1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UWindow2 Development Blog

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by [SAS]Solid Snake, Feb 3, 2008.

1. DDRRE

DDRRE Flesh is a design flaw.

Doesn't work (installed properly, with the UTEngine.ini changes)
    I could open the console on top of the screenshot (F10) and exit.

Attached Files:

2. Crotale

Crotale _________________________ _______________

Cool stuff. Will have to try this out on the weekend.

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  3. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

I'm getting the same problem as DDRRE.

4. WGH

WGH New Member

Uhm.. I think it will be better to use -configsubdir instead of overwriting files :)

And I have the same problem here: flickering display, cursor trail and working console
    Also a lot of messages in the log:
    Code:
    ScriptWarning: UW_Hud EnvyEntry.TheWorld:PersistentLevel.UW_Hud_0 (Function UWindow.UW_Hud:InternalOnReceivedNativeInputAxis:0081) Accessed None 'RootComponent'

5. Jrubzjeknf

Jrubzjeknf Registered Coder

I'll be online tonight, maybe I can help you testing this baby on another machine. :)

6. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Can't get it working at all... and worse yet, it seems to think I'm Snake suddenly when I launch the game normally. :p

7. G.Lecter

G.Lecter Registered Tester

Yeah, overwriting files isn't nice... Might also be better if it supported the My Documents setup aswell...

I can't get it launched, when I start the game the normal UI is shown in low resolution, asking me to type the CD key, which I don't have at this moment... :p

Looks like a good work from the screenshots, though... :tup:

8. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Like I said, I have no idea how to properly release anything for UT3 as Epic have really seemed to left this up to us to figure out. Even the UDN says nothing. There's also no nice methods of installing/packaging.

Anyways, it's a snapshot release, so it's just whats taken from my HDD. Ok, the log report has helped, so I have an idea what's going on ... may be.

Oh, did you guys start the game using the batch file or did you use something else to start the game? I left the -unpublished flags on within the batch file.

9. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

The UDN says something about using an executable or zip I think. UMOD has been done away with, sadly.

10. [SAS]Solid Snake

[SAS]Solid Snake New Member

Which is just crap advice if you ask me. Users don't want to fiddle files and so forth which causes this exact issue. An installer is always the best option. It appears that the problems that some people are facing is the fact that I never booted UT3 without being in development mode, that is to say, the god awful 'My Documents' system that UT3 introduced is causing issues as to where it is looking for files.

I never used this system from the start, but I can see how it is causing issues for some people.

After all this, it turns out it was a missing file. I also figured out why the original snap shot release was so darn big. It turns out that I had an audio file in there, UT2004's original music, and that took up 40mb's on its own! Which is just insane. Anyways, heres a new version that's smaller and has all of the files.

Download

Thanks very much for those who tried testing it earlier. Thanks to Jrubzjeknf for helping me to get this snapshot release up and running.

11. WGH

WGH New Member

You forgot to change Map and LocalMap. See this post.

I used my own method with -configsubdir. Also I moved the .u file in the Published dir. And I pretty sure that problem is somewhere else

Edit: oops, it's already fixed :D

12. G.Lecter

Just installed the new version. I'm getting the same thing as DDRRE and Slain... :(

13. Jrubzjeknf

Did you download this? And did you put the files in your UT3 base directory?

14. G.Lecter

Yup. Instaled everything in C:\Unreal Tournament 3 and subdirs, and used the .bat file to launch the game...

Some textures from custom maps look black in my comp because I run the game on lowest detail settings, maybe that's why the background does not load properly? (probably not... :p)

15. Jrubzjeknf

Hmm, I did made it run in windowed mode by changing the command line. Try that. You need to append: -windowed

16. Rohit

Rohit New Member

Just tried it and it works in fullscreen. I see you put fan wallpaper.

Little problem encountered so far - the game doesn't detect any custom maps nor the three maps from the recent Bonus Pack.

Otherwise - looking good.

EDIT: Something I'd like implemented that you may already have in mind - doubleclicking on a gametype opens the Maps tab, and doubleclicking on a map opens the Mutators tab.

17. Dark Pulse

Dark Pulse Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.

Works just fine for me... :)

[screenshot]http://screenshot.xfire.com/screenshot/natural/674f190552b75b8e6c359cc8c0badcecd860808a.png[/screenshot]

18. iCQ

iCQ Softice/MASM reverse engineer

I have my UT not installed the default way so logically none of this works here... i will go through all the ini files later... or test it on a bogus system.

Nice that u released it anyways! :)

19. MonsOlympus

MonsOlympus Active Member

Perhaps you could try NSIS installer, Im considering it for when I release my mutator pack in final form. Reason why Im thinking an installer, not just so users dont have to stuff around with files is for updates. If I release an update and someone forgets to delete something etc it could cause glitches which I wont be able to replicate in a hurry.

20. Jrubzjeknf

If you do that, make sure you put the script up on UnrealWiki. :D