World of Warcrafters?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
I quit raiding like two months ago because I wasn't able to be home and online regularly enough to not piss off the rest of my raid group. Only one night of Sindragosa attempts :( Hopefully I can pick it back up again soonish.

Rambowjo

Das Protoss
Aug 3, 2005
Tapeland
Or rather, Random Number Generator. Basically it means the random things that happen in fight, like who gets unbound magic on Sindragosa (a debuff that pretty much disables casters on hardmode) or valkyrs (2 valkyrs that fly down and pick up players and throw them off the edge). So like on the Lich King encounter, you need two discipline priests to spam shields on the entire raid, to manage a dot that Lich King throws on the entire raid every now and then, called Infest. Now, if one (or both) of the priests get picked up by the valkyrs, you won't be able to shield the entire raid, which might lead to a wipe. Of course, you can protect yourself against this by bringing 3 disc priests, but that's not a very good healing setup then.

That's RNG for you. Sometimes it'll completely botch your attempts at an encounter, sometimes it'll help you. It doesn't decide the entire game of course, but sometimes it can easily steer you towards a wipe.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
jeeze, Warcraft is really looking dated.

I thought one of the recent expansions was going to perform a graphics overhaul on the games engine. wasn't it?
but I can't be quoted on that, I never renewed my account like I talked about. stepping back into WoW would be like an alien experience at this point...

plus all my tier7 could now be replaced with non-set, level 80 greens :(

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003
A graphical update for a game with the type of playerbase that WoW has is not likely. The majority of WoW players have awful computers by gaming standards.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I never renewed my account like I talked about. stepping back into WoW would be like an alien experience at this point...

plus all my tier7 could now be replaced with non-set, level 80 greens :(

You nearly sound like that affects you. I really assumed it wouldn't ever after the way you've bashed the game.

Jacks:Revenge

╠╣E╚╚O
Jun 18, 2006
somewhere; sometime?
well there was a time several months ago when I considered trying WoW again, strictly in a casual sense. I was just gonna' "see" some old friends and stick to PVP and/or small group stuff.
there's no way I could seriously raid anymore, I burned myself out. as the main tank to the top guild on my server (Eitrigg), that was about as serious as I ever took a video game, showing up every night to push content and be SUPER LEET.

can't do that crap anymore. no time for it.

and I was never really bashing the whole game. the only sincere criticisms I have are regarding changes to PVP and the endgame experience after BC.

for the record; when I make fun of people who still play WoW, that's just me making fun.
I don't really have anything against it.

Last edited:

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
A graphical update for a game with the type of playerbase that WoW has is not likely. The majority of WoW players have awful computers by gaming standards.

They have atleast made there water a bit better though;
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/may/catazones/desolace_09.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/may/catazones/desolace_07.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/may/catazones/ashenvale_02.jpg
http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2010/may/catazones/ashenvale_29.jpg

Post alpha i believe it's actually intended to reflect stuff...

Last edited:

SlayerDragon

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLADIES
Feb 3, 2003

Yeah, they've made some incremental updates to things. Look at the NPC models screenshotted in that mmo-champ post. They are much nicer looking than previous iterations, which gives me hope they'll actually update the damn player models which are waaaaaaaay outdated now. They added real-time shadows with Wrath of the Lich King, and higher resolution textures have been filtering in since The Burning Crusade.

Personally, I'd love it if they made more graphical updates. I like eye candy.

Juggalo Kyle

Sup brah.
Mar 23, 2005
Northern Cali
Unsubscribed today. I just can't sit and do the same damn raid over and over again. My gear (except my chest) is iLevel 251 and mostly 264. No need to keep doing the same sh*t PuG raids that only down 8/12 in 4 hours.

I would join a Raid guild and actually down the Lich King, but my marriage is more important, so I'll choose 'life' in this one.

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
I would join a Raid guild and actually down the Lich King, but my marriage is more important, so I'll choose 'life' in this one.

I haven't keep up with the WoWy crap, but do you really require to investigate THAT much time once you've got the good gear from Raids?

tool

BuFs #1 mom
Oct 31, 2001
Up my ass
I am coming back to WoW when Cataclysm comes out and have no intention of doing raiding. Besides with all of the old world content being completely new, im just going to make a new character to see all of that, after I get my priest to 85.

I really wish raiding wasnt the only thing worth doing in end game. I know its a multiplayer game and all, but raids really suck, MMOs need to come up with something new for end game content.

GeckoYamori

Apr 27, 2008
You say that as if PvP is non-existant. There's rated battlegrounds coming in Cataclysm, in addition to (at least) 3 new battlegrounds.

shadow_dragon

is ironing his panties!
You say that as if PvP is non-existant. There's rated battlegrounds coming in Cataclysm, in addition to (at least) 3 new battlegrounds.

PvP is a different kettle of fish really, it's an option for sure but not necessarily a good alternative to raiding if the only reason to do it is due to boredom with raiding.

You'd want to be a PvP enthusiast and if you were one of those already... you probably wouldn't be complaining about raiding being the only end game content. ;)