The Offical [BETA] UW Feedback thread...

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Well I did not see one so I took the liberty of making one! :) Post everything about it here... what you like and/or dislike or what you managed to break! I hope to have a beta server up soon so we can test online... I PM'ed shimp a few questions first though so I can get it setup properly.

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
So far I've mostly played wrecker, and I like it, but it kind of sucks to get killed and then just have to sit there while everyone else keeps playing. At the very least it should swich to spectate mode or something after a few seconds, or when you click the mouse.

Also, It seems like it's hard to trigger the healing spots with the lower vehicles, like the F1 cars.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
the vehicle selection list is seiorusly screwed up, it looks like it repeas itself, then some cars aren't rendered properly(i have a 'ghosty' semi) and some wont use skins correctly. i just crashed it trying to load the 'ghosty' semi.

Diego1203

Jan 10, 2004
craze said:
the vehicle selection list is seiorusly screwed up, it looks like it repeas itself, then some cars aren't rendered properly(i have a 'ghosty' semi) and some wont use skins correctly. i just crashed it trying to load the 'ghosty' semi.

I noticed that too, but I assumed it was because I didn't uninstall the old version of UnWheel first.

stevenhorton

Not of this World
Jan 9, 2004
Central USA
home.mchsi.com
Great effort Shrimp:clap: Most all the problems I have found so far are the mapper's faults.
There is a problem with the real-time TexEnmap being over illuminated in the selection window after using the vehicle. I had no problem selecting vehicles or a repeating list. You need to delete the previous version before installing the new one or you will get multiple versions of the vehicles.
I like the look of real time shadows, but it still makes some of the vehicles seem laggy. Could it be toggled on and off? The shake when using turbo seems excessive, makes it hard to see.
We need to weed out a few maps like UWRC-KBallHotel,(a mistake from last release), and UWRC-MountainTown, which I replaced with a Rally map. I have both a Rally and Race version of LostGods, I think we should remove the Race version because of the length.
UWRC-PavilionTrack needs the hills flattened out, I hit the girder before the starting position:p
ProjectX still needs to tone down the ambient sounds in AngelFalls, Alpine and Caribbean.
Record tracking doesn't work in practice. Did run a 4:19 in TrainRace:)

Last edited:

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
Shimped PM'ed me back on some of the server stuff. I have projects and a few finals this week. I hope on Saturday though I will have some time to get the beta server setup and running :)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
Yup, the duplicate/broken vehicles are caused by the old version. A quick way to resolve it would by by removing all the UnWheel .int files from UT2004\System\.

The realtime shadows are supposed to be off, as they do cause slowdown and often tend to go crazy, guess I added the wrong variable to the DefUser.ini or something.

I guess I could agree on the turbo shake, it is perhaps a little psychotic :).

For the lap records, on the vehicle selection screen, you need to turn on "Record best lap", it's off by default.

ProjectX

Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps
Jan 9, 2004
Right behind you.
stevenhorton said:
ProjectX still needs to tone down the ambient sounds in AngelFalls, Alpine and Caribbean.
Record tracking doesn't work in practice. Did run a 4:19 in TrainRace:)

I'll see to angel falls and alpine, but is this the new version of caribbean? With the improved graphics? Because I thought I'd done that one, maybe not. I'll go over it again.

JamesBong

'JeeP' addict
Sep 18, 2002
oHIo
Visit site
i got it working last night... good job Shrimp :cheers:

i agree about the turbo shake = bit too much, though doesnt really bother me. i did not see any doubled cars in the menus, but i did notice sometimes the car previews where looking underneath the car for some reason. End of race spectate mode or free cam would be cool. (no more crazyness at the end of races... ie car resets :( )

i was expecting way more damage to occur than what you've implemented. i seriously thought i'd be creeping around in a broken car after tagging a few walls. i am glad its not that way. :)

the tire lining of caribbean seems alittle tight... 8 cars diving into some of those corners same time is going to be nuts...'specailly if position 1 car gets stuck on tire. the ocean and birds ambience gotta be removed or toned down...sorry drives me nuts :D

seperate user.ini and ut2004.ini just for unwheel should be default instead of messing with 2k4's ini's.... not that i play or care @ vanilla 2k4, but alot of ppl do and might want to bind some of the same keys to do things. i made myself seperate .ini's and changed my shortcut properties to load those .ini's

i'll play around some more. cant wait to get on a server... hint hint nudge nudge know whatimean.... naaaahhh good luck w/finals snipe ;)

Shrimp

Seafood splatter
Jan 13, 2003
Deep in South Africa
shrimpworks.za.net
It does use it's own .ini files, that's why we have the whole -mod=UnWheel thing going :p. Check out UT2004\UnWheel\System\UnWheel.ini and UnWheelUser.ini - those are the files it'll be using by default. If it seemed like it was using your default INIs, that's probably because it imports your default settings into the UnWheel INI files when you first start. It never writes to your default .ini files though.

End of race spectate - also a good idea.

craze

Jan 27, 2005
(this may not make any sence, im realy sick ATM)
hmmm, ive come across some more stuff, car preview angle is set by where your facing, the car is always flat, but if your camera at the begining of the race is looking some weird direction the car seems screwed up, maby you could force the camera to look a certain way.

some cars have sxkin errors and use the default tex in their skin.

some cars are too dark.

Ok, this is importrant, you need to remove damage from running into karma actors. (my map should be cut until i get the correct ver out, i gave smipe teh wrong one, play it and you will know what i mean)

some cars can go jst as fast when their upside down then if they are on their wgheels.

there are map duplicates(ver I and ][ )

some cars have trouble stopping, maby they are the old cars, if they could stop faster wrecker would be easier.

the rate damage effects car speed is a likttle crazy IMO(maby thats cuz i suck(avent played in a long time))

it would help to take the 'peed out of wrecker or make it weaker, I played a botmatch and it was insanely hard to kill.

bot AI in wrecker could be fixed, they clump together and stay that way.

havent seen much else theat i can think of ATM(or rember)
just hope this makes sence

$n][pErMan

UnWheel Server Guru!
Aug 29, 2004
i'll play around some more. cant wait to get on a server... hint hint nudge nudge know whatimean.... naaaahhh good luck w/finals snipe
haha .. thanks. I promise... I do have project work on saturday to do... but unless installing this becomes a real pain on linux (which is a good test for shimp i guess) I should have it up no problem by the burnout time... thats is if shrimps instructions for doing so work out :p