - trust me - w/ the bugs i made - 4 miniguns and a flamethrower turrets is about what you need, otherwise your screwed yo. ^_^

i tend to get in a small room / corner. put miniguns at the side. and one in the middle. a flame thrower at the back to defend the turrets, and the bots to go in front to act as bate... but as soon as they die.... youza goner

soon as the queen / king / praetorian come you got to set up sentinels in lots of rooms, and run about w/ a shotgun shooting their legs, other wise you'll get riped to shreads.

sorry - i'v had a break from it.. just being play testing them ^_^

EDIT: and it'snot the AI - it would be the level's bot pathing. in some maps they are tooo smart =/ . they will try and get behind you by running floor above and come round back of you.

Last edited:

Akalamanaia

Systemlord
Dec 19, 2003
Praetorians?all i got is facehuggers, xenomorphs(drones), Queens. Enyways the Pulse Rifle Model was made from boxes(not taken from avp2 by the way, only the skin applied to it),ill convert a pulse rifle model from Ns(fanmade model).someone gotta reskin the hands thou..hmph i replaced the current avp2 rifle in ut2003 with the NS fanmade model, well ingame its inivisible...

Last edited:

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
just dropping by to see how things are going :)
Anyhow the problems with the Aliens is not there AI but the path Noding on the level, I will be fixing this soon but I am right now trying to decide how to finish the other room on the map and add in more. any comments and suggestion you can make are welcome ;)

Akalamanaia

Systemlord
Dec 19, 2003
This is the idea i like:

There is hordes of aliens, but this i dont like:where they come from?. There is no mark of battle or dead hosts enywhere. So what ya should do is add somekind of hive area where ya can find persons glued to wall and lots of eggs wich would hatch huggers, at very end there would be the queen. So there would be only handful of the aliens, something like 20 or 10, but there would be hundreds glued persons on the wall, some impregnated. Then the chestbursters come out some time later and will mature soon, then the drones hibernate in the hive(they don't know the marines are there), then the marines get in, kill alien/chestburster/facehugger and wake up the hive, then invasion truely starts.(Aliens start looking for the Retreating marines). This what we should like try to go for..

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
yah this is a simple mutator made by Mr wong, and we should not push him to fast or he might decide to stop work on it since it has become to much for him to work on. just enjoy the current build and wait for the next version to come out. :D

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Barn, ive got one really important suggestion: Please dont make the level flow like a DM level. I doubt youre going all ape**** with making sure you can get to anywhere from where youre standing, but if at any time you start to think 'maybe i should add another hall so players dont keep running into dead ends...' ill send a pack of ninjas to beat the crap out of you.
My most favorite thing about the map is that you can get backed into a corner with no way out but through a hail of bodyparts, all the while aliens seem to be coming out of the freaking walls as fast as you can shoot them down.

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
Nice one - but on the first floor - there was a zone texture that was .. um, not made invisable - *too long since iv used editor - cant remember what you call it lol*

and a bsp error beside it buut, i no longer get stuck in the vents at one particular bit , and the added detial is lookin nice - can't wait for next version ^_^

P.S ; MERRRY CHRISTMASS ALLLL!!!!!!!!!!!

P.P.S: will try to finish off the other aliens for later on tonight - as a xmas gift ^_^

P.P.P.S: I got dumped on xmas eve - what fun ^_^ =/ :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.