The WIP Screenshot Thread!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
Well, you have my first map down here in this thread, seems like it should be pretty good, a revival project from a DM map I wrote back in the 90s when these types of DM maps were popular:

http://forums.beyondunreal.com/showthread.php?t=181969

For now, it is still a WIP, since I just got the geometry, lighting, and static meshes done, gotta add the hard stuff, player starts, ammo, health, path nodes, etc... That'll take almost all weekend.
Even tho I'm building this in UT2004, I may probably try and convert this to UT3, since my mapping skills are stronger in the older gens of UT. Have to learn the differences between UE2 and UE3.
After all, UT2004's what I have the DVD Edition of with the VTMs, I only have the $20 basic UT3 version, with no VTMs.

Last edited:

vybz

Apr 2, 2008
woo minme christmas map!

btw, still looking for experienced mappers to help on the project ;)

Join #unrealed on quakenet (not eneterthegame - that one isnt as good) IRC channel, there are exp mappers that good help, professionals and people withinteresting lives lol

cooloola

A good samaritan
Dec 31, 2005
I want to try that map of yours cooloola thaht your working on, it looks epic.
thanks Mr.Ugly, expect a release pretty soon about a week or so, im going straight to release for this I don't think beta test is necessary since this wasn't a serious effort. It's more of an experiment to see what else i could do with the industrial theme after i was done with cogworks.

Mclogenog

I put the lol in philology
Wow Kantham, though there isn't much to see yet, I'm very interested. Though I've never really been a big fan of minime maps, some small part of me remembers my childhood and says "hardcore, pow, wowzers!" Well, maybe minus the 'hardcore', but anyways, I hope it's fun. Thanks.

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
so, work on my other map that i've shown a while ago (DM-Cydian) is going on and it's coming up nicely but i wish i had spent more time at the drawing board cause right now decorating some parts of it is kind of tricky. but i guess i learned my lesson - for my next serious map i'll definitely spend some more time planning and doing paintovers of layout screenshots (which is really helpful to me).

but every now and then i need a little break to clear my mind a bit so i started something i've been wanting to do for a long time. so the past two weekends i took a couple of hours to work on DM-Saip:

a smallish space map (or floater or whatever you want to call it) using a slightly altered version of hourences's unreal sky. i know this kind of map is love'em/hate'em at its best but i always wanted to make one so...

edit: depending on whether or not people will like the final version i might even use this layout for a CTF map but we'll see about that.

Last edited:

nELsOn

bSnakeCastShadow = True
Aug 18, 2005
on a plane
www.nelsonmaps.wordpress.com
nah, you got it the wrong way. these new shots are from a different map i've been working on for the past two weekends :)

btw - i just started making some skins for my staticmeshes. and my god, it's a pain in the ass :(

Last edited:

Daze_

Jun 25, 2008
www.danbanefelt.se
cave5.jpg

\o/

Kantham

Fool.
Sep 17, 2004
Update

[SCREENSHOT]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/610/bigmeviewwg0.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9872/minimefs6.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Yes, the DOF is added when you're in-game to give it a gigantic perspective. The gameplay area is going to be in the middle of the room, you don't get to the tables and the rest, it's just a part of the background. Otherwise it'd be ****ing huge.

The gameplay area is going to be plastic-themed Nonsense objects that will make out this gameplay. Rather than a bunch of random boxes for cover.

Daze_

Jun 25, 2008
www.danbanefelt.se
It's gonna be a playable map - what the screen shows though is basically just a random compilation of the meshes I've got so far to make sure they fit decently together and to set a theme. The cave itself is only about 50% done and isn't even uv mapped yet. I've got the layout pretty much worked out though, I'll post more screens as progress is made!

WedgeBob

XSI Mod Tool User
Nov 12, 2008
Cleveland, OH, USA
[SCREENSHOT]http://img296.imageshack.us/img296/610/bigmeviewwg0.jpg[/SCREENSHOT] [SCREENSHOT]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9872/minimefs6.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

Yes, the DOF is added when you're in-game to give it a gigantic perspective. The gameplay area is going to be in the middle of the room, you don't get to the tables and the rest, it's just a part of the background. Otherwise it'd be ****ing huge.

The gameplay area is going to be plastic-themed Nonsense objects that will make out this gameplay. Rather than a bunch of random boxes for cover.

Heh, looks more like a SWAT 4 map than a UT3/UT2004 one. Needless to say, nice job.

Last edited: