AliensINV

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilDrWong

Every line of code elevates you
Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Yeah, itll be ready for christmas. Im trying out a couple experimental ideas as to semi-addons, as well as playing around with new animations. Im not sure what to do with the aliens though, so any suggestions would be great :) I know the queen needs work, but otherwise im satisfied with the drones.
I cant use MIRC actually :p im on a shared connection and my brother has the mirc ports routed to his computer. I could get on when his computer is off, but the liklihood of that happening are slim to none :p

Smoke39

whatever
Jun 2, 2001
I like that idea. It'd be fun to see baby aliens bursting from your team mates' chests.

adv1

Dec 7, 2002
www.advanceone.co.uk
Inspired by Alien Invasion, I decided to buy Alien vs Predator 2 the other day, and I'm enjoying it a lot - awesome game.

For some reason the original A vs P didn't really grab me, but I really like this one.

Very scary at times, and the attention to detail is impressive - for instance, that scene where you're a baby alien actually inside someone's chest and have to eat your way out.... :eek:

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
adv1 said:
... that scene where you're a baby alien actually inside someone's chest and have to eat your way out.... :eek:
Best level intro EVER! At first i was like "what the... where the hell am I?" then it hit me... and forever thatll be etched in my mind as the coolest level intro in the history of videogames :) The rest of the level was frustrating to the max... but starting off, yeah, that was rad.

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
Hi, um I'm new here but I jus found your Alien's invasion mod and wow, very gd. It reminds me of a lil mutator i made for HOB's corpse mania. i changed the zombies to KeeK's Alien for AngelHearts, LV-426 * many of the brushes and textures of the colony level postd here are taken from that - very good work btw - i would like to see an outdoor area for taht level ^_^*

anyway nice work -I especially like it when the queen alien sorta, disappears, many a time i sh*t myself when it fell through the floor above me, as if it had melted the floor.
I'v bn searching for a mod like this for ages - and i'm lookin forward to the zombies too ;) - anyway to the point. I got alot of spare time the next few weeks and I would like to try to get more types of aliens for you. *there are runners, damged aliens, Empresses, Kings, Praetorians, PredBugs models by EvilEngine that I could try and get for you into the Hoard Contrler. I've already made a few monster's for myself for Kangs wave editor - mainly trying to convert UT monster's - eg Marathon monsters etc. but some have failed.

sh1t - i rable .

if no one understood that here is the jist

#1 : will try to make more Alien types for all at Wod Mod Pod
#2 : I'm not very good so don't expect it to work / be good.
#3 : Hope i'm not being intrusive - i just really want to be part of something like this since I've always wanted to make an Aliens orientated Mod for Ut2k3.

#4: ^_^ sorry for the long meaningless post

EDIT: knew i forgot something - I made a map similar to the Colony one for UT. but half way during completion, my HD got wiped. always wanted to try again, so I could try and make it again - If i still remember how to use UeD for mapping.

Last edited:

barnEbiss

Jul 8, 2001
uskaarj.beyondunreal.com
First you are wrong about the brushes I made all of those based off of photos from aliens and of AH map design ;) but I am using Angelharts textures. And I have his permission to use his textures and brushes if I want to. But I am sticking to making my own meshes for the moment ;)

Also this is not a mod team or a mod it is just a simple “Mutator” for a few of us on the forum, who want to blast aliens in Ut2k3. So plz don’t spread the word about this. But any help you want to contribute to this little Mutator is welcome.

Also once I am done with the inside of the map I will do the outside
Also there are BSP problems with the build of the map I last updated so that is why you will see units in the floor in some places, I fixed those in the new build.

Welcome to Buf and enjoy your stay ;)

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
UPDATE:

Following pawns are ingame:
Drone
*Damaged Drone
*Alternative Drone
Predalien
*Predalien Drone
Runner
Praetorian

All of these have new sounds, and have changed scale of some for more realistic effect, also made Predalien's lunges more powerful, and runner's less powerful.

I'm not sure how to change the health, and i also need to figure out how to make a SpeciesSoundGroup - so random sounds are played instead of the same one *only know how to get it to play one sound, not random sounds for pain, attack, death etc.*

Also need to figure out how to make a custom gib class. and then add the Empress , new Queen, and King pawns

they sound & look good ingame

EDIT: any tips would be very much appreciated =]

Last edited:

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
UPDATE:

Following pawns are ingame:
*Drone
- Damaged Drone
- Alternative Drone
*Predalien
- Predalien Drone
*Runner
*Praetorian
*Queen
- King
- Empress

All of these have new sounds except the king as he shares the Queen and Empress sounds. 'Realistic' pawn properties; eg. Runner is faster, can't jump that far, and low health. Predalien is slower, can jump further, reasonably slow. Empress + King, slowish, very powerful, loads of health.
This makes invasion alot tougher which imo is good ^_^

I really like the runner with DrWong's Crouch animation :D
- suit's it really well.

EDIT: any tips would be very much appreciated =] since i still need to figure out how to make a SpeciesSoundGroup, Also still need to figure out how to make a custom gib class.

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
Monsters dont need SpeciesSoundGroups. I find it kinda screwy that EE decided to use one for the aliens, especially since the sounds that would be used are already covered in a couple short arrays in the Monster class anyway. As for the gibs, it depends on which class youre extending. If youre subbing EDWAlien then dont bother with normal gibs, make a new child of EDWDamagingGib and stick those into the new alien's DamageGibs[] array. I use projectiles instead, since gibs are handled clientside and can be turned off. I need the aliens to shoot their gibs no matter what, cause itd be really frustrating if you kept getting killed by invisible acid gibs ;)

Fallen Angel

Artist in Training
Dec 13, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
www.sash-clan.co.uk
barnEbiss said:
hey Fallen Angel if you wanted to help out with my map I could use a few meshs for it. :)

If i knew how yo make meshes i would do it for you ^_^

once i'm finished with the aliens, which i nearly am, I'm going to try and model a new face hugger , with a working skeleton, and animate it. it's quite strange having the hugger sliding along the floor =/

but there's no garantee that i can do this. but i'd like to try. ^_^

and DocWong, I created a new subclass of your damagingibs - but i'm not sure how to implement it into the code

I've created a new Head gib - since you're one used a normal calf big - instead of an alien head. i've change it to 'bug.DamageDroneHead', but i'm not sure what to do in the script...
Code:
	if(HitBone == 'head')
		{
	//		log("Head:"@HitBone);
			ActualDamage*=HeadAbsorb;
			if(ActualDamage>=TearThreshold*2&&!bLostHead)
			{
				SetHeadScale(0.0);
				bLostHead=True;
				ActualDamage=Health+1;
				bInstantKill=True;
				PlaySound(sound'bugsound.Death_RL',SLOT_Pain);
				boneCoords=GetBoneCoords('head');
				SpawnDamagingGib(GetDamageGibClass(EGT_Head), boneCoords.Origin, rotator(x), 0.5 );
			}
		}

I've tried various things, but errors always come up. =/

anyhelp? thanks ^_^

EvilDrWong

Jun 16, 2001
Inside the machine
Visit site
I try to make things as easy for me to edit later on as possible, so i always make sure to use variables for anything that might need changing later on. the DamagingGibs array is the de facto list that the aliens get their gib types from, so just add your gibs into the array in the required slot (they follow the same setup as the xPawnGibGroup, so it goes: Calf, Forearm, Hand, Head, Torso, and UpperArm... in that order)
PS: sorry for being a smartass before i editted the post :(

Last edited:

Akalamanaia

Systemlord
Dec 19, 2003
How do i get rid of aliens with pulse rifles?all i want is aliens that use claws and tail and pounce and facehuggers and the queen ofcourse?

Status
Not open for further replies.