The Offical [BETA] UW Feedback thread...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
hey, please drop my m,pa from the release unless i give you a new version. just dont want a screwed ver going into the puiblic release, thanks.

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
Hmm, I was just playing on the Beta server with sinperman and it just crashed, here is the error message.

UT2004 Build UT2004_Build_[2005-11-23_16.22]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2214 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (8198)

General protection fault!

History: UScriptedTexture::Get <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetShaderMaterial <- FD3DRenderInterface::SetMaterial <- USkeletalMeshInstance::Render <- FDynamicActor::Render <- RenderLevel <- UWRC-Silverrock2.myLevel <- FLevelSceneNode::Render <- FPlayerSceneNode::Render <- UGameEngine::Draw <- UWindowsViewport::Repaint <- UWindowsClient::Tick <- ClientTick <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Silverrock Day <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 10910191 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

It's crashed on me twice before but I didn't copy the error down or anything, the other times it crashed I was playing offline

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I did not crash when Adam did... if that helps. Also, I suggest maybe having the heal stations on Wrecker heal a little bit slower. At least with 2 people online... the game can go on forever as you repair so fast IMO. Maybe its harder with more people... not sure yet as I have not had a chance to play with a bunch of people :)

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
$n][pErMan said:
I did not crash when Adam did... if that helps. Also, I suggest maybe having the heal stations on Wrecker heal a little bit slower. At least with 2 people online... the game can go on forever as you repair so fast IMO. Maybe its harder with more people... not sure yet as I have not had a chance to play with a bunch of people :)

It's probably best to reduce the heal effect anyway, even though more than two people are likely to play, because no matter how many people you start with it will probably come down to two people in the end. But more testing is needed before changes are made anyway, let's get some big Wrecker games going.

PrimalInstinct

Flak Monkey
Dec 10, 2005
deepsouth
so far I gotta say I like the old version better,although maybe that will change in time...feel's kinda bland...:lol:(sound's like fun though)hint,hint

Last edited:

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
PrimalInstinct said:
so far I gotta say I like the old version better,although maybe that will change in time...feel's kinda bland...:lol:(sound's like fun though)hint,hint

Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel left out, I should have said "A select few forum regulars". I don't even know exactly who has it, i had nothing to do with deciding who got the beta, that was all up to Shrimp, so you should bug him for it :)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Looks like that crash is real-time reflection related. Need to add an option to disable it, for stability and performance reasons.

Don't know if anyone has noticed also, but the lighting on the vehicles has been improved dramatically. They no longer have that unlit/fullbright look to them when driving in and out of shadow or different light brightnesses and colours. MidnightAir and Industry demonstrate quite well.

About missing out on the testing; I just chose the people I've seen around the forums a lot, and who have been following the mod for probably going on 2 years. I don't mean any offence to anyone not selected :(.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
I always loved MidnightAir.. I dont know what happened... but I cant get through that map... not even 1 lap... without randomly hitting something and flipping all over. Not sure what has changed... but you might want to look into it. 1 spot is really bad and ALWAYS happens.. its right after the biggest jump in the map on the turn downward.

PrimalInstinct

Flak Monkey
Dec 10, 2005
deepsouth
:About missing out on the testing; I just chose the people I've seen around the forums a lot, and who have been following the mod for probably going on 2 years. I don't mean any offence to anyone not selected :(.[/QUOTE]
:)Certainly none taken...Thanx for a great game! (messed up a quote...:eek: )

Last edited:

craze

Jan 27, 2005
yeah, ive been getting errors with the reflection tex. just today the car in teh main menu had a default tex reflection with the words client invalid or something like that...

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
craze said:
yeah, ive been getting errors with the reflection tex. just today the car in teh main menu had a default tex reflection with the words client invalid or something like that...

yep like this? camo anybody? :D
camof15dv.jpg

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
ANother error (well one that should be an easy fix)... but on RC_Fronz][ (I think thats was the name) when you select your car it hits the tree on the way down from spawning and flips over EVERY time and then you start outside your car. Might wanna fix that :p

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
Malibu Barbie said:
......whenever I'm at speed and lift off the gas in order to slow down for a corner, the car goes into a spin. ....

steve and i ran some laps last night and he asked me about the speed factor. like MB, i have noticed its really hard to slow down from high speeds w/o losing control of your car. its almost like the emergency brake is being applied when you lift off the gas and start coasting...didnt the old ver. do this too? or maybe its certain cars... but now, with such high speeds its a little crazy. need more braking from the front brakes it seems (if possible) ;)

rabbit/kball/ctf's games are going to take a big hit from car damage.... maybe some heal pods in maps???? or tone down damage scale?????? or generate turbo faster????

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
PrimalInstinct said:
Hey someone try the pos van on Midnight Air...i always found it did best on that map...never bumped or snagged..
Not anymore. The only vehicles that can get around the map now are the monster trucks, and even those hit quite a few invisible obstacles from time to time, mostly in the middle of the turns.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
JamesBong said:
steve and i ran some laps last night and he asked me about the speed factor. like MB, i have noticed its really hard to slow down from high speeds w/o losing control of your car. its almost like the emergency brake is being applied when you lift off the gas and start coasting...didnt the old ver. do this too? or maybe its certain cars... but now, with such high speeds its a little crazy. need more braking from the front brakes it seems (if possible) ;)

rabbit/kball/ctf's games are going to take a big hit from car damage.... maybe some heal pods in maps???? or tone down damage scale?????? or generate turbo faster????
Ya .. the more I play the beta the more I start noticing it. I will go very fast on the stright away... then let off the gas to coast around a turn or prepare for a turn, but instead of slowing down, as soon as I slightly touch the wheel I spin out :( I agree that could use some tweaking. However, I do think the turbo is nice now. Not only is it fast, but so fast that using it constantly will surely lose you the race because you will crash :p

Malibu Barbie

Action Figure
Jan 21, 2005
unwheel.beyondunreal.com
$n][pErMan said:
I will go very fast on the stright away... then let off the gas to coast around a turn or prepare for a turn, but instead of slowing down, as soon as I slightly touch the wheel I spin out

And if you use mouse steering like I do, then you don't even need to touch the wheel. Just lift off the gas and the car spins. This only happens with the very fast cars and at the very top speeds. Formula Racer 2 is the most prone to do it. With the Fomula Racer it is somewhat controlable, but not at the very top speeds. With the WildFish II you can turn it into a power-slide, but it takes some good timing, which can be hard to do on a tight race.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Jeep and I found a few more little problems tonight. If two vehicles resume at the same time, one will blow up and end up dead on the track. We both crashed UT a few times with the get shader material error.