UWindow2 Development Blog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
ps, if you want to be a spelling/grammar nazi you could at least produce a proper sentence: "And also" is redundant; "Why you spelled" should be "Why did you spell ..." or "You spelled ..."; and lastly, it's "with an s"
I don't, but since you're going to get uppity about it, let's do your post too: You forgot to properly put periods for your post script as well as properly capitalizing them - P.S. :)

elmuerte

Master of Science
Jan 25, 2000
the Netherlands
elmuerte.com
I don't, but since you're going to get uppity about it, let's do your post too: You forgot to properly put periods for your post script as well as properly capitalizing them - P.S. :)

oh ffs...

It's either "post scriptum" (original Latin) or "postscript" (one word).
And no, "ps" is correct, "PS" and "P.S." are also correct. Actually, if you refer to "postscript" then PS or ps is the only correct form because it's a single word.

Last edited:

oakz

Feb 23, 2008
[SAS]Solid Snake;2141217 said:
Download Link

Here's another progress release for your enjoyment. Let me know if you have any problems. Should be just copy and paste into your UT directory. I've used the sub config directory now, so I won't be overriding your config directories.

Thanks, it works perfectly!

and yay 1st post :)

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95780&stc=1&d=1213191266[/SCREENSHOT]

- Components are now able to also apply an alignment onto themselves horizontally and vertically (left, center, right or top, middle, bottom)
- Fixed mouse cursor reverting back to default cursor when hoving over other components that used the same cursor
- Adjusted the way the combo boxes worked
- Created a toggle component which can toggle between different numbers of styles. These were used to create the check boxes.

Jrubzjeknf

Registered Coder
Mar 12, 2004
The Netherlands
Looking good as usual.

Could you please put this on the optional list: the ability to specify alternating colors for list rows. If the rows are wide, different colors enhance the readability. :)

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Looking good, just a couple nitpicky things:
The menu cells next to the Texture detail stuff are just placeholders aren't they? To adjust between 1 and 5 a slider works way better IMO...
Also, I think the checkboxes should be aligned to the left... :D

:tup:

CPTStewart

May 10, 2008
For the texture detail and world detail choices are you going to keep the numbers 1-5 or will you have a dropdown with choices like, "very low, low, medium, high, very high"?

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
The menu cells next to the Texture detail stuff are just placeholders aren't they?

Placeholders yes, I'm going to work on the sliders tomorrow.

Alright before I get any more questions about the theme/skin or how I've placed things, please remember that uWindows2 is themeable/skinable. If you do not like how I've placed some of the components, or how I've done some of the graphics you're able to change it yourself to suit your own needs.

Last edited:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95786&stc=1&d=1213289162[/SCREENSHOT]

- Added a scrollable panel. Still have not quite finished it, but label components are now able to be smoothly scrolled using this. This 'fixes' the problem where lists were often going out of the window frame when the window frame was too small to contain it. Images can also be partially rendered to achieve a smooth scrolling system. Actions are also handled appropriately
- Removed various redundant configuration options, and shifted them to the style sheet system (such as text padding, and text color)
- Changed the style sheet system to use strict typed parameters instead of loose strings. This is so that a lot more errors can be parsed by Unreal Engine instead of hiding the errors.
- Added another parameter to the coordinate system called 'Scroll'. This is used to achieve the smooth scrolling effect.

ihaulchems

May 26, 2008
Im using windows xp pro and still cant get it to work.I just get a flash of the batchfile.
Maybe Im not installing it right.Mr. Snake will you please include a readme file with specific instructions or would someone that has theirs working do so or send me a link?I cant wait to see it working!!!!!!!

ihaulchems

May 26, 2008
Ok OK got it its working!!!!!!!!! looks great!! Load time is awsome!!!!!!!!. I cant wait to get the finished product.