World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
I'm pretty certain no one reads anything in game.

Still playing, still raiding when I feel like it. My guild struggles to keep enough capable bodies for anyhting but 10man content, so I skip a lot of stuff lately.

Having a blast on my Rogue though, sneaking into Alliance cities, sapping ppl all over the place. Sometimes ambushing ppl in the pvp areas. Killing off Flight Masters and watching the newbs gather around wondering what to do.

Basically my Rogue seems to think he's playing CoD:MW2. It's greiftastic.

Undead Hunter will be my next main toon. Cannot wait for the Cataclysm to hit.. but I'm going to need something to filter out all the "holy cow" jokes and references.

Last edited by a moderator:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I'm really looking forward to Cataclysm. I'm not really raiding at the moment, my Goon Squad raid group fell apart due to members leaving for various real-life reasons. So, for the time being I've picked up my pursuit of Loremaster once more. It's nice because I can do it on my own schedule and not worry about pissing off other people, both in game and out. It doesn't really bother me. Icecrown Citadel felt a bit lackluster after Ulduar. For the fortress of the king of death, it seemed a bit too silly and wacky in some places, and just not as epic as I had pictured it being. I still want to see the content, though, and I haven't completed Frost wing yet since our raid fell apart the week it was opened.

The new expansion just looks ****ing awesome. So many cool things ahead for the game, it's pretty exciting.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
I'm reinstalling to see how it is. If it is anything like I thought it was when I left, I'm out. And what I mean by that, is if that people are still using Gear Score, I'm going to blow my ****ing brains out.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I'm reinstalling to see how it is. If it is anything like I thought it was when I left, I'm out. And what I mean by that, is if that people are still using Gear Score, I'm going to blow my ****ing brains out.

lmao gearscore is by far the worst ****ing addon

Not only does it make people rely on a number that has nothing to do with your abilities beyond playing long enough to farm up badges for gear, but it's also horribly coded and it spams the **** out of people through the addon channel, constantly collecting data. It's not so bad in a smaller guild, but in Goon Squad that's like a few hundred people just spamming the **** out of each other and it causes people to disconnect.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
I didn't need an explanation on why it's bad, I know how ****ing terrible it is it made me quit in the first place LOL. I just hope that these bad children know what the **** they are doing.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Rambling about Gear Scores.

That is very true, in some aspects. I do think it's rather appropriate to get a group with Gear Scores or 4800 or higher for say... ToC or VoA 25man. Even though the nubs may not know what to do, it's much better than brining somebody who just hit level 80, with a Gear Score of 3100, who would get one shotted by a single mob.

It has it's up's and down's. I've ran ToC 25 man with complete idiots, but who had high gear scores.

GeckoYamori

Apr 27, 2008
Cataclysm has something that should have been in the game since arenas were introduced: rated battlegrounds. PvP is my favorite part of the game. I played PvP before there were arenas, before there were crossrealms battlegrounds. Wearing my old PvP title with pride.

I've always hated arenas though, because PvP was essentially shoehorned into the game after release when it was designed around PvE, the balance requirement takes on a whole new level when you add arena gameplay, which doesn't matter as much in battlegrounds were objectives and team coordination are more important. Some class designs are just inherently suited better for arena situations than others, like druids who can throw a billion instant HoT spells and escape practically any CC while running around pillars. This is why I think the whole "eSports" approach is total bull**** for this type of game.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
That is very true, in some aspects. I do think it's rather appropriate to get a group with Gear Scores or 4800 or higher for say... ToC or VoA 25man. Even though the nubs may not know what to do, it's much better than brining somebody who just hit level 80, with a Gear Score of 3100, who would get one shotted by a single mob.

It has it's up's and down's. I've ran ToC 25 man with complete idiots, but who had high gear scores.

Gearscore only tells you about someone's maximum potential, nothing about how terrible they really are. You can outfit a drooling retard in full ICC25 gear and they can still pull 500 DPS on a boss because they are a drooling retard who got carried through content to get phat purple loots. This is why I rarely do anything outside of the guild, because most people are in this game are drooling retards because even a drooling retard can hit level 80 and get badge gear through persistence rather than skill. And this is not a game that takes a lot of skill to play.

Cataclysm has something that should have been in the game since arenas were introduced: rated battlegrounds. PvP is my favorite part of the game. I played PvP before there were arenas, before there were crossrealms battlegrounds. Wearing my old PvP title with pride.

I've always hated arenas though, because PvP was essentially shoehorned into the game after release when it was designed around PvE, the balance requirement takes on a whole new level when you add arena gameplay, which doesn't matter as much in battlegrounds were objectives and team coordination are more important. Some class designs are just inherently suited better for arena situations than others, like druids who can throw a billion instant HoT spells and escape practically any CC while running around pillars. This is why I think the whole "eSports" approach is total bull**** for this type of game.

PvP in World of Warcraft is just awful. It's also really irritating because they keep balancing the game around it which changes mechanics for raid encounters. It's basically rock/paper/scissors with the added caveat of who has the better gear, and what your arena group composition is. Battlegrounds are a little bit more fun, yes, but even Alterac Valley has just turned into a mad rush for the end points and who can kill the boss sooner, it's not even PvP just a raid that gives you honor.

Last edited:

GeckoYamori

Apr 27, 2008
Alterac Valley is worse than ever right now, yeah. There are still some bright moments in there though when both teams' rush attempts are botched, someone caps stonehearth graveyard and you end up with huge fights in the northern chokepoints. Those huge concentrated battles are the absolute peak of my WoW enjoyment.

Warsong Gulch and Arathi Basin are still about as enjoyable as they used to be, in spite of the changes to make the matches faster. I've also been playing a lot of Eye of the Storm lately which has grown on me.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
I can see the logic behind recruiting folks by gear score. In a decent guild it'd never be a bother for most people as your guild will mostly likely be well aware of your performance but for PuG's it's a logical stop-check.

You know if someones got a pile of decent gear then they're going to be easier to carry than someone with a pile of crap gear and every single recruit in a pug group is a potential "carry" after all.

So other than the spam and poor coding of an addon i don't get the problem?

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Man, I am playing the auction house and I think I'm going to have fun tracking trends and playing the economy. We'll see how it goes. I am actually having fun leveling Alliance as well :/

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Anybody raiding ICC still? What's the max bosses you've downed, 10 and 25 man mode.

I've gotten past the first Four on both, killed Festergut and Rotface on both, but killed the Blood Prince Council on 25 man mode.

I've been trying to get into a few raid guilds on my server. One has already started 10 man Hard Mode's, and are on the Lich King for their 25 man.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&cn=Amarthian

Trynant

Manic Brawler
Jan 31, 2002
Quiet Island
trynant.wordpress.com
My account expires tomorrow, not going to renew it for some time (Cataclysm pre-patch most likely). Too much stuff I've already done that I need to do over and over again to do anything interesting. Specifically, I'm not geared for ICC yet and the most realistic way of getting my equipment to ICC level is by grinding a hella ton of dungeons, and that's not going to happen. A grind is okay it's fun while you do it, but that's not the case here.

Neddaf

Just a flesh wound!
Jul 19, 2001
Los Angeles, California
Damn game bit me again. It is so easy to make money and get gear. Lich King looks like a great fight tbh and I'm fairly excited for ICC. We'll see how long this lasts.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Anybody raiding ICC still? What's the max bosses you've downed, 10 and 25 man mode.

I've gotten past the first Four on both, killed Festergut and Rotface on both, but killed the Blood Prince Council on 25 man mode.

I've been trying to get into a few raid guilds on my server. One has already started 10 man Hard Mode's, and are on the Lich King for their 25 man.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&cn=Amarthian

In my guild we're taking tries on Lich King heroic 10 man. Pretty damn difficult boss, though it's mostly due to RNG. If I get picked up (I play disc priest) in second phase, we got big trouble.

In 25 man we got 11/12 bosses down on 25 man heroic. 12/12 on 25 normal, obviously. I imagine we'll try Lich King 25 man heroic next week, which will be crazy :p

My guild is 6th best guild on my server amagad

Last edited: