UWindow2 Development Blog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Doesn't work (installed properly, with the UTEngine.ini changes)
I could open the console on top of the screenshot (F10) and exit.

Attachments

• ScreenShot00000.jpg
    ScreenShot00000.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 84

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
Uhm.. I think it will be better to use -configsubdir instead of overwriting files :)

And I have the same problem here: flickering display, cursor trail and working console
Also a lot of messages in the log:
Code:
ScriptWarning: UW_Hud EnvyEntry.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UW_Hud_0 (Function UWindow.UW_Hud:InternalOnReceivedNativeInputAxis:0081) Accessed None 'RootComponent'

Last edited:

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Uhm.. I think it will be better to use -configsubdir instead of overwriting files :)
Yeah, overwriting files isn't nice... Might also be better if it supported the My Documents setup aswell...

I can't get it launched, when I start the game the normal UI is shown in low resolution, asking me to type the CD key, which I don't have at this moment... :p

Looks like a good work from the screenshots, though... :tup:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Like I said, I have no idea how to properly release anything for UT3 as Epic have really seemed to left this up to us to figure out. Even the UDN says nothing. There's also no nice methods of installing/packaging.

Anyways, it's a snapshot release, so it's just whats taken from my HDD. Ok, the log report has helped, so I have an idea what's going on ... may be.

Oh, did you guys start the game using the batch file or did you use something else to start the game? I left the -unpublished flags on within the batch file.

Sir_Brizz

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 3, 2000
The UDN says something about using an executable or zip I think. UMOD has been done away with, sadly.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Which is just crap advice if you ask me. Users don't want to fiddle files and so forth which causes this exact issue. An installer is always the best option. It appears that the problems that some people are facing is the fact that I never booted UT3 without being in development mode, that is to say, the god awful 'My Documents' system that UT3 introduced is causing issues as to where it is looking for files.

I never used this system from the start, but I can see how it is causing issues for some people.

After all this, it turns out it was a missing file. I also figured out why the original snap shot release was so darn big. It turns out that I had an audio file in there, UT2004's original music, and that took up 40mb's on its own! Which is just insane. Anyways, heres a new version that's smaller and has all of the files.

Download

Thanks very much for those who tried testing it earlier. Thanks to Jrubzjeknf for helping me to get this snapshot release up and running.

Last edited:

WGH

Jan 22, 2006
Moscow, Russia
wgh.ath.cx
...when I start the game the normal UI is shown in low resolution, asking me to type the CD key...
You forgot to change Map and LocalMap. See this post.

Oh, did you guys start the game using the batch file or did you use something else to start the game? I left the -unpublished flags on within the batch file.
I used my own method with -configsubdir. Also I moved the .u file in the Published dir. And I pretty sure that problem is somewhere else

Edit: oops, it's already fixed :D

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Yup. Instaled everything in C:\Unreal Tournament 3 and subdirs, and used the .bat file to launch the game...

Some textures from custom maps look black in my comp because I run the game on lowest detail settings, maybe that's why the background does not load properly? (probably not... :p)

Rohit

May 29, 2008
Just tried it and it works in fullscreen. I see you put fan wallpaper.

Little problem encountered so far - the game doesn't detect any custom maps nor the three maps from the recent Bonus Pack.

Otherwise - looking good.

EDIT: Something I'd like implemented that you may already have in mind - doubleclicking on a gametype opens the Maps tab, and doubleclicking on a map opens the Mutators tab.

Last edited:

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
I have my UT not installed the default way so logically none of this works here... i will go through all the ini files later... or test it on a bogus system.

Nice that u released it anyways! :)

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
[SAS]Solid Snake;2136376 said:
Which is just crap advice if you ask me. Users don't want to fiddle files and so forth which causes this exact issue. An installer is always the best option. It appears that the problems that some people are facing is the fact that I never booted UT3 without being in development mode, that is to say, the god awful 'My Documents' system that UT3 introduced is causing issues as to where it is looking for files.

Perhaps you could try NSIS installer, Im considering it for when I release my mutator pack in final form. Reason why Im thinking an installer, not just so users dont have to stuff around with files is for updates. If I release an update and someone forgets to delete something etc it could cause glitches which I wont be able to replicate in a hurry.