So?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Logan6

TC Vet
Dec 23, 2003
So.... How long do you think it would take you to learn how to mod in FarCry, HL2, or Doom3? :D

Last edited:

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
Hm. Actually, while I realize for performance reasons you may want to do all this intextures, the butt of the stock could use more detail at the end and the sides of the reciever seem unnaturally flat. At the very worse, worth putting them in now and maybe normal mapping later if you go to an engine that supports it?

Also, scope is bizarrely flat in the front.

Still, looking excellent.

Last edited:

Dr_Strangelove

http://www.jeremycox.com
Apr 1, 2000
US
www.jeremycox.com
well, the butt stock will not be seen much, if any by the player. All the details on the left side of the receiver are there, but maybe a little hard to see in the renders.

EDIT: and the front of the scope is flat because you will never see it from a first person perspective. Those polys not facing the player will probably be deleted anyway for performance reasons.

Last edited:

Arethusa

We will not walk in fear.
Jan 15, 2004
I take it you guys have no plans to go the no first person view models route? In general, I'd advise doing the model as precisely as possible. Generally easier to do now than go back later if you end up needing a more detailed view for anything. Not like you're constrained by UT99, anymore.

Dr_Strangelove

Apr 1, 2000
US
www.jeremycox.com
That is the plan, but the way it would work is we would use the same animations in first and third person, but just your weapon and player model would be replaced with a high poly version.

Dr_Strangelove

Apr 1, 2000
US
www.jeremycox.com
Some vehicles for you now.

Here is the Mi8 russian helicopter and OH-58D Kiowa US helicopter. Both were modeled by Fenris, and the Kiowa skin is a work in progress by Ace.

EDIT: higher res kiowa render added

Attachments

• Mi8_1.jpg
    Mi8_1.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Mi8_2.jpg
    Mi8_2.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 40
  • kiowa_1.jpg
    kiowa_1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 44
  • kiowa_2.jpg
    kiowa_2.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 63
  • kiowa_3.jpg
    kiowa_3.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

mbs357

olol
Jan 5, 2002
Visit site
So is this a definate 'yes' for the UT2k4 engine? What about the helicopters (the Kiowa looks amazing, btw)? I figured that if Inf went to UT2k4 they still wouldn't take advantage of vehicles, being an infantry simulator. I suppose they'd have uses as props or scripted sequences or whatnot, though.

Kyle Kellahshehskee

[^..^]Kyle
Mar 3, 2004
Metro Detroit, Michigan
The servers have been so quiet lately that I was beginning to really worry about what was happening to the community, especially since I'm trying to line up some friends to try the game out.

Then again, final exams are just coming to a close, and the holiday and travel season is definately upon us. I hope that I'm just getting a little worked up over nothing. :confused:

I just came across this thread, and boy am I happy I did. The modeling work is just stunning, and I too feel that more of an effort needs to be made to get these kinds of materials out to the public.

I'm pretty tired of players who hop into a match and do little more than predict "gloom and doom" about INF. I'd rather that they'd focus on enjoying the game and thus letting us more optimistic ones enjoy the game more too. :rolleyes:

And again, these renders of things to come are more than promising. Maybe the naysayers need to stare at these for a while, eh?

Please, KEEP THE IMAGES COMING as they're most invigorating!

Thank you, and...

GOOD NIGHT!

Kyle
Dec. 22, 2004

:)

Apr 21, 2003
Europe
I don´t know if images are enought all the time.

Well the SS team said that they are toying around with vehicles in UT2004, should they confirm this in later news again, just to let us know they do something?
sure I want to have more news, but only if they is something done and ready to show and not only just to push us.

Since the SS team are working on INF in their freetime I can understand the downtime (if they is one). But if they are actually working on something they should take it to the news, they should communicate with us. And I think they should name the new engine soon, to finally stop all this new engine discussions.

As some know they is a HL2 military sim under development, hard to tell how it will be, but it will be. Even if I will play it, I still will be at the INF forums. Hell I still post suggestions for Inf.

The one thing I actually hope for is to have an announcement of the new engine for INF, the rest is future.

Oh and I didn´t see some SS team members that often post here, what a bad sighn.