AliensINV

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
i lied! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I didnt think id have stuff to do during everyone elses christmas break, so i figured id have time to dink around with animations and other ideas, but i got all caught up in the season and havent had the focus to add any. Im getting on it though :p And anyway, since when have i been on time? ;)

Edit: As always, suggestions are not only welcome, but needed :p And let me celebrate, for this is my 512th post! ;)

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
I really like this map. Are you planning on doing the interior of the APC? I do get some slowdown though, since it seems that the whole map is one zone... But im sure that is coming after you get the whole layout done, so im not gonna complain.
I will complain about the spare pawn you left sitting around. Gorge and his clone only manage to make it tougher on me with the extra xenos they bring with them ;)

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
yeah thats the robot :) and I am going to later replace the bike with a better model :)

I am right now working on the other vehicals from the movie and will soon have them done.

About the APS bulding the inside of it is going to have to wait until I get some more pics of the inside of that building.

So for now I am going to work on finishing up the main colony then get into the marines APC and Drive over to it and start on the APS

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
I finally figured out how to add Anim Notifies with the #exec commands, so now they hit you when it looks like they should, instead of at the very beginning of the animation. I also added an idle crouching animation, but since theyre almost always in motion youll be hard pressed to actually notice it :p new crouching attack animations are in the works now, so i guess thats something to look forward to :p

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Ok, i need some help deciding something halfway important. Since it takes me forever to get an animation looking good, i dont want to have to make two different versions of the same one and then pick which i like more, so im gonna post two pics and ask you guys which you think would make a better standing movement animation. (The light gray lines are the center of the model, FYI)

The first one is more 'humanlike', standing more upright. Its more or less 'balanced' (im just going off of a line i put through the middle of it to represent its center of balance, im not a professional so for all i know i could be very wrong) but considering the subject, it seems a bit unnatural. On the upside though, the majority of the bug's body will stay within the confines of its collision cylinder.

The second one is more hunched over. It kinda looks like itll tip over, but not too much ;) IMO it looks a bit more like what i can remember from the movies/games. With this animation its likely that parts of the bug will stick outside of its collision cylinder (which can mean missed shots even though they look like a clean hit)

Or, if both of these are no good, give me some pointers! Just remember, that if you suggest some ridiculous pose, youll see it a whole lot because most of the attack animations will have to transition in and out of this pose... so dont ask me to make it grab its crotch :p

edit: Ignore the tail, i thought it best not to anger the beast by cutting its tail out of the pic even though it isnt counted as a part of the model

Last edited:

RCvie

I like to watch
Jan 2, 2004
Australia
And now I find the Alien-inv mod. So long ago I posted in the AvP mod forums on gamegossip. I just wanted to shoot some aliens as a mod but then others had grand ideas at making a full blown conversion. Driving me crazy.
As soon as I wake up in the arvo I'll give your mod a go.
Just by the way, I've made an alien egg hollow and am trying to fit bones to it to open. Was somebody working on a new bones setup for the face hugger? I could use that thank you. In 3D max that is.

RCvie

I like to watch
Jan 2, 2004
Australia
Hey the Doctor is in.
I'd go for door number two. Although it does look like he's squating for a s#!~. He just looks like he's about to sit on a crapper that's all.
You have to work on your centre of gravity.
Put the hips in line with the ankles. Raise the hands and angle back the elbows a touch.

Last edited:

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Human-like aliens = bad.
Go for the second. Maybe let him lean forward on his legs a little more.
edit: basically the last line RCvie just added to his previous post.

Last edited:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Try as I may, i cant get ahold of any info on how to export a model. WOTgreal says it can, but it just hangs when i try to, so no dice there :/ I think I know someone who can help me out, but he hasnt been around for two weeks now... so giving the facehugger an upgrade, if it happens at all, will take a while.

Heres a new pic, ignore the fact that theres a man in the aliens place. I tried to follow your instructions RCvie, but im sure i fell short by a little.

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
Looking better, but I think you could still have his hips more directly above his feet. Keep in mind that he also has a tail to help ballance.

Status
Not open for further replies.