UWindow2 Development Blog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Softice/MASM reverse engineer
Dec 29, 2003
The Netherlands
www.6000068.tk
I didn't catch the original thread, Snake. What's this you're making now?

HEEEY SLEEPLESS (=go'ol vctf king) u here also now? :)

He made a thread about this awhile ago, but the Big Crash of 2008 erased it.

tell me about it :-(

[SAS]Solid Snake;2134907 said:
I don't play UT3 online as my ping is pretty horrible.

That was i was afraid of... so many aussies 'suffer' from that problem, tho in the weekends there are some cool (active/filled) asian servers, cant recall the names anymore tho...

Anyhow... thanks a BUNCH for your work on the Uwindow project, me and many others are water-mouthing waiting for you to release a useable version. :)

Take care sir!

Last edited:

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Update, pushing on with getting the progress release done.

The game type list now works, and theres also interaction between the two independent tabs. Changing a game type will also change the map list. Basic feature, but it's done without too much hard coding.

[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95680&stc=1&d=1211883155[/SCREENSHOT]

Looks a bit prettier as I did some new graphics for the tab components. Suppose all I have to do now is link up the 'Start' button, and then add another two tabs for 'mutators' and 'bots'.

Code:
[canvas UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=background-image:UWindowResource.MaterialInstance.Background
Ln=background-coordinates:0.f,0.f,1.f,0.768f
Ln=dimensions:0.f,0.f,1.f,1.f

[tabpanel UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=dimensions:0.f,0.f,1.f,0.9.f

[buttonbar UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=dimensions:0.f,0.f,1.f,0.1.f
Ln=background-image:UWindowResource.RaisedBacking
Ln=background-style:stretched

[button UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=dimensions:1.f,1.f,45,16
Ln=margin:-49,-20,0,0
Ln=background-image:UWindowResource.Texture.Button_Active

[panel UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=padding:2,2,-4,-4
Ln=background-image:UWindowResource.Texture.TabFrame

[maplist UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=padding:2,2,-4,-4

[mapimage UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=dimensions:0.f,0.25f,1.f,0.5f
Ln=margin:2,2,-4,-4

[window UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=background-image:UWindowResource.Texture.WindowFrame
Ln=dimensions:0.25f,0.25f,0.5f,0.5f
Ln=padding:4,14,-8,-18

[tabtext UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=dimensions:0.f,0.f,1.f,16
Ln=background-image:UWindowResource.Texture.Tab

[text UW_StyleSheet]
Ln=dimensions:0.f,0.f,1.f,16

[text UW_Component_Label]
Text="Test text"
TextPadding=3,3,3,3
StyleSheetNames=text

[tabtext UW_Component_Label]
TextPadding=3,3,3,3
StyleSheetNames=tabtext

[window_botmatch UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=window
AlignmentClassName="UWindow.UW_Alignment_Vertical"
BoundsDefinitions=(Dimensions="0.f,0.f,1.f,1.f",Actions=((ActionClassName="UWindow.UW_Action_BringToTop",Parameters="")))
BoundsDefinitions=(Dimensions="0.f,0.f,1.f,10",Margin="4,4,-8,0",Actions=((ActionClassName="UWindow.UW_Action_Drag",Parameters="")))
BoundsDefinitions=(Dimensions="0.f,0.f,4,1.f",Actions=((ActionClassName="UWindow.UW_Action_ResizeL",Parameters="")))
BoundsDefinitions=(Dimensions="0.f,0.f,1.f,4",Actions=((ActionClassName="UWindow.UW_Action_ResizeT",Parameters="")))
BoundsDefinitions=(Dimensions="1.f,0.f,4,1.f",Margin="-4,0,0,0",Actions=((ActionClassName="UWindow.UW_Action_ResizeR",Parameters="")))
BoundsDefinitions=(Dimensions="0.f,1.f,1.f,4",Margin="0,-4,0,0",Actions=((ActionClassName="UWindow.UW_Action_ResizeB",Parameters="")))
ChildComponents=tabpanel
ChildComponents=buttonbar

[startbutton UW_Component_Label]
StyleSheetNames=button
Text="Start"
TextPadding=12,2,3,3
TextColor=0,0,0,255

[buttonbar UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=buttonbar
ChildComponents=startbutton

[tabpanel UW_Component_Tabs]
StyleSheetNames=tabpanel
TabHeight=16
TabClassName="tabtext"
TabNames="Gametype"
TabNames="Map"
ChildComponents=gametypepanel
ChildComponents=mappanel

[mappanel UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=panel
AlignmentClassName="UWindow.UW_Alignment_Horizontal"
ChildComponents=mapimage
ChildComponents=maplist

[maplist UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=maplist
DataProviderClassName="UWindow.UW_DataProvider_MapList"
DataProviderParameters="label-class:text"
DataProviderParameters="game-type:DM"
DataProviderParameters="image-component:../mapimage"

[mapimage UW_Component_Image]
StyleSheetNames=mapimage
AspectRatio=0.5f

[gametypepanel UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=panel
AlignmentClassName="UWindow.UW_Alignment_Horizontal"
ChildComponents=gametypeimage
ChildComponents=gametypelist

[gametypelist UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=maplist
DataProviderClassName="UWindow.UW_DataProvider_GameTypeList"
DataProviderParameters="label-class:text"
DataProviderParameters="game-type:CTF"
DataProviderParameters="image-component:../gametypeimage"
DataProviderParameters="maplist-component:../../mappanel/maplist"

[gametypeimage UW_Component_Image]
StyleSheetNames=mapimage
AspectRatio=0.5f

[canvas UW_Component]
StyleSheetNames=canvas

Attachments

• uWindow27052008.jpg
    uWindow27052008.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
So like, custom gametypes and maps will be a go in those lists I take it? Just checkin ;)

Comin along nicely by the looks, keep it up dude, sooo looking forward to this :D

That stylesheet thingo you got going is getting pretty complex now as well, I imagine its straight forward enough once you get the gist :cool:

MonsOlympus

May 27, 2004
Ahh yups, I was just wondering because of the datastores n stuff. Like if you got it hooked up right it should show custom stuff pretty easy. I agree though concentrate on getting it going how you like then make it more flexible ;)

RennyManJr

Hater in Rehab
Jan 20, 2008
Modena, Italy
www.runesofwar.net
[SAS]Solid Snake;2135372 said:
Suppose all I have to do now is link up the 'Start' button, and then add another two tabs for 'mutators' and 'bots'.
Don't forget the game rules tab ;)

I'm really glad you will be making tabs for those functions, i think the current position for the mutators list on the retail ui is very bad. Heck, It's invisible! I always forget to check it (and the game doesn't keep utcomp active after restart, so it's even worst).

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95698&stc=1&d=1211983430[/SCREENSHOT]

Almost there :) You can now select the gametype, the map you want to play and finally the list of mutators you want. It's pretty barebones, but it's a good start.

Attachments

• uWindow29052008.jpg
    uWindow29052008.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 203

ihaulchems

May 26, 2008
my comments

hey snake the work is awsome and I hope that it doesnt stop.The name of the game is fuctionallity.I just hope someone more intelligent than I will fix all the meyham that epic has left in their wake.I never thought that epic and the whole gang would forget their roots in pc gaming.:( I know the big bucks are in console but the base is in PC.Ill be playing mopre when the interface is more like UT99 and the features are comparable......thanks sake for keeping hope alive!!!!!!!!

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Thanks for keeping it up Snake. :tup:
Can you tell us if the menu loading time is over with this?

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
Download Here
UTEngine.ini

Admittingly, I have no idea how to release stuff for UT3. There doesn't seem to be a UT3Mod package system like there was for UT2004 and UT. Anyways here it is. Hopefully I got it right and all you have to do is unzip everything into your UT3 folder. Please backup your configs.

Whats to be expected
This is not a full UI yet. It's barely even there. I wanted to do a release so that people could give me some early feed back on what is working thus far. I'm also interested to know performance and load times for the UI. At this point you can use the bot match window drag it around and resize it. You can also select the gametype, map and mutators and then start a match.

I'm interested to know about resolution. So far, I've been testing on 1280 X 1024. If it looks funny on your resolution please let me know. You can still use the console to alter things, thus setres 1024X768 will change the res to 1024X768 for example.

Known issues
There's no scrolling yet, so if you resize too small stuff will overlap other stuff. This will be 'fixed' when I figure out how to handle scrolling.

There's not many feedback actions yet, aka, things do not highlight when you put your mouse over them, or buttons get clicked when you click them, etc.

There's no mouse cursor changes just yet. I wanted to add this before today, but ran out of time.

So, let me remind you guys, if you are looking for a full UI, this is not it just yet. If you have 5 minutes to spare, and can help me test the UI out then that will be great.

Hope it works. I'm away for the weekend, so any questions I will answer then! If it doesn't work at all, hopefully a smart cookie here will help get it to work.

Do'h
I forgot to include my changes to UTEngine.ini

Change-
Map=UTFrontEnd.ut3
LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3

to

Map=EnvyEntry.ut3
LocalMap=EnvyEntry.ut3

Or just download the UTEngine.ini file above.

Last edited:

DDRRE

Flesh is a design flaw.
Feb 13, 2004
Israel
Sweet. Downloading now. (resolution: 1680x1050)

Sure is downloading slowly. I suggest uploading it to somewhere else. I'm using Flashget to boost it up a bit (x10 in fact)

Last edited: