UWindow2 Development Blog

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

G.Lecter

Registered Tester
Dec 31, 2004
Spain
www.oscarcrego.com
Just a couple more things (not high-priority :))
- Hitting 't' while you are in Uwindows does activate the 'say' order, so the console window can't be used properly.
- Hitting ESC while you are in Uwindows does go back to the old UI aswell, I guess there's not much you can do if it affects the security thing...
- Would be nicer if the msdos startup window did start minimized, or was not shown at all (if possible...) :D

Alhanalem

Teammember on UT3JB Bangaa Bishop
Feb 21, 2002
Ivalice
I'll see what I can do, but for the time being it's about trying to get more of the UI fleshed out and done. The amount of things you can do with uWindows2 right now is quite small. Right now you can start a botmatch (with a few options), configure your video settings, using the console command and see the credits. That's not very useful yet, so instead of sweating the small stuff, I need to complete the big picture first.

Yeah, I understand. I just always thought one of the biggest complaints about the current menus is the lack of options that can be configured within the game.

- Would be nicer if the msdos startup window did start minimized, or was not shown at all (if possible...)

I'd imagine it's purely for debugging/testing purposes.

Last edited:

ihaulchems

May 26, 2008
Snake Its coming along very well.Thank you for having the balls to step up!I would like to help but I dont know code.I just hope Epic and Midway sees and maybe offer you a job on the next UT .I would vote for that...lol.I just hope some other people that know how to code will help you too .I would like to see someone make voice packs and you can put in the settings for them.With all these u package files its hard to find the ones in ut3.
Anyways very nice job and thank you........

UnskilledPRO

Apr 14, 2008
Hi there, been reading your threads for some time now and finaly decided to try to use UW2 but for some reason im only getting a black screen (pretty low res) and cant do anything but open the console..

I did indeed extract the latest (17th) version to the UT3 install folder and i even changed the UTEngine "map" and "local map". Would be really nice to get this wonderful project working on my computer aswell.

Good job and good luck with the contest.

-UnskilledPRO

Emmet Otter

I miss XMP :(
May 26, 2003
Home of the NHL Devils
Visit site
How quick is this from leaving an instant action match to another gametype? Load time figures.

Are bots gonna be customizable?

Ive also read that hitting the escape key to get you back into the menu takes you back into the atrocious original menu due to version/security conflicts and all. Can you make it work for instant action play where you can escape into your menu?

Last edited:

GinSoakedBoy

Apr 25, 2008
I don't seem to be able to get this to work. I've extracted the files to the UT3 dir, changed the UTEngine.ini map= and localmap= to EnvyEntry.ut3 and run the bat file but I still see the original menu.

GinSoakedBoy

Apr 25, 2008
I extracted all the files to the UT3 install directory, and changed the UTEngine.ini which is in MY Documents.

If it makes any difference I'm running Vista 64.

WHIPperSNAPper

Mar 22, 2003
Visit site
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before, but will your UWindows mod allow people to open up menus and the server browser while they're on a game server without leaving the server?

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before, but will your UWindows mod allow people to open up menus and the server browser while they're on a game server without leaving the server?
Unlikely as uWindows2 shuts down when you connect to an online game.

[SCREENSHOT]http://forums.beyondunreal.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=95874&stc=1&d=1213816581[/SCREENSHOT]

Crunch time is pretty gruely, with about 14-16 hours work per day on uWindows2. Just a week to go, and I've still got a lot to do (as always).

• Preferences window is complete. You are able to alter preferences to the same degree as the original UT3 menu system allowed you too. The 'Weapons' and 'Player' preferences are now stored in the 'Player Setup' and 'Weapons' window instead (which are not complete)
  • Panel scrolling is complete, you can use the buttons, the scroll thumb and the scroll space to scroll the panel. All components smoothly scroll within panels
  • Slight boost in window creation speed
  • Changed the background to Unreal Tournament's background
  • Added gradients to windows, drop down menus
  • Full theme localization to allow language support
  • Add vertical seperator to the bot match window, and switch the game type and map list to the left hand side
  • Started basic colorizing support. Colorizing allows users to customize the color scheme of the UI. This is supported within the themes, by adding a color tag to components. For example, all panels use the same color tag allowing me to color them all red. Windows, buttons, and any component can be done as well
  • Updated some of the windows graphics, and enabled transparency on appropriate images

pinnacle

Jan 22, 2008
I extracted the latest build to UT3's main directory and when running the bat file the regular UI came up. What am I doing wrong?

Crotale

_________________________ _______________
Jan 20, 2008
Anywhere But Here
[SAS]Solid Snake;2146162 said:
Changed the background to Unreal Tournament's background
Hey Snake, what are the dimensions of that new background? I want to make a new one for myself. Or, I suppose the question is, what dimensions are required?

Last edited: