SmartDM for UT99

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
nope not in EUT.. although there are others that are not in SDM.

however I think SDM is not supposed to recognise these.. as it is.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I need some constructive input here also.
I found a way to add the crosshair in the scoreboard.

1. Should we add it with an option ?
2. Maybe leave it out as its only for testing but can come in handy ?
Code:
	if ( bShowSBCrossHair && !PlayerOwner.Weapon.bOwnsCrossHair && PlayerOwner.Health > 0 && !pPRI.bWaitingPlayer)
           PlayerOwner.MyHUD.DrawCrossHair(C, 0,0 );

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
Tripple Kill

well I found it in the announcer.uax via UED (Unreal Editor)

Attachments

• tripple.jpg
    tripple.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 2

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
imo it would be awesome to have and yeah optional on by default or off by default (easter egg) hidden treasure kinda thing.

bit bummed you remove the !sm cmds etc .. and the teamswitching / player / spec / vote cmds.. also.

they are really very useful.

but yer.. BTW pro players also use these. ;)

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
add to menu like you did with other features.. BTW have you figured out how to center the profiles as single upto limit before spliting?

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Yes TripleKill is in UT but in a String form only, it is never called.
The only place you will find it is in Botpack.MultiKillMessage.uc but is not used.

Been testing these multikills now on many maps and triple kill is definently not there and in my case did not hear megakill either and I had several monster kills.
So what I have done, is remove the triple and mega kills and added, Rampage, Dominating and Unstopable.

See here: - Opinions ?

sdm103v2.png

Best of both worlds :)

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I also notice it takes a while , maybe 10 to 15 seconds before the kills are updated.
The other thing if you kill too quickly it misses some things.
None of this is SmartDM's fault but just the way UT works.

If you have time listen to this demo, when a Monster kill is made, the announcer starts to say Ultra...., but is cut short and says Monster Kill, in this case an Ultrakill is not registered at all.

http://www.proasm.com/files/other/killtest.zip

Unzip to system folder, start UT, in console: timedemo 1 (must have) then demoplay killtest

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
here's some test skulls for the Team Icons as an alternative if you like. not sure how they look ..

as for spree;s etc upto you.

Attachments

• skulls.team.icons.7z
    7 KB · Views: 1

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
not sure , how these things are calculated sorry.

also in your menu perhaps add.. a way to remove these lines if players dont want to see spree's/multikills and reduce board line by line ?..

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
was thinking with the 'Team Headings' for an embossed look could we try adding a shadow effect?.. this I think would be easiest by duplicating the actual text and making it 'black' then starting from the exact position of the text 'RED TEAM' for example off setting it either down/left or down/right by 1px in both X/Y axis's?

like when it says 'You have won the match' in those ugly yellow on grey fonts.. offset

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
obviously with the 'shadow effect' or offsetting etc , the 'Black Text' be behind the font for the actual 'Team Headings' .. I guess this goes without mention.

Wises

Sep 15, 2008
and I really like some of the icons you have like 2 swords.

perhaps this could be optional for bots as well. every now and then I notice you change the offline icon which looks cool :)

The_Cowboy

Jun 18, 2010
I also notice it takes a while , maybe 10 to 15 seconds before the kills are updated.
The other thing if you kill too quickly it misses some things.
None of this is SmartDM's fault but just the way UT works.

Actually it is by the design of SmartDM (and this is what makes it smart :lol:). Here are few pointers worth noting:
1) Multikills are time related. If you kill a person within 3 seconds, multikill level is increased by 1. So you kill first person then second person at 2 seconds (here you will hear double kill but SmartDM wont give you double kill yet) because you might kill another person in 3 seconds which will give you triple kill (again you will hear triple kill but again SmartDM wont give you triple kill).
Now lets say you die (and now SmartDM will give you one multikill as triple kill) or lets say you dont find any guy to kill untill 10 seconds. Now when you kill fourth guy at tenth second SmartDM will award you one triple kill. Or lastly if the game ends you are awarded triple kill.

2) Sprees are not time dependent. You just have to keep on killing without being killed. And again you are awarded sprees only when it is ended or the game ends.

I have done required tests on these things and nobody has reported any errors in two years. So I dont think there is any need to modify the code here. You can safely rely on the stats. The showing of stats is what needs attention.

Instead of sprees: 3 you may show sprees: 3 ks 1 do 1 go 1 (as was shown in original scoreboard)

function DrawSpree( Canvas C, int X, int Y, int Row, int Col, string Label, string Str )
{
local float Size, DummyY ,DummyY2;
local string Temp ,SpreeType[5];
local int i ,p ,j ,Count;

SpreeType[0] = "KS";
SpreeType[1] = "RA";
SpreeType[2] = "Do";
SpreeType[3] = "UN";
SpreeType[4] = "GD";
X += StatIndent + ( ( StatWidth + StatsHorSpacing ) * ( Col - 1 ) );
Y += ( StatLineHeight * ( Row - 1 ) );
Temp = "";
i = 2;

C.DrawColor = StatsColor;
C.SetPos( X, Y );
C.StrLen( "TEST", Size, DummyY2 );
C.DrawText( Label );

C.Font = TinyInfoFont;
while( i <= 6 )
{
p = int( SelElem( Str ,i++ ) );
if( p != 0 )
Temp = Temp@SpreeType[j]$":"$p;
Count += p;
j++;
}
C.StrLen( Temp, Size, DummyY );
C.SetPos( X + StatsTextWidth , Y + DummyY2 - DummyY - 3 );//I dont know.The trick should have worked :(.3 is the hit and trial
C.DrawText( Temp ); //text

C.Font = StatFont;
C.StrLen( Count, Size, DummyY );
C.SetPos( X + StatsTextWidth - Size, Y );
C.DrawText( Count ); //text
}

Similarly for multikils. Seeings zeros everywhere might seem irritating sometimes.

Edit:
Regarding crosshair on scoreboard, sounds strange to a hardcore ut fan (who plays with scoreboard on?) but can be added as an option.

Last edited:

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
Ahhh ok thanks for that, I was wondering what all the 'mathematical' code was all about :)

I still have change t so there are no Triple kills and Mega Kills as I put a 'Log' debug in the code to see if the case is ever 2 or 4 and its not, many 1's the odd 3 and that's it.
So now it does give the 1,2,3 and 4 but I'll do more tests on this before finalizing things.

ProAsm

Mar 20, 2002
www.proasm.com
I need some advice here, also from you The_CowBoy if possible, as I don't know where to go from here.
Basically it's to do with the Multikills.
I have been playing with SmartDM0905 all afternoon and in my book the indications are wrong.
Now Wises has explained to me how it works in SmartDM and yes going by his explanation it more or less does that.
However, having said that, when you are playing a game, any game, and the Announcer says "MULTIKILL" the player expects to see a MK: 1 or in my case a MULK: 1 but he does not see that, in fact he's lucky if he gets a double kill indication.
This happened all the time, like the last game, I got 2 ULTRAKILLS and 1 MONSTERKILL but in 0905, it gave me 1 Multikill and 1 Megakill.
Now this is my concern:
Maybe this may be what is supposed to happen, but the Player out there will say the mod sucks as his/her kills are not being registered.
Maybe it's because in 0905 you only see a small 2 letter abbreviation and the 0's are not shown where in 103 everything is show.

Do I leave it like this and take the possible criticism, put it back to how 0905 had, adjust the code so it works with the games, or just dump it altogether which would seem a waste ?